Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Forget about Amir just yet.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I think Amir should be working on coordination this offseason.. Dude is clumsy
    (not taking anything away from his great heart and hustle)

    Comment


    • #32
      Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      I think Amir should be working on coordination this offseason.. Dude is clumsy
      (not taking anything away from his great heart and hustle)
      I agree. The guy hustles, but next thing you know, his ass is on the floor.

      Comment


      • #33
        If Amir can hit the 15-18 foot jumper consistently, then I am happy with his progress offensively. He'll never be a back to basket beast or a dynamite scorer, but if he can run the pick and roll and pick and pop on the 2nd unit (with Jose hopefully for the next 3 years) then he'll be a very valuable player to the team. Cutting down on fouls and keep battling on defence is obviously going to be key for him to stay on the court, but in terms of long term progress, keep working on that jumper.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • #34
          Axel wrote: View Post
          If Amir can hit the 15-18 foot jumper consistently, then I am happy with his progress offensively. He'll never be a back to basket beast or a dynamite scorer, but if he can run the pick and roll and pick and pop on the 2nd unit (with Jose hopefully for the next 3 years) then he'll be a very valuable player to the team. Cutting down on fouls and keep battling on defence is obviously going to be key for him to stay on the court, but in terms of long term progress, keep working on that jumper.
          Amir also has a drive. Which he doesn't use often enough.

          Comment


          • #35
            Axel wrote: View Post
            If Amir can hit the 15-18 foot jumper consistently, then I am happy with his progress offensively. He'll never be a back to basket beast or a dynamite scorer, but if he can run the pick and roll and pick and pop on the 2nd unit (with Jose hopefully for the next 3 years) then he'll be a very valuable player to the team. Cutting down on fouls and keep battling on defence is obviously going to be key for him to stay on the court, but in terms of long term progress, keep working on that jumper.
            I agree a consistent jumper with some range is a good thing. Amir has a nice little baby hook he has shown in the past. The pick and roll is also nice with Calderon finishing above the rim, of course.

            What I like about Amir, and players like him, is the ability to put up points without plays ran for or through him (minus a pick and roll). Big men coming off the bench cleaning up the garbage and putting points on the board off the glass or from the foul line is a beautiful thing.

            Comment


            • #36
              Matt52 wrote: View Post
              ...Big men coming off the bench cleaning up the garbage and putting points on the board off the glass or from the foul line is a beautiful thing.
              That's how I make my living in the Puffer League I play in. :-)



              Yeah, that's where my name comes from. I'm not a stoner like you all thought.

              Comment


              • #37
                I don't think Demar, Amir OR Ed own a real camera.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  So if strength is what you are after, skip the curls and remember:





                  Looks like he didn't skip leg day!
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post



                    Looks like he didn't skip leg day!
                    Sweeet!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Amir has range on his jump shot, but he knows that if he starts to rely on it, Casey will nail his ass to the bench. Amir is out there to defend and run pick-and-roll plays - when Casey believes his offense has expanded enough, he might get to take more shots. Amir is 25 and this will be his 8th season - he is starting to play like a veteran backup and the Raps need a big to fill that role.
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

                      Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X