Getting around NBA League Pass Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting around NBA League Pass Blackouts

Hey all. Been living in Europe for the past three years and enjoying Raps games via NBA League Pass. Sadly, now that I am home in Canada and have a nice new TV, I can't watch the games live because of local game blackouts.

It's pretty frustrating because I am a big fan, and all I want to do is watch games at a reasonable hour.

Anyone have any experience getting around this?

Thanks!

I wonder if downloading a free VPN (virtual private network) would work, which would give you a U.S. IP address tricking NBA League Pass into thinking you're logging from outside Canada.

proxpn.com is one I've played with in the past for accessing U.S. Netflix.

Comment

Exactly. I got NBA Game Time and I use the same thing people do to get US Netflix. Works pretty well so far. I do find it's a little bit slower though.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

VPN is the best way to go

Comment

Thanks all. proxpn.com looks really promising. I'll try this for the game tonight and let ya'll know how it goes.

Comment

Problem is, there will be no broadcast of tonight's game. I know, this is very upsetting. Just found out myself! No video feed tonight, only radio ((

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
              Problem is, there will be no broadcast of tonight's game. I know, this is very upsetting. Just found out myself! No video feed tonight, only radio ((
              Crap.

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                Where did you find this out?

Comment

Actually there was rumors going on twitter. But it was only concerning a feed in the US. There will be no feed in the US for this game, no feed for the Washington fans. So i guess it will be on NBA TV Canada only. Not sure if people will be able to watch it on LeaguePass...?!

Comment

Hey guys,

Good post. I've recently given up Rogers, and I ain't going back either. I have apple tv, and was thinking about getting league pass and just airplaying all the games to my tv, but are there blackouts for all the Raptor games? I know that may be a stupid question, but I'd love to know so that I'm not spending money for nothing. Would I have to get a US VPN to offset this problem? Is there a live Raps mobile streaming app or something?

Curious minds want...no need to know!

Cheers
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

I'm in Alberta with Shaw, and I believe all the games are on TSN2 and Sportsnet

Comment

unblock-us.com
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

All home preseason games are live on nba tv canada, don't know about the away ones. Also don't know if the game in Montreal counts as a home game or not
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            All home preseason games are live on nba tv canada, don't know about the away ones. Also don't know if the game in Montreal counts as a home game or not
                            Montreal game tomorrow is TSN2.

Comment

Working...
                            X