Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brothersteve
    replied
    Amir has range on his jump shot, but he knows that if he starts to rely on it, Casey will nail his ass to the bench. Amir is out there to defend and run pick-and-roll plays - when Casey believes his offense has expanded enough, he might get to take more shots. Amir is 25 and this will be his 8th season - he is starting to play like a veteran backup and the Raps need a big to fill that role.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post

Looks like he didn't skip leg day!
    Sweeet!

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So if strength is what you are after, skip the curls and remember:

Looks like he didn't skip leg day!

Leave a comment:

• swingman
    replied
    I don't think Demar, Amir OR Ed own a real camera.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    ...Big men coming off the bench cleaning up the garbage and putting points on the board off the glass or from the foul line is a beautiful thing.
    That's how I make my living in the Puffer League I play in. :-)

Yeah, that's where my name comes from. I'm not a stoner like you all thought.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    If Amir can hit the 15-18 foot jumper consistently, then I am happy with his progress offensively. He'll never be a back to basket beast or a dynamite scorer, but if he can run the pick and roll and pick and pop on the 2nd unit (with Jose hopefully for the next 3 years) then he'll be a very valuable player to the team. Cutting down on fouls and keep battling on defence is obviously going to be key for him to stay on the court, but in terms of long term progress, keep working on that jumper.
    I agree a consistent jumper with some range is a good thing. Amir has a nice little baby hook he has shown in the past. The pick and roll is also nice with Calderon finishing above the rim, of course.

What I like about Amir, and players like him, is the ability to put up points without plays ran for or through him (minus a pick and roll). Big men coming off the bench cleaning up the garbage and putting points on the board off the glass or from the foul line is a beautiful thing.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    If Amir can hit the 15-18 foot jumper consistently, then I am happy with his progress offensively. He'll never be a back to basket beast or a dynamite scorer, but if he can run the pick and roll and pick and pop on the 2nd unit (with Jose hopefully for the next 3 years) then he'll be a very valuable player to the team. Cutting down on fouls and keep battling on defence is obviously going to be key for him to stay on the court, but in terms of long term progress, keep working on that jumper.
    Amir also has a drive. Which he doesn't use often enough.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I think Amir should be working on coordination this offseason.. Dude is clumsy
    (not taking anything away from his great heart and hustle)
    I agree. The guy hustles, but next thing you know, his ass is on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    I think Amir should be working on coordination this offseason.. Dude is clumsy
    (not taking anything away from his great heart and hustle)

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Every team needs a reliable backup big man. Amir is that player. He doesn't even need to improve his game much to provide value to the Raptors in this role. With Bargnani and Jonas logging the bulk of the front court minutes for the foreseeable future, Amir fits the roster quite well. Nobody should be expecting Amir to turn into a double-double guy, or a go-to post presence. His job is to keep the boat afloat while our main guys get a breather (or get into foul trouble)....a job he's more than capable of doing.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    everyone loves Amir, but I think his time is basically up
    Not sure what you mean by this ... Like his time in the NBA? with the Raptors? Past his prime?

All of which I would disagree with, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• BallaBalla
    replied
    I am loving Amir. I hope he put the same intensity in to his game as he has his body.

I think he got a bum rap last season due to the off season surgery and rehab that limited him from any bball related drills. I think he had a lot of rust coming back. I'm not saying Amir is anything other than a spot starter and third big man but any great team needs a great spot starter and third big man.

He does look big.... but I hope he did more than arm curls! FYI there is a study done somewhere (you can google it if you don't take my word for it) that had 2 test groups. one group did Olympic-style lifts and no arm workouts in their training and the other group did arm workouts as part of their training. The findings are surprising: no arm workout people had stronger arms. So if strength is what you are after, skip the curls and remember:

This is one of my favourite pics of all time...gets me every time

everyone loves Amir, but I think his time is basically up

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I think Amir bulked up a bit too much last year and that hurt his quickness for rebounding and finishing. He looks stronger, but not as bulky as last year, in the picture. Also, it seems like certain guys like Demar, Amir & Ed, who did well under Jay Triano seemed to take a step back under Casey, while unlikely guys like Jose and Bargs did better. Not sure why that is, but I think there might be something theory there. Amir is a very valuable player, if he can get back to his previous form and avoid the fouling. A high energy, low usage big who can finish well and give you extra possessions with his outstanding offensive rebounding.
    That could definitely be it or part of it but the ankle surgery and rehab certainly didn't help his cause either. It will be interesting to see him this year as there will be no excuse.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    That Instagram thing is gettin on my nerves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X