National Post Q&A with Alex Rucker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Post Q&A with Alex Rucker

It's a two part Q&A one is on the use of analytics in the NBA and the other on individual players

Part 1
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...istics-part-1/
    Part 2
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...lex-rucker-on/
    Rucker gives a very good analysis on the individual players and how each on compliments the other and should help us be competitive. Also using Casey's defensive philosophy Rucker put emphasis on defensive analytics in all the players that we brought in this offseason. It really looks like were building a team that going to be really good in the coming years.

Was just about to post this. Well done. Rucker must be making the rounds. It's a good read. As more and more of these 2012/13 Raptor previews come out, maybe they could be in one thread (if we don't already have one). That said, nice to see that basketball talk is starting to brew again.

Comment

Here's a puff piece summation of what's in the two interviews:
      http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...r-an-nba-edge/

I am really pumped. Landry, JV, Fields and Ross were all selected based, to a large degree, on what their past stats indicated about them. And in particular their defensive stats. And they were selected with Andrea and DeMar in mind. These guys were picked because BC and Casey have a very good picture of what they want in a team. They think they have it now and it's a question of letting them gel for a couple of years.

Come on season. Let's get it on.

Comment

For the last three-plus years, Rucker and Keith Boyarsky, who run KBAR Consulting, a firm with a client list of one, have been supplying advanced statistical analysis for the Raptors.
        I have a hunch that KBAR stands for Keith Boyarsky Alex Rucker...
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          I have a hunch that KBAR stands for Keith Boyarsky Alex Rucker...
          I have it from a reliable source that Alex Rucker is actually Multipaul and that KBAR stands for King Bargnani.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            I have it from a reliable source that Alex Rucker is actually Multipaul and that KBAR stands for King Bargnani.
            Are you Chris Broussard?

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Rucker is doing a lot of the speaking for the Raps of late. I like it.

Comment

I like this stuff too. Thanks for posting it.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Big up to Western!

Comment

Working...
                  X