Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey underrated ?

Ranking of all NBA coaches :

20. Dwane Casey (Toronto): Has never been trusted to coach a good team. Lacks the requisite dynamic personality.
    #20 ? OK, the guy can't be ranked top 10 considering he never had a winning season, but #20 seems very low. Thoughts ?

http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/t...ching-rankings

"Lacks the requisite dynamic personality"? wtf? Is DC so much less a "dynamic personality" than Brooks, Spolestra, Mike Brown, Woodson, Vogel etc.? Seems like a totally BS requisite to me.

As for trust, well, I think he's earned some trust as Carlisle gave him complete control of a championship teams defence. After that he was given the trust to help properly rebuild a team that has long suffered under bad coaches hired or kept on for bad reasons.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't put much merit into a random hoopshype article to decide how good, bad or valued a coach is.

Comment

I skimmed that article and it was generally terrible. The authors logic suggests that coaches with bad records clearly sucked, but coaches with good records that he didn't like also sucked. It read more like some guy's personal opinion based on what they look like on TV than any real measure of coaching skills.

Comment

big red wrote: View Post
          i skimmed that article and it was generally terrible. The authors logic suggests that coaches with bad records clearly sucked, but coaches with good records that he didn't like also sucked. It read more like some guy's personal opinion based on what they look like on tv than any real measure of coaching skills.
          q. F. T.

Comment

Read the article and couldn't help myself. I had to leave a comment there...

"Lazy, poorly written, mean-spirited...sounds like a cocaine induced ramble in some all night binge after the Espy's. I decided to Wikipedia this idiot and low and behold his few little kicks at the can never really amounted to anything so he decided he would be the great arbiter for the game. He's known for having controversial opinions which is double speak for spewing crap that will offend people. Easiest thing in the world to do. It takes zero talent. You just have to indulge the lowest common denominator and somehow live with yourself that your entire life is predicated on injecting toxins in to the world."

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post

"Lazy, poorly written, mean-spirited...sounds like a cocaine induced ramble in some all night binge after the Espy's. I decided to Wikipedia this idiot and low and behold his few little kicks at the can never really amounted to anything so he decided he would be the great arbiter for the game. He's known for having controversial opinions which is double speak for spewing crap that will offend people. Easiest thing in the world to do. It takes zero talent. You just have to indulge the lowest common denominator and somehow live with yourself that your entire life is predicated on injecting toxins in to the world."
              Ha Ha. Love it. I will b surprised if you don't get a call and get offered the writers job.

Comment

I don't care what they rank him....I think we got a great coach!! He'll be top 10 sooner rather than later. Go Raps!!

Comment

its a stupid writeup but i think the ranking is pretty fair considering his body of work.

the more the raps fly under the radar the better, imo.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

some terrible rankings in there
                    spoelstra at 8 and then says hes underrated.
                    hes not a good coach he just has the best team in the nba to work with. the plays he draws up in the final 5 minutes are terrible and the offence is completely reliant on his super stars making plays out of nothing
                    if he were our coach we would go nowhere

Comment

Hey if the Raptors do make the playoffs which most NBA pundits (sir Charles the clown) still think its a long shot then he will climb to the top 10.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        its a stupid writeup but i think the ranking is pretty fair considering his body of work.

the more the raps fly under the radar the better, imo.
                        +1

If catching a few teams off guard results in a few extra wins, that could be the difference between missing/making the playoffs.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post

All that hate on the internet; all those commenters calling writers idiots. That's more selfrefering than about any writer. That goes even for Rosen, even though he never wrote anything not meant to get a reaction.

Comment

I'd say 20 is pretty high for a guy who has coached two and a half seasons total with a .400 winning percentage.

The hope here is that in 4-5 years he's in the top 10.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I'd say 20 is pretty high for a guy who has coached two and a half seasons total with a .400 winning percentage.

The hope here is that in 4-5 years he's in the top 10.
                              The issue is less Casey's ranking as it is the uneven application of criteria by the author. Casey's skills are negated by his record with no regard for the pieces he had to work with. Meanwhile he dumps on a couple of coaches with great records and dismisses all of their success as the result of having great players work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X