Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profster
    replied
    I have seen the problem with his shot too. Its like a momentary stop in the flow. Shack had the same problem but even more pronounced and we all know how bad his percentages were. He needs to stand in front of the basket with the ball cocked in one hand and simply flick the ball over the rim for a few hours to get the smooth flow to his release. I use that with players I coach.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I thought for a second that Landry got shot
    Yeah me too. This sorta scared the crap out of me.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I should add an apostrophe

how do I edit the title of a thread?
    Last edited by thead; Sun Oct 28, 2012, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    I thought for a second that Landry got shot

Leave a comment:

• thead
    started a topic Landry Fields' shot...

Landry Fields' shot...

...has a serious hitch in its giddy-up

So a friend called me a few days ago and said "hey Tim (that's me) I got free tickets to the raptors game (against the Bucks) You like basketball right?"

I said, "No I just eat sleep breathe and shit the stuff".

He said, " You wanna come with?"

I said. "Does the Pope shit in the woods?"

ANYWHO...

being so close (damn near court side) brought up a big concern for me. Landry Fields has an ugly hitch in his shot just before the point of release. I got the chance to watch this close up and it bothered me. His wrist flicks forward in way that takes the flow from ankle to finger tip and throws a giant log in the middle of the shot. You see this a lot with young players (OBA) etc who are nervous about shooting a free throw. I wish I could dig up a video to prove this but I'm lazy. Anyway, the fact that this has yet to be corrected at the professional level disturbs me a bit. Now I only noticed this with free throws because the whole process is slowed down BUT if that same hitch is anywhere to be found in his regular stroke, I don't think you will see any increase in his FG%.

Regards,
    Tim
    Last edited by thead; Sun Oct 28, 2012, 03:32 PM.
Working...
X