Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess
    replied
    They posted Part II of the interview today.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/8/17/3...zan-kyle-lowry

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    "Fouling the offense" is a really interesting term. i dig it.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    mountio wrote: View Post
    DD doesnt get calls because he refuses to take the ball strong to the hoop. Its probably a combo of he needs more strength and hes just afraid of contact ... but one way or the other, this is whats holding him back .. not the refs

Vince, for example, never had trouble getting calls from day one, because when he took it to the hole, he went agressivce and tried to dunk the shit out of the ball. DD on the flip slide, tries to slither around people in the air and allows himself to get blocked .. thus no calls from the refs
    Absolutely.

If he attacked the rim with the same aggressiveness as an open lane......

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Part II from yesterday's discussion...

it's holding DeMar accountable at both ends, at the offensive end and the defensive end. It's physical play for DeMar that's going to take him to another level and that goes for both ends.
    DeMar is definitely showing growth but I'm not satisfied with where he's at and I know he's not and for him to take another step will ultimately help our team take another step.
    I think DeMar is 2-man in the league but DeMar can play some 3 and again the thing you've got to look at is on the defensive end. Guarding 2's and guarding 3's are two completely different things. Offensively playing the 3 might not be that big of a difference but guarding 2's vs. 3's is a huge deal.
    it's a big jump to go from playing in Europe to playing in the NBA. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for [Jonas] too but the one thing I do know about him is that he's got the physical ability right now to make the transition, he's got the mentality, he wants to learn and he wants to get better.
    The biggest thing we're trying to do with Amir is extend his range. I don't think people think of Amir as a three-point shooter, and not that we're going to run plays for him to get three-point shots, but we're trying to extend his range a little bit and make him a little more of a driver too so he can take advantage of his quickness and athleticism down on the block rather than have him shoot jump hooks.
    http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/8/17/3...zan-kyle-lowry

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    mountio wrote: View Post
    DD doesnt get calls because he refuses to take the ball strong to the hoop. Its probably a combo of he needs more strength and hes just afraid of contact ... but one way or the other, this is whats holding him back .. not the refs

Vince, for example, never had trouble getting calls from day one, because when he took it to the hole, he went agressivce and tried to dunk the shit out of the ball. DD on the flip slide, tries to slither around people in the air and allows himself to get blocked .. thus no calls from the refs
    This is how I would describe it as well. DeMar does go to the hoop, but he does not invite contact. There is a saying that the offensive player should "foul" the defence...initiate the contact.

Leave a comment:

• mountio
    replied
    BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
    One thing is he is not getting the calls from the officials when he does attack and that I feel is frustrating for him.

Maybe this year he will be a little more established in the eyes of the referees. That pisses me off all the same. To me a foul is a foul and no players should receive preferential calls or as is the case with DeRozan non-calls!

Leave a comment:

• BallaBalla
    replied
    did anyone catch Jamshid on that other thread talking to matt? halarious!

anyway, I am just not a believer in Demar. I want him to be better, I think we all do. he works hard, and has a great attitude but AT BEST he will would be a third option on a team, and more than likely a second string 2 guard. I think T-ross is our best shot right now

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    there were definitely games where demar wasnt getting respect from the refs at all. hopefully with a better team around that will change. I think it was the game against philly last year where he apparently got blocked 6 times and a ton of other no calls. I had to turn the game off because most of them were just blatant no calls it was pathetic

Leave a comment:

• StaytheCourse
    replied
    MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
    I would be very happy if Derozan played like a younger maggatte 6-10 FT per game would be amazing from Derozan
    One thing is he is not getting the calls from the officials when he does attack and that I feel is frustrating for him.

Maybe this year he will be a little more established in the eyes of the referees. That pisses me off all the same. To me a foul is a foul and no players should receive preferential calls or as is the case with DeRozan non-calls!

Leave a comment:

• MyTEAM4Life
    replied
    I would be very happy if Derozan played like a younger maggatte 6-10 FT per game would be amazing from Derozan

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I meant less about strength, but more about the lack of deep range, and living at the FT line.
    I like that comparison and think it's very fair and not disappointing at all (esp as DD seems far more durable than CM who hasn't played more than 77 games in a season since his rookie year). The ability to get to the line and hurt the defence by drawing fouls is greatly under appreciated. It's not pretty but this ain't no beauty contest!

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Prime wrote: View Post
    I don't know about that. Maggette is crazy strong.
    I meant less about strength, but more about the lack of deep range, and living at the FT line.

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    FWIW, DeMar's ceiling looks to be Maggette...
    I don't know about that. Maggette is crazy strong.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    The Tim Grgurich skills camp is something I've heard great things about. The guy is somewhat of a legend apparently. Glad our guys are taking advantage of it.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    FWIW, DeMar's ceiling looks to be Maggette...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X