Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pillowmint
    replied
    I'd actually say the rumor is probably pretty close to true. I'm sure it doesn't work in trade machine now, and I'm sure we're not after 4 PG's, but LA has long wanted to get it's hands on Calderon, and vice-a-versa. He would love to be a Laker. I'd be happy for Jose too, I think he'd legit bring them closer to a ring, but with his health issues it's not like LA all of a sudden has a very healthy back court. Give me Ebanks and trade Amir, and I'd be a happy camper. Either way, it'll be very interesting to see what we hear next.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    This rumour is bs. Doesn't make sense at all for the raps, doesn't work under the cap and has already been shot down. I suspect one of the many dolts in either NY or LA media markets. Even fans know how the cap works and only a 15 y/o homer with a screen name like KB24>>>>>MJ23 would throw something like this out there.

Only thing I can think of is someone is trying to drive down the asking price by leaking ludicrously crappy offers out.
    Which person of value would put any stock in to this rumour? I don't think anyone with the authority to have an impact on trade decisions would give this a second glance let alone use it as a basis for future value determinations on Jose.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    This rumour is bs. Doesn't make sense at all for the raps, doesn't work under the cap and has already been shot down. I suspect one of the many dolts in either NY or LA media markets. Even fans know how the cap works and only a 15 y/o homer with a screen name like KB24>>>>>MJ23 would throw something like this out there.

Only thing I can think of is someone is trying to drive down the asking price by leaking ludicrously crappy offers out.

Leave a comment:

• JB5
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    This trade is awesome because the Raptors definitely need four PG's. Wait does DJO play PG too? I don't even know.

Also, it doesn't even work in the trade machine.
    I think that DJO is around 6'3.. that would be so stupid we would get 2 more pg's at a postion were good at right now from my point of view and a undersized shooting guard. terribleeee

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    This trade is awesome because the Raptors definitely need four PG's. Wait does DJO play PG too? I don't even know.

Also, it doesn't even work in the trade machine.

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The amazing things that today's GM's do for flexibility!
    More like "the amazingly stupid things that entitled Laker fans come up with!"

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    The amazing things that today's GM's do for flexibility!

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    This is just as ridiculous as the rumoured Vujacic $18M offer from earlier this summer...

Funny thing is, we got Fields instead at around the same price!

That being said, Landry Fields>Sasha Vujacic
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    What a hilarious deal

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    This belongs in the Raptors Trade Proposal Forum with all those other lopsided trade proposals.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    I don't think BC and Co. are limited in options. I think it all depends on what they are willing to take back.

a) A stud player, even a star is not out of the question if they are willing to take back a long term contract. This of course would cripple their long term flexibility. In this case of course they would have to add other valuable pieces or picks.

b) Trade for a pick or two along with a short term contract or two.

c) Let him play the year and let his contract expire.

d) Trade for a TPE only or a TPE and a short term contract. This option I think is the one they are inclined towards as it will help in future flexibility. In this case they will have not only the cap space due to his expiring contract but also the TPE. Something like the Barbosa deal last year.

Depending on what makes most sense, any one of the above cannot be ruled out.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's too far-fetched to think Jose and parts couldn't net a near star wing player. Get a team stuck in mediocrity that wants to go in a different direction and gain some cap space... ya never know.
    +1 Treadmill teams.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Some fn anonymous tweet should ground people in anything? Shyt, this twitter world may well destroy more minds than all the drugs in the world, haha. I'm no believer in Jose and spare parts for a near all-star SF, but let's not get carried away with what a tweet tells us, likely from one of the million delusional Laker fans that think they can swing whatever deal they want. Maybe close, but this deal is nothing short of wack.
    I don't think it's too far-fetched to think Jose and parts couldn't net a near star wing player. Get a team stuck in mediocrity that wants to go in a different direction and gain some cap space... ya never know.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    mountio wrote: View Post
    While Ill certainly admit that this deal sucks .. hopefully it grounds people in what Jose's market value is. I agree this is a little light .. but its not gonna that far off what we will be able to get for him .. not in the Deng/Gay/Granger category with a throw in of Amir or Ed ...
    Some fn anonymous tweet should ground people in anything? Shyt, this twitter world may well destroy more minds than all the drugs in the world, haha. I'm no believer in Jose and spare parts for a near all-star SF, but let's not get carried away with what a tweet tells us, likely from one of the million delusional Laker fans that think they can swing whatever deal they want. Maybe close, but this deal is nothing short of wack.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I really don't think he'll be dealt at all until the trade deadline, but then again if JLIII keeps up his stellar backup play then things may be accelerated. But I think it would be wise to hold off until the deadline so his value is increased, for however much that may be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X