Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you extend DeRozan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Pretty fair assessment, though I was a little surprised that Chisholm didn't mention the drafting of Ross in the piece, as further insurance/incentive for the Raptors to explore trade opportunities for DeRozan more aggressively.

    It would be interesting to know what a package of Calderon ($10.6M expiring) & DeRozan ($3.3M expiring with QO) & Davis ($2.2M expiring with 1 team option, then QO) & 4 2nd round picks (2013, 2014, 2014-SAC, 2015) & $3M cash could return... they could bring back $20.25M in salary, per NBA trading rules (outgoing * 1.25 + $125,000).
    Rudy Gay + asset!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

    Comment


    • #32
      Even if DeRozan improves, I say he's better used as an asset, because there's no way he improves his 3pt shooting, defence, passing, and rebounding all at acceptable levels. He might improve in one area or the other, but become that complete starting shooting guard? Sorry, not gonna happen.

      Comment


      • #33
        Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Even if DeRozan improves, I say he's better used as an asset, because there's no way he improves his 3pt shooting, defence, passing, and rebounding all at acceptable levels. He might improve in one area or the other, but become that complete starting shooting guard? Sorry, not gonna happen.
        To add to that, I question whether he'll have the desire/motivation to improve in any/all those areas after getting a big payday, especially when he has shown minimal improvement through his first three years to actually earn that big payday!

        Comment


        • #34
          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          To add to that, I question whether he'll have the desire/motivation to improve in any/all those areas after getting a big payday, especially when he has shown minimal improvement through his first three years to actually earn that big payday!
          Agreed. We might be currently witnessing the apex of DeRozan's motivation levels.

          Comment


          • #35
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Even if DeRozan improves, I say he's better used as an asset, because there's no way he improves his 3pt shooting, defence, passing, and rebounding all at acceptable levels. He might improve in one area or the other, but become that complete starting shooting guard? Sorry, not gonna happen.
            Ive been very sentimental when it comes to Raps players, but after reading Chisolms analysis then Nilanka's im very convinced the team is better off trading him. If Landry Fields ends up averaging 25/5/5 then keeping Derozan would make sense but unless Fields gets a shot of what Armstrong had, it aint ever gonna happen.

            Jose + DD + Eddy = JSmoove!

            Comment

            Working...
            X