6 bargnani
    7 calderon
    8 kleiza
    9 fields

/trollin

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Dwane Casey will have his hand at the first unit, and the second unit. But really, depending on the opposing team, the 9-man rotation will differ.

If I HAD to choose 9-men to play thought it would go:

Starting Unit:

PG: Kyle Lowry
    SG: Demar Derozan
    SF: Landry Fields
    PF: Andrea Bargnani
    C: Jonas Valanciunas

1: Jose Calderon
    2: Linas Kleiza
    3: Amir Johnson
    4: John Lucas

The reason I chose John Lucas over Anderson/Davis, was because of what I've seen him in Chicago, and the last 3 pre-season games. Not to mention, him and Calderon can play the two, so wing depth is not a problem.

But really, think about it. It's extremely hard not to go deep when Alan Anderson, Ed Davis, Aaron Gray are all still available. Alan is VERY capable of starting for the team, and Ed, Lucas, and Gray are solid back-ups.

The one thing though for me, is, it's extremely hard to pick out 9 guys compared to last season, where it was consensus:

(From the end of the year)

PG: Jose Calderon
    SG: Demar Derozan
    SF: James Johnson
    C: Amir Johnson

1: Jerryd Bayless
    2: Linas Kleiza
    3: Ed Davis
    4. Aaron Gray

It took me 30 seconds to put out together last year's 9, compared to 5 minutes of trying to put the 9 for this season.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    Eddy deserves some minutes.. he's showing legit signs of improvement thus far. I'm liking the depth of this team

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Kleiza or maguire should be in the rotation over JL3. Not enough room for 3 pg's

Leave a comment:

• DG88
    replied
    Starters:
    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Fields
    Bargnani
    Valanciunas

Next
    Calderon
    Ross
    Davis
    Amir

This should be the most consistent rotation baring injuries or match ups.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think the rotation is deeper than 9.

Match ups and the hot hand will play a big factor in who plays on any given night.

Guys who aren't going balls out aren't going to play.

While the Raps don't have or don't have much upper tier talent. Yet they don't exactly have bottom of the barrel either. Guys like Kleiza, Wright, and Gray are going to get opportunities this year. Casey has a lot of average NBA talent to work with.
    He said 10 would be pushing it. I think Gray will only see minutes against the big Centers(D12, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Cousin and Marc Gasol). I could easily put LK a head of TR but, TR seems like his are best shooter outside of are pgs.

Leave a comment:

• phdmac
    replied
    who is wright? I know you don't mean Chris Wright
    Last edited by phdmac; Tue Oct 16, 2012, 08:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I think the rotation is deeper than 9.

Match ups and the hot hand will play a big factor in who plays on any given night.

Guys who aren't going balls out aren't going to play.

While the Raps don't have or don't have much upper tier talent. Yet they don't exactly have bottom of the barrel either. Guys like Kleiza, Wright, and Gray are going to get opportunities this year. Casey has a lot of average NBA talent to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Kleiza and Gray have to be added in there. I'm not sure we're gonna see a ton of T Ross to begin the season. I also see Anderson getting minutes, so I'm not sure 9 works. I think he'd like to get it to 9 by playoff time!

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    started a topic Rotation

Rotation

Dwayne Casey said his going to go with a 9 man rotation. Lets say the starters are

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG: DeMar DeRozan

SF: Landry Fields

C: Jonas Valanciunas

Who do you think has those others 4 spots?

My guess

6: Jose Calderon
    7: Ed Davis/Amir Johnson(I think this could change night to night. Depending on what they need)
    8:John Lucas
    9:Terrence Ross
Working...
X