Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top NBA Back-courts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Technically speaking, yes, but LeBron James plays that pure point guard role for the Heat. LeBron is a small forward, but no doubt he plays the position.

    Even IF I did get rid of the LeBron/Wade duo, Lin/Harden would NOT be there. Lin is still unproven, and isn't even a top 10 point guard in my opinion. Harden is making him look a lot better than he is, for Harden is a play-maker. Make shots, find shots.
    Lebron isn't a point guard though, he's a small forward. Just because he's initiating the offence doesn't make him part of the backcourt.

    And I don't understand saying Lin/Harden isn't better than, say, Ty/Iggy. I suspect by the end of the season there will be no doubt about that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Superchunk wrote: View Post
      Lebron isn't a point guard though, he's a small forward. Just because he's initiating the offence doesn't make him part of the backcourt.

      And I don't understand saying Lin/Harden isn't better than, say, Ty/Iggy. I suspect by the end of the season there will be no doubt about that.
      If it were Lin/Martin would you say that's better than Ty/Iggy? Maybe Harden/Lin should be in the top 10, but the reason being it's because of Harden, NOT Lin.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

      Comment


      • #18
        RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        If it were Lin/Martin would you say that's better than Ty/Iggy? Maybe Harden/Lin should be in the top 10, but the reason being it's because of Harden, NOT Lin.
        The backcourt consists of two people. I don't understand what your point is. Houston added Harden, just like Denver added Iggy. Would Ty/Afflalo have made the list?
        your pal,
        ebrian

        Comment


        • #19
          Call me crazy but isn't Chalmers and Wade Miami's backcourt?

          And i agree with most people here, Lin and Harden have to be on that list somewhere. And I would rather have K-Mart than Safolosha.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

          Comment


          • #20
            Watching the cleveland game last night gave me a lot of faith in a Waiters/Irving backcourt. Damn they looked good.

            Comment


            • #21
              ebrian wrote: View Post
              The backcourt consists of two people. I don't understand what your point is. Houston added Harden, just like Denver added Iggy. Would Ty/Afflalo have made the list?
              Lin/Harden - Not making it.
              Lawson/Afflalo - Not making it.

              Reason? Because Lawson is a good point guard, while the other in Afflalo is a HUGE drop-off.

              That's a reason why I didn't include Lin/Harden. Lin is an overrated guard. Solid starter AT best. Both guys need to hold their own.
              If people will hate on me for including OKC & Boston back-court, it's because the talent of one of their guys makes up for the entire back-court. Westbrook and Rondo are top 5 point guards in the league. It's obvious that Westbrook/Rondo > Lawson/Lin.

              And to the constant questions of "Isn't Chalmers and Wade the back-court?" Yes, technically speaking, but I included LeBron as the guard for he initiates the offense. Technically, the back-court is made up of the point guard and shooting guard, but that back-court is just based on how I think. Hopefully that answers things, and remember, this is all just MY opinion. I'm asking others for their opinions.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

              Comment


              • #22
                RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                Lin/Harden - Not making it.
                Lawson/Afflalo - Not making it.

                Reason? Because Lawson is a good point guard, while the other in Afflalo is a HUGE drop-off.

                That's a reason why I didn't include Lin/Harden. Lin is an overrated guard. Solid starter AT best. Both guys need to hold their own.
                If people will hate on me for including OKC & Boston back-court, it's because the talent of one of their guys makes up for the entire back-court. Westbrook and Rondo are top 5 point guards in the league. It's obvious that Westbrook/Rondo > Lawson/Lin.

                And to the constant questions of "Isn't Chalmers and Wade the back-court?" Yes, technically speaking, but I included LeBron as the guard for he initiates the offense. Technically, the back-court is made up of the point guard and shooting guard, but that back-court is just based on how I think. Hopefully that answers things, and remember, this is all just MY opinion. I'm asking others for their opinions.
                Afflalo is a (very) good defender and certainly above average on offense (since rookie season lowest 3p% 0,398).

                Lin might have been overhyped and overrated, but the response by many (who don't like the Knicks) has been to undervalue him as a reaction. He's looking ok with Houston.

                Chalmers, so far this season, is - looking at the stats - getting the ball in his hands to do some playmaking a lot more. Only 4 games of course but 7 assists a game can't be done without getting serious playmaking tasks.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  Afflalo is a (very) good defender and certainly above average on offense (since rookie season lowest 3p% 0,398).

                  Lin might have been overhyped and overrated, but the response by many (who don't like the Knicks) has been to undervalue him as a reaction. He's looking ok with Houston.

                  Chalmers, so far this season, is - looking at the stats - getting the ball in his hands to do some playmaking a lot more. Only 4 games of course but 7 assists a game can't be done without getting serious playmaking tasks.
                  I was going to say the same thing about Chalmers. He's averaging so far more assists per game than Lebron.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X