Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Landry Fields be as good as Mo-Pete?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can Landry Fields be as good as Mo-Pete?

    There is much debate on Landry and what he may or may not bring to the team and it got me thinking of similar players. Can he ever be as good as Mo Pete was in the 04/05-05/06 seasons?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

  • #2
    I think so for sure. I doubt he would, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was better than mo-Pete.

    Comment


    • #3
      Better at circus shots? Not bloody likely!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes. Maybe not as strong from 3pt out of the gate, but a better defender, rebounder and passer.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope so.

          I don't think Fields plays 38 minutes per game this season and this roster definitely has more talent than the roster of 7 years ago.

          I believe Fields will excel at everything except 3pt shooting percentage and points per game in 05-06 relative to Peterson.

          Comment


          • #6
            If anything, better.
            @sweatpantsjer

            Comment


            • #7
              I liked Mo Pete. He was unfairly expected to be the robin to VCs batman, but he played with heart, repped TO to the fullest and was never an asshole about it. I'd love it if DD could be as good.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                i think mo pete was made better by the great players he played with. i think that fields will make our average players look better. i don't see them as the same type of player other than the 3 ball.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Fields will be a really nice complementary player for the team. Will he be the next Mo-Pete? Nope.

                  The reason I say that, is he is a more all-around player than Mo-Pete was. This team is more talented and deeper at every position, so Fields won't be as largely depended on.

                  I say more of a Battier type player in terms of complimenting a team.

                  Note to those who reply, did not watch a large, large amount of games with Mo-Pete, barely a handful, but only going by from what I've watched.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Landry has many of the same skill sets as Battier but Battier has an other worldly discipline and studies the game constantly. I don't know if Landry does that but he seems like a bright bulb and I'd be surprised if he didn't develop in a similar vein. Only thing that gives me pause is that LF seems far more chill and goofy whereas Battier has that serious, mature attitude.

                    MoPete was a good defender, an very good spot up shooter and early on could also attack the basket. He was a wonderful role player who, IMO, was never fully appreciated because people expected him to be more than that. Dude was a baller and finds a spot on my squad any day of the week. He had his shortcomings as a player but MP was a tough blue collar baller.

                    Still wish he'd of punched Vince that game he got thrown out for slapping VC back. Sure they might be friends but there's no place in the midst of a game for that kind of crap. A great example is when Chris Paul felt dissed ("sonned" in his words) by Pau. Can't let that ish slide.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      minks77 wrote: View Post
                      Landry has many of the same skill sets as Battier but Battier has an other worldly discipline and studies the game constantly. I don't know if Landry does that but he seems like a bright bulb and I'd be surprised if he didn't develop in a similar vein. Only thing that gives me pause is that LF seems far more chill and goofy whereas Battier has that serious, mature attitude.
                      Fields brings none of that goofiness on the court. For him, it ends at the locker room.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The first time I saw Fields play was in the Vegas games and the thing that jumped out at me was how mature his game was for a rookie. He had a really high basketball IQ for a rookie and that made him stand out, but what was clear was that he didn't have any of the athletecism players like DeMar have. Fast forward two seasons and those rookies he was playing against like DD, with experience are now closer to, matched or at a higher basketball IQ level, but their athletecism now gives them a bit of an edge on LF. I still think Fields is a really smart player, and he has good size, and by no means is he a pylon, but I don't see him being as good a Mo-Pete whom had a good combination of both IQ as well as athletecism.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          The first time I saw Fields play was in the Vegas games and the thing that jumped out at me was how mature his game was for a rookie. He had a really high basketball IQ for a rookie and that made him stand out, but what was clear was that he didn't have any of the athletecism players like DeMar have. Fast forward two seasons and those rookies he was playing against like DD, with experience are now closer to, matched or at a higher basketball IQ level, but their athletecism now gives them a bit of an edge on LF. I still think Fields is a really smart player, and he has good size, and by no means is he a pylon, but I don't see him being as good a Mo-Pete whom had a good combination of both IQ as well as athletecism.
                          I would never say Mo-Pete was a better athlete than Fields. MP was an average NBA athlete at best.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MoPete was a good spot-up shooter, a good man defender, a GREAT weak side defender, a good locker room presence, was very coachable, and knew exactly what his role was within the system (i.e. never forced anything).

                            I can only hope that Fields provides the same attributes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              MoPete was a good spot-up shooter, a good man defender, a GREAT weak side defender, a good locker room presence, was very coachable, and knew exactly what his role was within the system (i.e. never forced anything).

                              I can only hope that Fields provides the same attributes.
                              Fields will be an upgrade from Money Weems thats for sure, and is way more coachable and a better locker room guy than JJ, so SF will be an improved position this season if you look at it that way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X