Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better comparisons for Acy than Reggie Evens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam17 wrote: View Post
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu maybe? If anyone still remembers him. Both Pops and Acy are athletic energy players
    Thats actually a good one. He played pretty decent at the Olympics btw ...

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
      Pops Mensah-Bonsu maybe? If anyone still remembers him. Both Pops and Acy are athletic energy players
      I like that one, Acy will be a fringe NBA player, finding a role on a team and executing it will help prolong his career.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        That is a throw back.

I remember his dunk competition performance.

Great find Matt.

Comment

I've been seeing a lot of Carl Landry in Q.A. and I cant help but to agree.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Totally agree with you WJF, that the Evans comparisons are shallow.

I like the Pops comparison as well, but one thing that seems to stick out about Acy is his character and I didn't get that from Pops. I don't know much about the character of Carl Landry but he seems like a good comparison but lacks Acy's explosiveness.

I love finding comparisons for these guys at this point in the year, but find it hard to find matches... I guess, as they say, that every person is unique.

― John Wooden

Comment

A hybrid of Taj Gibson and Pops M-B
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I'd be ecstatic of Acy turns into Faried,

Comment

I haven't seen him really use his jump shot too much, but if he can be consistent with it I woulc put Acy's ceiling comparison as Horace Grant, basement as JYD and most likely somewhere in the middle like Amir Johnson...wait a second..

Comment

I like Acy compared to a mix of JYD/Evans/Pops. A fringe player with lots of heart & hustle, who rebounds despite his size and leaves it all on the court. A tweener who's too unathletic to be a pure SF and too small to be a pure PF. A player who gives you more than you expect him to, but less than you'd like him to.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      That is a throw back.

I remember his dunk competition performance.
                      I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                        I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!
                        I agree. Now we're seeing things like guys pulling down stuffed animals off the rim with their teeth, that's messed up lol. I say we get rid of props, and throw Ross, JR Smith, Iguodala, and Gerald Green in the dunk contest.

Comment

A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?
                            NEON KEON! Man, I loved watching that guy play. Didn't he set a Raptor record with 8 blocks in 1 game (I think)?

His legs were so skinny, it looked like they would snap with each step, but the guy made rebounding/shot blocking look so effortless. Had a nice elbow jumper too.

Comment

Oh man, I'm glad no one posted this as a comparison yet:

Luc Mbah a Moute.

Reasoning. Bit of a tweener, but really only because he's an undersized PF. Hardly a polished game, but doesn't try to do things he can't, so he's pretty efficient for a limited player. Rebounds the ball well. Uses his athleticism to his advantage. Great motor. Not a good FT shooter, but tolerable for a rotation big suited to being a backup...
                              Still not sure where Acy's going to get playing time, but for some reason I see his game resembling Mbah a Moute's.

Comment

Mbah a moute is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league though...

Comment

Working...
                                X