RaptorsHQ Media Roundtable: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsHQ Media Roundtable: Part 1

Our panel consisted of Toronto Sun ball-ace and old school hip-hop fiend Ryan Wolstat, Sportsnet Mag Assistant Editor and general superstar Dave Zarum, TSN.ca basketball savant Tim Chisholm, and subbing in for Tom Liston of Raptors Republic (who according to some reports was too busy taking over Bay Street to participate), Joseph Casciaro, who's been killing it for the Score.com and Raptorblog.
    http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/10/15/...yoffs-bargnani
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Reasonable round-up and nice to see some tempered expectations for Bargs and some love for Fields

Comment

Second part is up as well...

What's funny to me in the second instalment is that everyone agrees it would take a meltdown for Colangelo not be extended yet, at the same time, they all agree that the team has no elite talent and its best case scenario ceiling going forward is a second round playoff team. Telling.

Comment

How is it telling?

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
          How is it telling?
          Always interesting to see what the expectations are for this ownership group and its management teams...

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Always interesting to see what the expectations are for this ownership group and its management teams...
            In a vacuum I'd agree with your negative outlook. However, if you look at the Raptors team in the immediate aftermath of the Bosh trade, then compared it to the current roster, I think you'd have to be pretty biased against BC/MLSE to argue that solid progress hasn't been made in the past two years. From a standpoint of individual and overall talent level, age/potential, salary cap space/flexibility, character, etc... this team (coaching staff included) has been rebuilt quite effectively. Obviously it's not a finished project, but nobody (not BC, not MLSE, not coaches, not players, not media and not fans) is claiming it is.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              In a vacuum I'd agree with your negative outlook. However, if you look at the Raptors team in the immediate aftermath of the Bosh trade, then compared it to the current roster, I think you'd have to be pretty biased against BC/MLSE to argue that solid progress hasn't been made in the past two years. From a standpoint of individual and overall talent level, age/potential, salary cap space/flexibility, character, etc... this team (coaching staff included) has been rebuilt quite effectively. Obviously it's not a finished project, but nobody (not BC, not MLSE, not coaches, not players, not media and not fans) is claiming it is.
              I suppose the question is, based on how the team is currently constructed, will the "finished product" be available in the foreseeable future (assuming that finished product = championship contender)? That is, do we have enough talent to build such a team around?

Comment

Working...
              X