No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry playing like Lowry is a great PG in his Houston years he nearly exploded for triple doubles every game, he can be a triple double on any given night hes got the play style to do it.

this draft is weak we needed a PG with still some room to grow with the franchise and run the team a bit grittier than what Calderon was doing. This is a very weak draft he was worth the pick having a young guy run the point from the get go isnt a good thing....unless of course its the likes of CP3, Kyrie Irving, Magic.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      We should've hire Jaque Vahn
      Dude, let's go ask Colangelo about it. I hope he's as battle tested as Shaq doesn't say he is.... LOL
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Yeah Lowry was GREAT the first 3-5 games of the season. Bargnani looked GREAT as well the first 13 games of the season last year. Get it?

It's funny that people are now blaming Casey and his system for Lowry's struggle. Raps fans always finds an excuse when it comes to Lowry and DeRozan.....AND Bargnani earlier in his career. Now you all want him gone. Shaking my head right now.

I'm not the biggest fan of Casey but blaming him and his system here is a joke. It's an EXCUSE. I mean, is it Casey' fault that Lowry gambles all the time on defense?? do you also blame Casey for Lowry's shot selection? how about Lowry's random 3's? how about his silly passes in crucial situations?? do you also blame Casey for Lowry's conditioning? because Lowry is CLEARLY out of shape.

And RaptorReuben, Rockets are my 2nd favourite team so i know what Lowry looked like in Houston. Lowry once asked the Rockets organization to choose between him and McHale. The guy acts like he's a superstar. He needs to realize that he's Kyle Lowry not Derrick Rose. Talking like that to people with power will get you out of the league sooner than you think.
        Rockets are your second favourite team? And the Warriors are 3rd? lol

If you want to talk about flip floppers on here, that includes you. Seriously.

Now, as much as this system has seriously sucked and not worked for Lowry, sure he has had his troubles his own way, but a point guard runs a team via system, set plays, etc. It's Casey's fault NOT being able to work with his point guard to get the best out of his team. He insists on asking Lowry to be a pass-first player - or a balance of pass first - which is nowhere near his game. Lowry is an aggressive, penetrating point guard, who is used to the drive and kick, etc, etc. I thought you would know this being Houston is one of your top 30 favourite teams in the NBA.

Lowry might be out of shape, but that all goes back to injuries, and that is where he's got to get away from.

Lastly, why are you talking about his attitude in Houston? That wasn't my point. He certainly isn't doing any of that here anyway, and that's where I care. Heck, he's obviously willing to become what Casey wants him to be, - which shouldn't be happening at all - a pass first player. Casey's system is best built for Calderon, and players like him i.e Paul, Nash, Conley, Rondo. Not for guys like Lowry and players like him i.e Deron Williams, Irving, Westbrook, Holiday, Rose.

Lowry being used to the best of his ability IS a top 10 point guard, and obviously I'm not the only one who believe so (half the NBA last season thought he was all-star calibre player). Remember when everyone was talking about Derozan and Lowry being a top 10 back-court?

Now, obviously it's the player's job to be able to work around and with their team. Yes, Lowry has been inconsistent, injury prone, and quite frankly, hasn't lived up to any expectations this season. BUT, the reason there's still belief in the guy, is his talent level and what he's capable of.

Don't bring Bargnani into this either. He's had 7 years of inconsistency, while Lowry has improved every single season, and now in a situation where he isn't being used properly.

This was one of the hoop site's rankings of the 2012 top 10 point guards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rds-in-the-nba

Current season averages:

12.2 points, 5.9 assists, 4.8 rebounds.

Last season averages (best season of NBA career):

14.4 points, 6.6 assists, 4.5 rebounds.

I can guarantee you those numbers are SO much better if it wasn't for injury.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Now, as much as this system has seriously sucked and not worked for Lowry, sure he has had his troubles his own way, but a point guard runs a team via system, set plays, etc. It's Casey's fault NOT being able to work with his point guard to get the best out of his team. He insists on asking Lowry to be a pass-first player - or a balance of pass first - which is nowhere near his game. Lowry is an aggressive, penetrating point guard, who is used to the drive and kick, etc, etc. I thought you would know this being Houston is one of your top 30 favourite teams in the NBA.

Lowry might be out of shape, but that all goes back to injuries, and that is where he's got to get away from.

Lastly, why are you talking about his attitude in Houston? That wasn't my point. He certainly isn't doing any of that here anyway, and that's where I care. Heck, he's obviously willing to become what Casey wants him to be, - which shouldn't be happening at all - a pass first player. Casey's system is best built for Calderon, and players like him i.e Paul, Nash, Conley, Rondo. Not for guys like Lowry and players like him i.e Deron Williams, Irving, Westbrook, Holiday, Rose.

Lowry being used to the best of his ability IS a top 10 point guard, and obviously I'm not the only one who believe so (half the NBA last season thought he was all-star calibre player). Remember when everyone was talking about Derozan and Lowry being a top 10 back-court?

Now, obviously it's the player's job to be able to work around and with their team. Yes, Lowry has been inconsistent, injury prone, and quite frankly, hasn't lived up to any expectations this season. BUT, the reason there's still belief in the guy, is his talent level and what he's capable of.

Don't bring Bargnani into this either. He's had 7 years of inconsistency, while Lowry has improved every single season, and now in a situation where he isn't being used properly.

Current season averages:

And 1
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            I'm fine with Lowry taking random 3's to keep the defense honest, especially when he's shooting like 40% (preferably later in the shot clock however) . And how do you know he's out of shape? He battled through injuries and is getting limited minutes presumably because of his back tightness (he is always working his back on the bench) and/or other issues. He has been solid a midst this awful season with a terrible offensive system. I won't blame the coach, but his health and the offensive system he is being forced to run would definitely take its toll on any point guard of his style (high octane, drive and kick, needs perimeter shooters to kick to).

I just don't get all the Lowry hate. He is at the very least an above average point guard IMO. He is not the problem with this team
            RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Current season averages:

You guys gotta make up your minds. You constantly diss Casey for not having him play an aggressive attack mode style, while saying he's unable to do that because of lingering injuries. Hmmmm, do you think there's any chance the coach is simply altering the style of play he'd really like him playing, because that's what his owies allow?

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              You guys gotta make up your minds. You constantly diss Casey for not having him play an aggressive attack mode style, while saying he's unable to do that because of lingering injuries. Hmmmm, do you think there's any chance the coach is simply altering the style of play he'd really like him playing, because that's what his owies allow?
              I only mentioned his lingering injuries to argue that he likely isn't out of shape, because he's been playing at around 30 mpg. And the new style the coach wants him to play will hopefully make him a better player down the road, but it is a learning process for him.

Comment

• The whole Lowry experiment has gone terribly wrong. Being a tough, defensive player, he was expected to fit right into Casey's system. It's obviously not working and I don't think it ever will. Casey's trying to make him do something that doesn't come to him naturally and to hope that it eventually will is a waste of time. His low salary and expiring contract will be attractive in the off season and Raps. will be wise in trading him away.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                  The whole Lowry experiment has gone terribly wrong. Being a tough, defensive player, he was expected to fit right into Casey's system. It's obviously not working and I don't think it ever will. Casey's trying to make him do something that doesn't come to him naturally and to hope that it eventually will is a waste of time. His low salary and expiring contract will be attractive in the off season and Raps. will be wise in trading him away.
                  disagree. I think lowry has done a good job changing himself in a short time. games like today Where he misses his own shots he Looks pretty bad but he still had above average assist numbers, which along with defense and rebounding, is what he is being asked to do. he is trying to become a third option and Maybe even 4th if Jonas develops well when his brain tells him to shoot everytime. not comparing but if you look at Chris Paul, he is a guy who knows Where he is hitting almost everytime from the floor and left open he tosses those up. what lowry needs to learn is that it's not wrong to shoot when you get open in your spot but it is wrong to shoot when you stop the offensive flow.

I think to say it's failed after one season Where he wasn't the starter until January and in that time has drastically dropped his fga and increased his assists is a bit premature.

I do agree teams will be after him because of his contract this offseason but I hope he isn't traded. lowry is a good player.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    What? I was using injuries as an excuse for any type of poor play actually (which is a good one for he's missed almost - if not more than - a quarter of the season. You can't exactly play basketball when you're injured..

Anyways, regardless, this system is just not suited for Lowry's style of play. Casey doesn't seem to realize that, thus meaning inconsistent point guard play and no adjustments.

Comment

• Sigh. So Casey's system is now the new excuse for Lowry's play? unbelievable. Excuses after excuses lol. Excited to hear what's next!!

You guys realize that the Raptors are not a PICK & ROLL team anymore right? Since the Calderon/Gay trade the Raptors have become a ISO heavy team. A style that is PERFECTLY suited for Lowry who's a 1 on 1 player.

They abandoned the pick & roll because Jose a pick & roll master is gone. And i don't think the Raptors with Lowry is comfortable with the pick and roll(can't really blame them) hence they changed their style to accumulate Lowry's strength which is the style that they're playing now. Well, it's not working why? because Lowry is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. There's no other explanation here. It has NOTHING to do with the "system" If you watch him play this year on a regular basis it's pretty obvious that he's not a #1 PG in this league. There's a reason why he's a CAREER BACKUP before he came to Toronto.

All these excuses to Lowry and DeRozan reminds me A LOT of all the excuses that Raptors fans were making earlier in Bargnani's career. I don't want to say i told you so about Bargnani but I TOLD YOU SO.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I can't pinpoint when it happened but at some point this year Lowry checked out mentally.

At the start of the year, he was driving, shooting, going for steals, bodying up his man, grabbing rebounds and consistently being a pest. Now, it's like he's allergic to scoring and is going through the motions on defense.

I don't know what's going on but he is not performing anywhere near the level they need him to be at. His stats are pretty much at his career numbers but the overall performance, night-to-night, doesn't merit much enthusiasm.

We'll see. Next year is a contract year and players always show up for those. Of course, Colangelo will likley give him a 4-year extension to wipe out any motivation he has....

Comment

• I think it happened at the 1st match against Portland where he got hurt again he definitely isnt himself.

Lowry needs to get back to his normal self yes he is trying to be a regular guard but thats not why we got him....If we wanted traditional we would have traded for Dragic or kept Calderon...Im hoping that a fresh start come October with his friends Gay and DeRozan will light him up some as well as it being a contract year. The elder Raps have checked out cause there is nothing to play for they hyped playoffs playoffs playoffs big this season and they are falling short its pretty embarrassing but it is their fault you have to play every game 100% anything can happen not every game is a gimme. The mentality is weak.

Comment

Working...
                          X