X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BallaBalla
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I don't think the salary works, but the guy I'd want is Jared Dudley. Decent defender, decent shooter, good hustle and glue guy. Everything Fields was supposed to be at about $3.5-$4 mill per. (Which is what Fields should have gotten)
    I personally don't think that this is about Fields or inserting another player into his position...I really think that this is a chemistry thing. We are nothing like the team we were last year out of the gate, because I don't think everyone has settled into their role yet.

AB thinks he is supposed to be the top scorer, clearly, Demar also thinks he should be the top scorer. The two of them have zero chemistry (probably because they both dribble with their heads down) and define themselves by their offense. They remind me of when Carmelo and Iverson were both on Denver. One play would be run for one, they one for the other...

You throw an Alpha like Lowry into this, and I can see how Fields just does not see how he fits in. We do not play a team game offensively on every possession, so when he tries to contribute offensively it looks stupid and out of place.

At the same time, he's expected to come in and guard the other team's best player (who gets a nice rest on the defensive side of the ball).

Either AB or DD has to be put on the bench to go against the opposing team's second unit. Have the offense run through Lowry, JV and one of those guys. Get some ball movement going, and you'll see that Fields will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    I completely agree with this. Not only does it mean he can't get his own offense going, it means he can't contribute in the ways he normally would by swinging the ball and making the Garbo plays. He's a system player and right now there's no system to play in, just a bunch of guys jacking up shots as soon as they touch the ball. Last night's me-first display by most of the team (and especially Bargs) was disgusting.
    I feel like this offense has been going on all season so far. It mainly consists of isolation/post ups by demar, bargniani, and basically every other player as well. Rarely any ball movement, and not very good off ball screens. Casey has gotta take care of this

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Vykis wrote: View Post
    Jared Dudley is playing shitty too this season, but Fields has to improve a lot to catch up to Dudleys shitty play
    Dudley also has been thrown in at SG which he isn't fast enough for. He isn't a supreme wing defender, but he can play decent D against most other SFs, which is still a big upgrade for half the price.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I just chalk it up to separation anxiety from his girlfriend Elaine.

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    Jared Dudley is playing shitty too this season, but Fields has to improve a lot to catch up to Dudleys shitty play

Leave a comment:

• Lark Benson
    replied
    chrischris wrote: View Post
    He came from a team that had players demanding double teams. He was able to get open and make the cuts that scored him most of his points. He cant do that here because his man doesn't need to leave him. Nobody on the Raps demands a double team. Our ball movement is shit and the paint is clogged. Yes, he has his own problems...but its not him, its us.
    I completely agree with this. Not only does it mean he can't get his own offense going, it means he can't contribute in the ways he normally would by swinging the ball and making the Garbo plays. He's a system player and right now there's no system to play in, just a bunch of guys jacking up shots as soon as they touch the ball. Last night's me-first display by most of the team (and especially Bargs) was disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bryan got screwed by the D'Antoni effect.. Fields' best season was under D'Antoni. D'Antoni just knows how to create space for guys and to get the pressure off of them. Fields' was horrible under Woodson, and even worse with Casey.

If we still had Triano, I have a feeling that Fields' would have been much, much better. I see Bryan doing a magic act here, similar to what he did with Turk a couple of years back. The Suns were interested in him when they were considering trading Nash to NY in the summer.. I'd trade him for anyone on the Suns' roster - even Beasley at this point.
    I don't think the salary works, but the guy I'd want is Jared Dudley. Decent defender, decent shooter, good hustle and glue guy. Everything Fields was supposed to be at about $3.5-$4 mill per. (Which is what Fields should have gotten)

Leave a comment:

• SitnonDfence
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bryan got screwed by the D'Antoni effect.. Fields' best season was under D'Antoni. D'Antoni just knows how to create space for guys and to get the pressure off of them. Fields' was horrible under Woodson, and even worse with Casey.

If we still had Triano, I have a feeling that Fields' would have been much, much better. I see Bryan doing a magic act here, similar to what he did with Turk a couple of years back. The Suns were interested in him when they were considering trading Nash to NY in the summer.. I'd trade him for anyone on the Suns' roster - even Beasley at this point.
    hopefully last nights 21 and 15 beasley...

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alexaussie
    replied
    I think at this point a move to the bench could do nothing but good. Takes some of the pressure off of him and hopefully he can relax.
    Everyone said he was best fit as a sixth man, why not try him out there?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Ya ... I had to laugh last night while watching Fields "try" to play Basketball.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    you may have a point but fumbling fast break layups and "the layup" vs OKC are prime examples of Fields being his own worst enemy.

Leave a comment:

• chrischris
    replied
    He came from a team that had players demanding double teams. He was able to get open and make the cuts that scored him most of his points. He cant do that here because his man doesn't need to leave him. Nobody on the Raps demands a double team. Our ball movement is shit and the paint is clogged. Yes, he has his own problems...but its not him, its us.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    I don't know how many times I have to say, Monstars.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    hahaha, nice theory! 9-10 doctors agree silicon is bad for your shot.

Seriously though, it's all mental. He's lost his confidence and is over thinking things.
    Agree 100% on this being all mental. Unless he has a bad case of early onset arthritis (and there is a guy in my oldtimers league with twisted fingers from arthritis that shoots better than Fields) then he needs to get himself to a hypnotherapist really soon. Clear that shit up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X