Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the Raptors trying to play uptempo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    Dwane Casey talked earlier in the week about the adjustment and about how he had given Lowry the freedom to make calls on offence on the break (pre-injury of course).

“The offence we’re running is more of a random type offence where it’s in flow, the push is more random … (the) hardest thing to do in the NBA is to guard random play so that’s why we try to be unpredictable.”
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/07...ani-to-step-up

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    When you don't have anyone who can create their own shot, and Bargs deciding he's going to shoot no matter what (no court vision), you have to play uptempo.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm not convinced it's Colangelo's decision. I'm sure he doesn't care how we win, as long as we win.

I think Casey's made a conscious effort to improve our 29th ranked offense by making use of his "athletes". Getting Lowry to push the ball, having DeRozan on the break, Valanciunas running the floor hard, and Fields (seemingly) knowing how to fill lanes....it all made sense that the Raptors would try and push the tempo this year.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    started a topic Why are the Raptors trying to play uptempo?

Why are the Raptors trying to play uptempo?

I've always been a supporter of BC, BUT I it seems to me like he is messing with Casey's coaching style. Casey did a great job with what he had last season and brought respectability to the franchise, but this whole wanting to play "uptempo" style wreaks of the Phoenix/D'Antoni style which BC has been trying to implement since day one.

Screw the uptempo style and go with what was successful for us last season which was grinding out games with our defense in a half court set. I know that some will say that we had such a bad season last year that they would not describe anything as having been successful, but we made huge strides with our defense. The addition of talent will only help make the style we played with last season be more successful.

I just feel like Casey is now tasked with stearing the team away from what he knows best.
Working...
X