Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Stat: Kyle Lowry leads the league in efficiency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fun Stat: Kyle Lowry leads the league in efficiency

    Lowry is tied for first in the NBA with James Harden for efficiency per game. In related news, Demar has cracked the top 50 (47th). Toronto is one of only three teams with two players in the top 20 for guards (Milwakee and LAC are the others). It's early but Lowry and Demar have both been playing at a level that they should be able to maintain all season so they should stay near the top.

    http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

    -Churchill

  • #2
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    ...It's early but Lowry and Demar have both been playing at a level that they should be able to maintain all season so they should stay near the top...
    Not sure what makes you say that, but we can always hope.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wouldn't expect it either, but on the other hand, Demar isn't doing anything outside of himself or that he can't do on a regular basis and Kyle's energy/hustle certainly seems to be rubbing off on him (or just the way Kyle influences the game works for Demar's type of athleticism) which isn't really something that should wane. So while I don't expect it, I wouldn't be surprised if they maintain something in the range of the last few games.

      Comment


      • #4
        Lowry also is tied for the lead in fantasy points, with James Harden.
        Stoked when he fell to me in my fantasy draft
        Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

        @alexhaggispinch

        Toronto Raptors
        Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
        Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

        Comment


        • #5
          So efficient and so good that no one decided to even nominate him for Player of the Week
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

          Comment


          • #6
            theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
            So efficient and so good that no one decided to even nominate him for Player of the Week
            Record has to do with that 1-2 wont cut it
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • #7
              Lowry's been beasting it these first 3 games. I think he's rubbing off on Demar too. I see Demar playing the passing lanes.

              I also like Demar on the block. That's where he should operate since we need someone who can score down low.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

              -- Charles Barkley

              Comment


              • #8
                Just to put the fantasy ranks in perspective, though I'm so mad I passed up on Klow, Mike D is#2.

                Three games in, 79 to go.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Lowry is tied for first in the NBA with James Harden for efficiency per game. In related news, Demar has cracked the top 50 (47th). Toronto is one of only three teams with two players in the top 20 for guards (Milwakee and LAC are the others). It's early but Lowry and Demar have both been playing at a level that they should be able to maintain all season so they should stay near the top.

                  http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=
                  KLOW is a first rate stud and rapidly making his way up the ranks as one of my all time favorite raptorS!!
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Not sure what makes you say that, but we can always hope.
                    Neither of them are playing outside themselves is all I meant. Harden, who was tied for #1, is not going to average over 35 points a game this year, so his place at the top is probably not permanent. If Lowry averaged 23 pts, 5 rbs, and 7 ass with a couple steals, which is close to what he is doing now, he would stay at or near the top and I don't think it is ridiculous to think he can keep that up. There is also no reason Demar can't continue to do what he's been doing so far, he's taking good shots and hitting a high percentage which is what we need.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                    -Churchill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      Neither of them are playing outside themselves is all I meant. Harden, who was tied for #1, is not going to average over 35 points a game this year, so his place at the top is probably not permanent. If Lowry averaged 23 pts, 5 rbs, and 7 ass with a couple steals, which is close to what he is doing now, he would stay at or near the top and I don't think it is ridiculous to think he can keep that up. There is also no reason Demar can't continue to do what he's been doing so far, he's taking good shots and hitting a high percentage which is what we need.
                      I'm not trying to burst any bubbles here nor am I complaining, but I don't understand your logic. DeRozan has never done any of those things before, so why is there no reason he can't continue to do what he's been doing? Lowry averaged 14 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists as a starter (142 games) over his career -- why is not ridiculous to think he can keep putting up 23 pts, 5 rbs and 7 assists per game? So far they are very much so playing outside themselves, as is Harden although we really don't have much data on Harden as a starter (only started 10 games in his career, averaging 20/5/5.)
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One thing is for certain. Lowry will not keep up his 50% shooting from beyond the arc.
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Nov 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ebrian wrote: View Post
                          I'm not trying to burst any bubbles here nor am I complaining, but I don't understand your logic. DeRozan has never done any of those things before, so why is there no reason he can't continue to do what he's been doing? Lowry averaged 14 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists as a starter (142 games) over his career -- why is not ridiculous to think he can keep putting up 23 pts, 5 rbs and 7 assists per game? So far they are very much so playing outside themselves, as is Harden although we really don't have much data on Harden as a starter (only started 10 games in his career, averaging 20/5/5.)
                          I'm more thinking expectations and physical ability in Derozan's case. In previous seasons he's gone through stretches when he's been close to this stat line and there is no physical reason he can't do it consistently. Do I think he will shoot 51% all year? Probably not, but hopefully he will be close. 19 and 5 with an assist and steal every game is pretty reasonable for him in terms of stats.

                          With Lowry, let's go through each category.

                          Points: 23 a game is pretty reasonable for him, he's our best player, shoots well, and gets into the paint at will. This is the category he may drop off in though, especially when Bargs starts shooting better and takes more possessions.

                          Rebounds: With his hustle and Bargnani's rebounding, he should be able to grab over 5 per game.

                          Assists: He's a point guard with good vision, he should be able to get 7 assists a game from Val and Derozan alone.

                          Steals: This is sort of his thing and while asking him to grab almost 4 steals a game is probably a little ridiculous, I think him getting close to 2 is not unreasonable.

                          Really I'm not saying Lowry will be that much above his career stats, I expect him to play 36 min a game and his per 36 stats last year were 16 pts, 7.4ast, 5.1rbs, and 1.7 stls. He scores a few more points and he's right where I'm saying.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                          -Churchill

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X