Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the Raptors so secretive this summer? Alternate title: Back in Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the Raptors so secretive this summer? Alternate title: Back in Toronto!

Other than DeMar's Drew League and Select team stuff, we've heard absolutely nothing about DeMar and Bargnani... it's a REALLY quiet summer, barely any tweets from DeMar's twitter, so odd. Even on the other player's end who are much more active, the last thing I heard about was the workout in LA.

Makes me think that there's something big going behind the scenes.

On a side note, I believe the Raptors are back in Toronto. That DC interview along with tweets from a few players seem to confirm this.

From Doug Smith's Blog:
    Q: Hello Doug. Just wondering what's happening around Casa Colangelo (aka the ACC) as mid-September rolls around. How many troops are in town at this point? Enough for some 3 on 3 pickups? Has JV found his way to TO yet? And what are the coaches up to at this point in the pre-pre-season? Thanks for all you do, and great blog.

David M, Ottawa

A: I’m not entirely sure who is in town, to tell you the truth.

I know Quincy Acy, Ed Davis and Terrence Ross are due in today, or might even be here; I understand Jose’s back in the first of this week and I believe I heard Jonas and Kleiza are due in, too.

I’d say by the end of the week, the entire roster pretty much will be in town.

Coaches? I’m told Dwane’s here and I imagine his staff, if it’s not already in town, will be by the middle of the week.

This is pretty much the week when everyone checks in and things pick up.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

they are starting up their team practice. Can't wait for the first preseason game

Comment

I will be extremely happy when someone finally puts up something like:

"The team is together in Toronto."

Too excited for the season.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Comment

Aaaaaaaand he made it.

Comment

According to Casey's radio interview last week, he suggested the team come into Toronto and get settled early, rather than scrambling to find apartment/housing during the busyness of training camp.

Casey's advice was to get used to Toronto first, THEN get ready for basketball (instead of doing both at the same time).

Other than that, I don't think there's anything "big" going down.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              According to Casey's radio interview last week, he suggested the team come into Toronto and get settled early, rather than scrambling to find apartment/housing during the busyness of training camp.

Casey's advice was to get used to Toronto first, THEN get ready for basketball (instead of doing both at the same time).

Other than that, I don't think there's anything "big" going down.
              ED, LK and DD are already used to Toronto.

Comment

In other news, Terrence Ross is trying to find out what to do in the city and is asking so many questions about TIFF lol

It's hilarious

https://twitter.com/T_DotFlight31

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X