Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Casey's upbringing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey's upbringing

Not hard to see why the man is as focused and driven as he is.

This is a long article and the quote is just the introduction. Very much worth the click.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...y-to-reach-nba

What a great piece of writing!

Some people overcome so much. You can only admire their strength of character.

Dwane Casey has paid his dues to say the least!
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Thanks for the link. I've got a ton of respect for Casey as a coach, and he always comes across in interviews as very frank, honest, and direct. This article about his background just makes me respect him all the more.

(And he definitely got screwed in Minny the first time he was a head coach--scraping together a .500 record with that roster was a minor miracle.)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I'll second that. He isn't going to have time for someone who doesn't put the work in or take his job seriously. Might explain the James Johnson thing. Don't know how hard JJ worked, but he continued to make bone-headed plays and take shots he shouldn't, even after getting his "role" card.

Comment

My respect for Casey just went through the roof. It really helps you to understand his coaching style.

Comment

Amazing. Just a great story.

I love what he said also during the TSN radio segment. Where he said, "players don't have to like me, as long as they respect me."

I have the utmost respect for this coach, one of the better in the league.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Amazing. Just a great story.

I love what he said also during the TSN radio segment. Where he said, "players don't have to like me, as long as they respect me."

I have the utmost respect for this coach, one of the better in the league.
              I agree 100%

Comment

I hope Casey stays here for a long time. I'm talkin 10 years.

Comment

That would go a very long way towards building the franchise into contenders.

I love what this coach is about! He's tough but I think the players must love him too!

Comment

Working...
                  X