Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will new flop rule help the Raps?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will new flop rule help the Raps?

    So with the new flop rule starting this season, who do you think should benefit most on the Raps? I am guess Double D (DD) if he continues to attack the basket as he has been doing so far this preseason. I Know many teams will benefit from this rule but how do you guys think it will help our beloved Raps? Especially if Casey wants to play that up tempo game we seen in Preseason!

  • #2
    Personally, I don't see it making a noticeable impact.

    I don't recall us getting repeatedly burned by floppers in the past (beside the odd time that every team deals with). And on the other hand, Calderon won't get away with any "soccer player dives". So it evens out in the end

    Comment


    • #3
      In all seriousness though, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the refs will be calling block/charges any differently. Instead, a review committee will hand out fines after the game has ended if replay suggests the player flopped. But I don't think it will impact the game at the moment the flop occurs (unless we see more no-calls....).

      Comment


      • #4
        Nilanka wrote: View Post
        In all seriousness though, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the refs will be calling block/charges any differently. Instead, a review committee will hand out fines after the game has ended if replay suggests the player flopped. But I don't think it will impact the game at the moment the flop occurs (unless we see more no-calls....).
        I believe this is exactly how it works. Sure the refs may call a few less charges because they can see it's a flop but I doubt it'll swing too many games in the regular season.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just wish the refs would call charges/blocks consistently, for all teams and all players... and don't wait to see whether the ball goes in the basket before deciding there's a foul!

          Comment


          • #6
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Personally, I don't see it making a noticeable impact.

            I don't recall us getting repeatedly burned by floppers in the past (beside the odd time that every team deals with). And on the other hand, Calderon won't get away with any "soccer player dives". So it evens out in the end
            wow, I guess I've been blind to Colderon's flopping. I know he did it once in awhile but seems like he might have done it more than I though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nilanka wrote: View Post
              In all seriousness though, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the refs will be calling block/charges any differently. Instead, a review committee will hand out fines after the game has ended if replay suggests the player flopped. But I don't think it will impact the game at the moment the flop occurs (unless we see more no-calls....).
              You are correct but not everyone will be able to afford these fines. Especially when it brings attention to your team in a negative way. My opinion of course!

              Comment


              • #8
                Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                You are correct but not everyone will be able to afford these fines. Especially when it brings attention to your team in a negative way. My opinion of course!
                Players will get a warning the first time, then be fined $5,000 for a second violation. The fines increase to $10,000 for a third offense, $15,000 for a fourth and $30,000 the fifth time. Six or more could lead to a suspension.
                http://www.nba.com/2012/news/10/03/n....ap/index.html

                Chump change for these guys

                Comment


                • #9
                  Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                  So with the new flop rule starting this season, who do you think should benefit most on the Raps? I am guess Double D (DD) if he continues to attack the basket as he has been doing so far this preseason. I Know many teams will benefit from this rule but how do you guys think it will help our beloved Raps? Especially if Casey wants to play that up tempo game we seen in Preseason!
                  I do agree it could help Demar. He isn't the best at changing directions, especially in transition, and tends to get his share of deserved offensive fouls. BUT, it is obvious at time that guys flop a bit on him because they know his tendencies, and so do the refs. Will it actually help? who knows since it's an after-the-fact ruling.

                  Hopefully, it just helps reduce flopping in general. I think this would benefit us since we don't have any real big-time floppers. Jose is probably the biggest flopper on the team by a lot. I'm a big fan, and always will be, of his game, but the way he lets himself crumble everytime someone touches him is just crazy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I guess you're right!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm a big fan, and always will be, of his game, but the way he lets himself crumble everytime someone touches him is just crazy.[/QUOTE]

                      LOL Maybe he just needs to grow some Balls! lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                        wow, I guess I've been blind to Colderon's flopping. I know he did it once in awhile but seems like he might have done it more than I though.
                        It's really apparent on his drives to the rim. He drops like a bag of bricks and slides into cameramen without any contact whatsoever.
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Oct 26, 2012, 10:37 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          So with the new flop rule starting this season, who do you think should benefit most on the Raps? I am guess Double D (DD) if he continues to attack the basket as he has been doing so far this preseason. I Know many teams will benefit from this rule but how do you guys think it will help our beloved Raps? Especially if Casey wants to play that up tempo game we seen in Preseason!
                          I was thinking about this the other day and I was wondering if the fines being handed out for flopping calls will cause and inverse affect on technical fouls. As in the eventual reduction on flops will cause and increase in in technical fouls. Will defenders be fouling harder to prevent someone from scoring now that they can't flop to get the turnover?

                          As far as your question about whom should benefit the most on the Raptors I would think it's Lowry because of his penetrating, bull dog style. If opposing pg's can't flop then they are forced to play him straight up and K-Lo has pretty good strength and a low base so should be able to power through opposing pg's. Basically the more aggressive the Raptors are going to the basket the more it will benefit them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            As far as your question about whom should benefit the most on the Raptors I would think it's Lowry because of his penetrating, bull dog style. If opposing pg's can't flop then they are forced to play him straight up and K-Lo has pretty good strength and a low base so should be able to power through opposing pg's. Basically the more aggressive the Raptors are going to the basket the more it will benefit them.
                            You make a very good point. And I love the name K-Lo. Can't wait for the real games to start.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X