Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final possession. Call was fishy.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Superchunk wrote: View Post
    As has been said, watching those replays there was no way to determine who touched it last, but clearly Jose was reaching upwards to catch the ball and Green was coming in and moving his hand in the direction the ball was going. Physics... Based on that, it's pretty hard to call it Pacers ball...
    I was thinking the same thing. However, I think it was Jack that mentioned that Green could have knocked Calderon's hand into the ball, thus making the ball follow the trajectory determined by Green, while still being touched last by Calderon... personally, I thought it was Toronto ball all the way, even before seeing any replays.

    Leave a comment:


  • Superchunk
    replied
    As has been said, watching those replays there was no way to determine who touched it last, but clearly Jose was reaching upwards to catch the ball and Green was coming in and moving his hand in the direction the ball was going. Physics... Based on that, it's pretty hard to call it Pacers ball...

    Leave a comment:


  • NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think in a situation like that, since neither Green or Calderon had possession, the jump ball would've been at centre court, with each team deciding who takes the jump (like an opening tipoff).
    oh... nevermind then. Then why the hell didn't the stupid ass refs do that? was it "be assholes to the raptors day" yesterday

    Leave a comment:


  • Nilanka
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jump ball between Gerald Green and Jose! are you mad! Unless jose found his inner vince carter, there is no way we would have won the jump ball.
    I may be wrong, but I think in a situation like that, since neither Green or Calderon had possession, the jump ball would've been at centre court, with each team deciding who takes the jump (like an opening tipoff).

    Leave a comment:


  • Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jump ball between Gerald Green and Jose! are you mad! Unless jose found his inner vince carter, there is no way we would have won the jump ball.
    Maybe not but that would not have given them time to draw up a play. Not on the spot anyway. ANd with a jump ball, a couple seconds would have been wasted for them to draw up a play. Anything could have happened.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    The raptors blew the game with bad subbing and not hitting shots. This was there game for the taking. The play that bothers me is that out of bounds call with 20 seconds to go. The refs spent over a minute after the play to say it was pacers ball. Then they go look at the replay and say they don't have enough evidence to over turn the play. THe refs didn't see the who knocked the ball out so how could they ever said it was indiana ball? This should have been a jump ball play between the centres. This call was a game changer and because the refs obviously didn't see who knocked the ball out they should not be able to say it was pacers ball before the review.
    The review didn't show 100% evidence of who knocked the ball out of bounds but physics would say that based on how gerald greens hand was moving and how the ball was knocked out of bounds that gerald green knocked the ball out of bounds. The NBA needs to get there act together on these type of plays and stop allowing biased refering effect the outcome of the game.
    See, that's what I thought too. That if it was 100% inconclusive, then a jump ball is in order. Why say Pacers. That's what bothered me. Not cool!

    Leave a comment:


  • theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Sigh... nothing can be done now... just need to look forward to the other 81...

    Leave a comment:


  • NoPropsneeded
    replied
    badbob wrote: View Post
    Bottom line the ball that was tiped out of bounds by who knows what team Raptor's or Pacers.....because not one of the ref's saw the play it should have been ruled a jump ball and then they go to the replay to take a look at it and then make a decision on who gets the ball. But if the replay cannot see then the ball goes to a jump ball the decision which was made on the court. But because the ref's made a quess at who should have the ball after the play well on the court they had to give it to the pacers because it was the first ruling they made on the court before they took a look at the replay. Bottom line it should have been a jump ball ; the ref's made a very bad error and it cost the raptor's a chance at winning the game!!!
    Jump ball between Gerald Green and Jose! are you mad! Unless jose found his inner vince carter, there is no way we would have won the jump ball.

    Leave a comment:


  • NoPropsneeded
    replied
    put it this way. If we shot 40% from the field, the pacers would have lost by 5 -10 points easy. Bad offensive possessions fucked us up. If Landry can figure out how to hit a wide open 3 pointer we would have won, he missed an easy look in the 3rd or 4th quarter. But whatever, our entire team is re structured so i'll let this one slide. Like matt said, bring on brooklyn! we'll "beat up on them" - Kyle Lowry

    Leave a comment:


  • b2kelly
    replied
    Here is what it comes down to. I watched the closing seconds of the New Orleans / Spurs game last night.. the Hornets were up by 3 with a few seconds left and the crowd was sure the Hornets had this game. I knew they would lose though, and of course they did. Parker hit a 3 and duncan finished it off. There is just something that good teams have, that bad teams don't.. a winning mentality and finding a way to put games away when it matters.

    As much as I love the Raps, they are like the Hornets, and lack that special something to actually win games.

    Leave a comment:


  • badbob
    replied
    Bottom line the ball that was tiped out of bounds by who knows what team Raptor's or Pacers.....because not one of the ref's saw the play it should have been ruled a jump ball and then they go to the replay to take a look at it and then make a decision on who gets the ball. But if the replay cannot see then the ball goes to a jump ball the decision which was made on the court. But because the ref's made a quess at who should have the ball after the play well on the court they had to give it to the pacers because it was the first ruling they made on the court before they took a look at the replay. Bottom line it should have been a jump ball ; the ref's made a very bad error and it cost the raptor's a chance at winning the game!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • p00ka
    replied
    Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    The raptors blew the game with bad subbing and not hitting shots. This was there game for the taking. The play that bothers me is that out of bounds call with 20 seconds to go. The refs spent over a minute after the play to say it was pacers ball. Then they go look at the replay and say they don't have enough evidence to over turn the play. THe refs didn't see the who knocked the ball out so how could they ever said it was indiana ball? This should have been a jump ball play between the centres. This call was a game changer and because the refs obviously didn't see who knocked the ball out they should not be able to say it was pacers ball before the review.
    The review didn't show 100% evidence of who knocked the ball out of bounds but physics would say that based on how gerald greens hand was moving and how the ball was knocked out of bounds that gerald green knocked the ball out of bounds. The NBA needs to get there act together on these type of plays and stop allowing biased refering effect the outcome of the game.
    You're absolutely correct with the physics point. I was beginning to wonder of I was being a homer as the only one that could see that. Most are saying it wasn't clear, but there was at least one camera angle (slightly behind) that showed the physics of it quite clearly, and the baseline one shows Jose's hand getting displaced by Hill(?) and being slightly lower and further from the ball. Unless Jose snaked his fingers through Hill's fingers, there doesn't seem to be any way it hits Jose's hand. But, as you say, the definitive factor is the direction the ball took, vs the movement of both players' hands. It kills me that they use the replay and still get it wrong!! I've seen a couple of replay calls like that in the CFL the past couple of weeks, that were very clearly not the call they stuck to. *shaking head*

    Leave a comment:


  • white men can't jump
    replied
    There were too many bad calls in this game. This is honestly a case of it looking like the officials are "letting them play" but they let it get out of hand. There were so many fouls on both ends. Love him or hate him, at least 2 or 3 of Demar's drives really deserved a call. I mean, they missed that obvious out-of-bounds when Indy clearly tipped it. So nasty. I mean, JV also didn't attempt a FT, and the guy was battling under the glass all night on both ends. You'd think he'd make even one trip or something on a loose ball foul. Really, this was just a nasty game that's best forgotten.

    Leave a comment:


  • Drake_Marcus
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    DeRozan looked like he expected that all he had to do was stroll into the lane and he'd get a call. I saw maybe one play where it should have been a call, but the rest of his "drives" were so soft that he didn't deserve a call. He needs to do what truly great, athletic wing players do... take it hard, take it high and attempt to posterize the defenders! Don't go soft and throw up a circus shot while attempting to avoid/minimize contact... that just gives the refs a reason to make it a 50/50 call. If he goes up and tries to posterize them, he won't give the refs a choice but to blow the whistle!
    This.

    It probably doesn't help that DeMar was so blatant about his frustration that he wasn't getting those calls. The more he goes fishing for calls the worse it will be.

    I wish players took that frustration at not getting the calls and channeled it into driving the lane harder and harder.

    Leave a comment:


  • Frankthetank
    replied
    The raptors blew the game with bad subbing and not hitting shots. This was there game for the taking. The play that bothers me is that out of bounds call with 20 seconds to go. The refs spent over a minute after the play to say it was pacers ball. Then they go look at the replay and say they don't have enough evidence to over turn the play. THe refs didn't see the who knocked the ball out so how could they ever said it was indiana ball? This should have been a jump ball play between the centres. This call was a game changer and because the refs obviously didn't see who knocked the ball out they should not be able to say it was pacers ball before the review.
    The review didn't show 100% evidence of who knocked the ball out of bounds but physics would say that based on how gerald greens hand was moving and how the ball was knocked out of bounds that gerald green knocked the ball out of bounds. The NBA needs to get there act together on these type of plays and stop allowing biased refering effect the outcome of the game.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X