Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Nash: 'I was very close' to joining Raptors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steve Nash: 'I was very close' to joining Raptors

    I know this is very "whatever" news right now since everyone is happy with getting Lowry over Nash, but I thought this was something a little bit interesting and decided to share.

    http://www.portagedailygraphic.com/2...oining-raptors

  • #2
    Had we signed Nash. We still would've been able to pull off the Lowry trade I believe. Correct me If I'm mistaken.

    Comment


    • #3
      So basically we are the nice average looking girl whom he sprung for the hotter girl and then tells us "oh you know I was close to being with you but damn that hot b1tch offered to go home with me so I ditched you!!"

      I hope you have fun Nash when Kobe chews you out to the media like he does all his team-mates, the Raptors are better off with Lowry.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hotshot wrote: View Post
        So basically we are the nice average looking girl whom he sprung for the hotter girl and then tells us "oh you know I was close to being with you but damn that hot b1tch offered to go home with me so I ditched you!!"

        I hope you have fun Nash when Kobe chews you out to the media like he does all his team-mates, the Raptors are better off with Lowry.
        +1. Although, I really hope Nash wins a ring, and I have nothing but respect for the best Canadian player to ever play the game.

        Comment


        • #5
          RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          +1. Although, I really hope Nash wins a ring, and I have nothing but respect for the best Canadian player to ever play the game.
          Oh I agree with you, I hope Steve Nash does win a ring (even though When L.A got Howard they became my most hated team even more hated then Miami). But don't feed me B.S that you almost went there, because we all know that at the begining it was a financial decision (Raptors offered the most money) but when L.A made an offer it became a championship decision.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Oh I agree with you, I hope Steve Nash does win a ring (even though When L.A got Howard they became my most hated team even more hated then Miami). But don't feed me B.S that you almost went there, because we all know that at the begining it was a financial decision (Raptors offered the most money) but when L.A made an offer it became a championship decision.
            Yeah. That actually says there wasn't a team that was really in his eyes that said "championship"...



            Until the Lakers came up and offered for him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hotshot wrote: View Post
              So basically we are the nice average looking girl whom he sprung for the hotter girl and then tells us "oh you know I was close to being with you but damn that hot b1tch offered to go home with me so I ditched you!!"

              I hope you have fun Nash when Kobe chews you out to the media like he does all his team-mates, the Raptors are better off with Lowry.
              somebody call the waaaaaaah-mbulance!

              Comment


              • #8
                nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                somebody call the waaaaaaah-mbulance!
                I rather call your mother.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not necessary Hotshot. Ease up bud.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good article. Confirmed what most people thought. It was pretty hard for him to turn an offer from LA down. Lots of money, close to his kids and a very high likelihood of a ring. I don't blame him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nash is no idiot. This is all PR.

                      I have no problem with him taking his best shot at a title, but what does bother me is the fact that the Lakers can still outspend everyone else in the league despite the CBA. Might as well admit the fact that the NBA is more like European football than the NFL, and abandon the so-called salary cap.
                      Last edited by KHD; Tue Oct 16, 2012, 11:56 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        PR release. read nothing into it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Oh I agree with you, I hope Steve Nash does win a ring (even though When L.A got Howard they became my most hated team even more hated then Miami). But don't feed me B.S that you almost went there, because we all know that at the begining it was a financial decision (Raptors offered the most money) but when L.A made an offer it became a championship decision.
                          I strongly disagree that the Lakers are the most hated. I also dont think they are more hated then MIAMI. What the lakers did this year is so much different than what MIAMI did(lots of lying and planing).
                          I dont even think that many people hate the lakers as much as they hate Howard.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Due to the way Howard handled that whole saga I hope he never wins a championship in his lifetime. If that means Nash doesn't win one either so be it. These PR stories are just here to take the edge off that some people have since they feel burned for him not coming to play for the raptors. I just found it ironic that they had Wayne Gretzky record a video to entice him to come to Toronto when a lot of those same burned fans dislike gretz for going to LA and then burning the Leafs in the WCF that one year. Maybe they should have got Daryl Sittler to record the video instead.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              KHD wrote: View Post
                              Nash is no idiot. This is all PR.

                              I have no problem with him taking his best shot at a title, but what does bother me is the fact that the Lakers can still outspend everyone else in the league despite the CBA. Might as well admit the fact that the NBA is more like European football than the NFL, and abandon the so-called salary cap.
                              Would it still bother you if the fabulously wealthy owners of the Raptors, who could buy the Lakers, Knicks, Yankees, and still have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns, decided to spend as much or more on salaries as those teams?

                              In other words, are you a principled opponent of players getting lots of money, or are you just mad that the Buss family is willing to spend for winning teams, and your favourite team's owners are not?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X