Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better comparisons for Acy than Reggie Evens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    started a topic Better comparisons for Acy than Reggie Evens?

Better comparisons for Acy than Reggie Evens?

Now by better I don't mean a better player, but someone who better represents the type of player and the abilities that Acy possesses. Other than the fact that they both have big ugly beards, I think Acy and Evens play completely different, yet all the comparisons are Acy is an Evans clone....come on we can do better.

Evans is a much beefier player and plays well below the rim, Acy is springy and can run the floor.
    Evans has no offensive touch, Acy has shown signs of being able to constantly hit a a 15 footer.

So I ask the Republic, who is a better comparison?

Tyrus Thomas
    Brandon Bass with out the shoulders

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Vykis wrote: View Post
    Mbah a moute is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league though...
    I don't know if I'd agree with that....He can guard SFs pretty well for a guy who's really suited to play PF. He's not a great dribble drive defender, or great at getting in the passing lanes. I think since Acy has similar size and skills, it's the type of player he could be in the NBA, and I think for Acy to be anything more than an end of bench big, he needs to be able to guard some of the SFs or tweeners out there. Josh Smith is a great example of the type of guy Mbah a Moute matches up well against I think, and that we could really use Acy for because we've never had someone to guard players like that.

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    Mbah a moute is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league though...

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Oh man, I'm glad no one posted this as a comparison yet:

Luc Mbah a Moute.

Reasoning. Bit of a tweener, but really only because he's an undersized PF. Hardly a polished game, but doesn't try to do things he can't, so he's pretty efficient for a limited player. Rebounds the ball well. Uses his athleticism to his advantage. Great motor. Not a good FT shooter, but tolerable for a rotation big suited to being a backup...
    Still not sure where Acy's going to get playing time, but for some reason I see his game resembling Mbah a Moute's.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?
    NEON KEON! Man, I loved watching that guy play. Didn't he set a Raptor record with 8 blocks in 1 game (I think)?

His legs were so skinny, it looked like they would snap with each step, but the guy made rebounding/shot blocking look so effortless. Had a nice elbow jumper too.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?

Leave a comment:

• Sam17
    replied
    skywalker wrote: View Post
    I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!
    I agree. Now we're seeing things like guys pulling down stuffed animals off the rim with their teeth, that's messed up lol. I say we get rid of props, and throw Ross, JR Smith, Iguodala, and Gerald Green in the dunk contest.

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a throw back.

I remember his dunk competition performance.
    I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I like Acy compared to a mix of JYD/Evans/Pops. A fringe player with lots of heart & hustle, who rebounds despite his size and leaves it all on the court. A tweener who's too unathletic to be a pure SF and too small to be a pure PF. A player who gives you more than you expect him to, but less than you'd like him to.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I haven't seen him really use his jump shot too much, but if he can be consistent with it I woulc put Acy's ceiling comparison as Horace Grant, basement as JYD and most likely somewhere in the middle like Amir Johnson...wait a second..

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'd be ecstatic of Acy turns into Faried,

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    A hybrid of Taj Gibson and Pops M-B

Leave a comment:

• The Coach
    replied
    Totally agree with you WJF, that the Evans comparisons are shallow.

I like the Pops comparison as well, but one thing that seems to stick out about Acy is his character and I didn't get that from Pops. I don't know much about the character of Carl Landry but he seems like a good comparison but lacks Acy's explosiveness.

I love finding comparisons for these guys at this point in the year, but find it hard to find matches... I guess, as they say, that every person is unique.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    I've been seeing a lot of Carl Landry in Q.A. and I cant help but to agree.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a throw back.

I remember his dunk competition performance.

Great find Matt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X