the sf position casspi omri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sf position casspi omri

as per reports on hoopshype.com the cavaliers are buyin him out ....
    should BC make run at him ?

me i think he would be perfect with casey!

ab7 wrote: View Post
    as per reports on hoopshype.com the cavaliers are buyin him out ....
    should BC make run at him ?

me i think he would be perfect with casey!
    Cavs are not buying him out.

Mary Schmitt Boyer/Tom Reed: Source tells The Plain Dealer there is no deal yet with Alonzo Gee and the team is not considering buying out Omri Casspi. Twitter
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      Cavs are not buying him out.

Mary Schmitt Boyer/Tom Reed: Source tells The Plain Dealer there is no deal yet with Alonzo Gee and the team is not considering buying out Omri Casspi. Twitter
      well if the do yes or no?

Comment

If it was true, sure, I wouldn't mind a sniff at him. The questions for me though are:

Is he better than Fields or Kleiza?

In a third string role, is he better than Andersen?

Would he actually consider Toronto given they can only offer a minimum deal at this point and another NBA team, or more likely Europe, could offer him much more?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          If it was true, sure, I wouldn't mind a sniff at him. The questions for me though are:

Is he better than Fields or Kleiza?

In a third string role, is he better than Andersen?

Would he actually consider Toronto given they can only offer a minimum deal at this point and another NBA team, or more likely Europe, could offer him much more?
          This
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think we already have enough mediocre small forwards. He wouldn't get any PT over Kleiza and Fields anyway
            Last edited by Sam17; Sun Aug 19, 2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
              well if the do yes or no?
              I watched a lot of Cavaliers games last year and frankly, Omri Casspi looked like a backup-quality player. While it's true he played through injuries, it's far from certain a healthy Casspi would be an upgrade or side-grade over Kleiza or Fields.

Comment

As someone else mentioned, I don't think Casspi is actually available. He's not much of an upgrade though, and he'd be too expensive at this point. I'd pass.

Comment

I would be interested in Casspi, if either Amir/Davis were traded. That way, the main 2nd unit would be Amir/Davis, Kleiza, Casspi, Ross and Calderon (Gray would play when there's a big backup C to matchup against and/or with the starters when Valanciunas gets in foul trouble).

I think Casspi has a lot more talent and potential than Anderson, especially given his age. He was a pretty decent scorer with his outside shooting, when he first came over with Sacramento. I think he'd feel quite comfortable in Toronto as a backup and playing in a city with such international flavor and a large Israeli population.

Anderson would become pretty much expendable if Casspi was acquired, unless he was part of the deal with Amir/Davis heading out. If Amir, Davis and Kleiza are all still on the roster, then there's little reason to add Casspi.

Comment

The raptors should get the white mamba SCALABRINE!

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
                      The raptors should get the white mamba SCALABRINE!
                      God no

We already have an Italian the fanbase is obsessed with
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Also the Cavs aren't buying out Casspi

https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/st...16496836149248
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Casspi stinks.

That is all.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            I think we already have enough mediocre small forwards. He wouldn't get any PT over Kleiza and Fields anyway
                            +1

Comment

Will everyone please calm down and give the currently constituted team a chance to show what they have. It's not that Casspi is the secoond coming of "????????". The Cavs are letting him go...if so....ffs. Can Oct come fast enuff? This has been a loooong summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X