X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    We seem to have a uniform discussion every six months or so... talk about a topic with no "right" answer! lol

Personally, I hated the 'Raptors' name immediately, since it made us look like pathetic trend followers who latched on to the most popular thing going (Jurassic Park of all things). At least if it was the Calgary Raptors, there would be a natural dinosaur connection (ie: UofC Dinos). However, this franchise has been stuck with the name for 15+ years now, so there's little point changing it now. For the record, I also hate the 'Huskies' name, as it is one of the most generic team names going and also has very little relavance to Toronto/Ontario. I tend to like names that are cool, yet stand the test of time, while also having a relevance to the team/city in question.

As for the colors, I understand the shift to red. On one hand, it got away from the Barney references (purple dinosaur team) and was done in the wake of the Grizzlies leaving for Memphis, leaving the Raptors as Canada's NBA team. The Raptors using red is more natural than many of the other teams that have red included in their jerseys, so I don't mind it. I actually quite like the red & black jerseys, as shown nicely in NoProps' profile image (minus those stupid silver chevrons on the red stripe under the armpit).
    Oh, you'd love that, wouldn't you?! Mr.CalgaryRapsFan?!

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    those silver thingies look cool

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    We seem to have a uniform discussion every six months or so... talk about a topic with no "right" answer! lol

Personally, I hated the 'Raptors' name immediately, since it made us look like pathetic trend followers who latched on to the most popular thing going (Jurassic Park of all things). At least if it was the Calgary Raptors, there would be a natural dinosaur connection (ie: UofC Dinos). However, this franchise has been stuck with the name for 15+ years now, so there's little point changing it now. For the record, I also hate the 'Huskies' name, as it is one of the most generic team names going and also has very little relavance to Toronto/Ontario. I tend to like names that are cool, yet stand the test of time, while also having a relevance to the team/city in question.

As for the colors, I understand the shift to red. On one hand, it got away from the Barney references (purple dinosaur team) and was done in the wake of the Grizzlies leaving for Memphis, leaving the Raptors as Canada's NBA team. The Raptors using red is more natural than many of the other teams that have red included in their jerseys, so I don't mind it. I actually quite like the red & black jerseys, as shown nicely in NoProps' profile image (minus those stupid silver chevrons on the red stripe under the armpit).

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    They need to bring back the purple dino's

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    They need to bring the blue back just like the other Toronto teams!

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Tesla wrote: View Post
    The Raptors uniforms and colors need a complete overhaul, maybe even the logo.

Too much red in the NBA... there's like 15 teams with a primary red away jersey... please.... something new....
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    The Raptors uniforms and colors need a complete overhaul, maybe even the logo.

Too much red in the NBA... there's like 15 teams with a primary red away jersey... please.... something new....

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    There are plenty of ugly unis out there....
    - Cavs
    - Bucks
    - Wizards
    - Hornets
    - Suns
    I like the Hornets one...

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    It's a matter of taste. Neither of us are right.
    100% agree. But we could say the same for most of the topics discussed on this site

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    I really ;ike our jerseys. They are clean, bold and fairly simple.

Worst is the Twolves with their little Xmas tree borders, Suns are ugly (you forgot the grey accents Nilanka, just to offset terrible to the next level), Cavs yellow and red, NOH, bucks, and last for a reason would be the Nuggets. Especially the new ones.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    It's a matter of taste. Neither of us are right.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Suns, Bucks, not that ugly. Raptors pretty ugly, especially those stripes...
    Purple and orange? When has that colour combo ever looked good? We're used to it because it's been Phoenix's colours forever, but they're still awful.

And forrest green combined with red (is that sleigh bells I hear)? My stomach is churning just thinking of it....not to mention the cute, cuddly deer on their chest :|

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Not that awful, just generic.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Suns, Bucks, not that ugly. Raptors pretty ugly, especially those stripes...

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    There are plenty of ugly unis out there....
    - Cavs
    - Bucks
    - Wizards
    - Hornets
    - Suns

Leave a comment:

Working...
X