X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Sactown is the worst team in the league? with T-Rob, Cousins, Tyreke, and Thornton? They've got very decent core pieces, not much less than we have. They're just younger and play in the West. I don't think they're the worst team.
    Sure they have ok pieces but they don't play a lick of defense

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Sactown is the worst team in the league? with T-Rob, Cousins, Tyreke, and Thornton? They've got very decent core pieces, not much less than we have. They're just younger and play in the West. I don't think they're the worst team.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is his own doing though..... and he is getting paid a few million.

Still not feeling bad for him.

Still wishing him the best.
    I guess so. He'll probably try going crazy on us like he does against the bulls lol
    ...I wonder if he'll do that to every team that trades him

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Because he's stuck on like the worst team in the league. They are going no where
    That is his own doing though..... and he is getting paid a few million.

Still not feeling bad for him.

Still wishing him the best.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Why is he sad?

I wouldn't feel too bad for him.

Agreed on his best wishes.
    Because he's stuck on like the worst team in the league. They are going no where

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    .............and the winner is McGuire!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    JJ is all sad in Sac town now. I feel sorry for the dude, hopefully he has a decent career
    Why is he sad?

I wouldn't feel too bad for him.

Agreed on his best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    JJ is all sad in Sac town now. I feel sorry for the dude, hopefully he has a decent career

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    He could be a true lockdown defender version of J.Johnson, who actually knows/accepts his role and doesn't try to force a non-existent offensive game. I would be quite happy with that out of a 11-15th man on the roster.
    Yeah, I've been meaning to make a thread about that very topic. McGuire is exactly what the Raptors wanted JJ to be. It seems (read: speculation on my part) that he thought he could contribute more. Clearly Casey (and eventually the front office) thought different. The lack of talent on previous rosters probably made JJ feel he was better than he actually was relative to the league.

Anyways, that is just my opinion. To all the JJ fans know I picked him in a fantasy league!

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    NIce link.

I've been very surprised by McGuire in limited minutes on the offensive end. He can leap and finish with authority. He has had a couple of nice passes. If you remember and accept what he is, he is a very valuable player in my opinion.
    He could be a true lockdown defender version of J.Johnson, who actually knows/accepts his role and doesn't try to force a non-existent offensive game. I would be quite happy with that out of a 11-15th man on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Shantz wrote: View Post
    The SI Point Forward blog has had several positive tidbits about the Raptors recently. They just wrote an article listing the top minimum salary players in the league and our own (potentially) Dominic McGuire:

Link: http://nba.si.com/2012/10/23/nba-min...r_a5&eref=sihp
    NIce link.

I've been very surprised by McGuire in limited minutes on the offensive end. He can leap and finish with authority. He has had a couple of nice passes. If you remember and accept what he is, he is a very valuable player in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    The SI Point Forward blog has had several positive tidbits about the Raptors recently. They just wrote an article listing the top minimum salary players in the league and our own (potentially) Dominic McGuire:

Link: http://nba.si.com/2012/10/23/nba-min...r_a5&eref=sihp

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Both Wright and McNeal were waived:

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday they have waived guard Jerel McNeal and forward Chris Wright.

McNeal saw action in one preseason outing, while Wright was a DNP-CD for all six games.

The roster now stands at 16. The Raptors continue their preseason schedule Friday at Memphis (8 p.m. ET). Toronto opens the 2012-13 season at home Oct. 31 versus Indiana (7 p.m. ET).

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...mcneal-wright/
    That leaves McGuire and Magloire. Magloire will probably be next.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    15th Raptor will not be McNeal:

After the game the Raptors released former Marquette guard Jerel McNeal, who did not play against the Bucks.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/175333971.html

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Looks like it will be McGuire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X