Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bummed about Ross.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bummed about Ross.

    Is anyone else bummed that Ross only played 6 minutes Wednesday? What do you all think we should realistically expect from him this season?

  • #2
    Well I was expecting DeMar to get traded, giving Ross the starting spot eventually.

    I mean, he was drafted higher and in a better draft class, wasn't he? Why wouldn't we be starting him from the get-go just like DeRozan? I personally see more talent in Ross.

    Comment


    • #3
      looked scared. it was a big day for him. i think he will be the 6th man in a year or two or move dd to the 3. lets be happy he isn't elbowing bigv in the head

      Comment


      • #4
        The way he was playing you couldn't give him more than 6 minutes in a winnable game against a conference power. His shot was not even close, he wasn't getting open, you can't risk giving up a chance at a win so early in the year just to give the rook some experience.

        Comment


        • #5
          Letter N wrote: View Post
          The way he was playing you couldn't give him more than 6 minutes in a winnable game against a conference power. His shot was not even close, he wasn't getting open, you can't risk giving up a chance at a win so early in the year just to give the rook some experience.
          +1

          Comment


          • #6
            Should see some more minutes in this game... hopefully
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

            Comment


            • #7
              bummed by this organization...

              Comment


              • #8
                Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                looked scared. it was a big day for him. i think he will be the 6th man in a year or two or move dd to the 3. lets be happy he isn't elbowing bigv in the head
                Lol is it just me or does austin rivers look pretty bad so far... guess he had a bttr debut than ross (although ross had a much shorter leash)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think this is premature.

                  The transition to the NBA is crazy enough.

                  If this was the start of year 2 and he played 6 minutes, I'd be a little concerned but not after 1 NBA game.

                  Check the early years of Arron Afflalo or JJ Redick to see how much time they received and then consider how they developed.... Redick especially in year 2.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This really is a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" world, jeez. Even being "bummed" about Landry Fields would be way too early. He's got TWO weeks, then I got straight to "pissed" about him. Don't piss me off Landry.
                    The Double Champ is here!
                    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Junior wrote: View Post
                      Is anyone else bummed that Ross only played 6 minutes Wednesday? What do you all think we should realistically expect from him this season?
                      nothing really, he wa projected to go about 17th, the nba is young and a lot of the rookies his year won't be in the nba for long
                      "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I think this is premature.

                        The transition to the NBA is crazy enough.

                        If this was the start of year 2 and he played 6 minutes, I'd be a little concerned but not after 1 NBA game.

                        Check the early years of Arron Afflalo or JJ Redick to see how much time they received and then consider how they developed.... Redick especially in year 2.
                        True .. but afflalo was a late first rounder .. and Reddick, while closer to Ross (11th) was always going to be a specialty player .. so wouldnt make a tonne of sense to give him heavy minutes.

                        However, Im with you that its only one game .. but we gotta give this guy run. We are doomed with the lack of shooting ability between LF and DD - he is our only hope. (tangent - was watching LF shoot jumpers at practice on Raptors Today this morning .. his shot is flat out broken .. I could be worng, but I dont remember that dramatic a "hitch" in his shot in his rookie year)

                        As "unfair" as it might be cause hes played well, AA needs to be on the bench. This team is very much still in building mode .. we arent going anywhere with AA .. we hopefully are with Ross (who we passed on Drummond and others to take). As the 8th pick in a loaded draft .. weve got to figure out what we have (and btw - I think we will be pleasantly surprised!)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          knickz wrote: View Post
                          nothing really, he wa projected to go about 17th, the nba is young and a lot of the rookies his year won't be in the nba for long
                          I've only seen as low as 14...
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Three things to consider, first it was just one game, second, he did not look good in his limited minutes, 3 Jose played well and shot well while slotted in as the 2 guard.

                            Experience will come, he will get comfortable, and Jose will not always be a great fit off the ball.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                              Lol is it just me or does austin rivers look pretty bad so far... guess he had a bttr debut than ross (although ross had a much shorter leash)
                              LOL yes he is doing pretty bad. And he took Davis out with an accidental elbow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X