• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    M Williams, this year:

- 1st game, vs Dallas/Marion: 29 minutes, 7/13, 5/5 FTs, 21 pts, 3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BLK
    - In 24 minutes vs LAL/Metta WP (massive compared to Ross), 4/7, 3/3FTs, 11 pts, 4 RBs, 2 Stls
    - Last game vs Phx/Beasley, 5/10, 13 pts, 7 RBs

All of those guys with much more experience, and MUCH more size and strength than TRoss. Put TRoss out there against Williams and Corbin will have Williams posting up every play and he'll likely be 1st or 2nd option all night.

Look, Ross isn't built like a LeBron. He's very slight right now and the coach has to pick his spots where he throws Ross to the wolves. Kobe,,,,,, KOBE for heaven's sake, played in 2 games (14,17) over 8 minutes in his first 10, and by the end of the year, only averaged 15 minutes. Was his progress hampered by bringing him along one step at a time?
    Ross would have a tough time with Williams size agreed.

Good comparison to Kobe's development and playing time in year one. Someone might point out that Kobe was a teenager (18 I believe) and coming out of high school while Ross is 21...

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

Lets pray for this (5% probability).

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't recall Marvin Williams ever using his size to dominate anyone. Perhaps we're giving him too much credit based on nothing more than his measurements. With Mo Williams healthy, Marvin is easily the 5th option for Utah. Tonight, he's barely above Tinsley in the pecking order (a guy who played 40 minutes on Saturday and didn't score a single point).
    M Williams, this year:

- 1st game, vs Dallas/Marion: 29 minutes, 7/13, 5/5 FTs, 21 pts, 3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BLK
    - In 24 minutes vs LAL/Metta WP (massive compared to Ross), 4/7, 3/3FTs, 11 pts, 4 RBs, 2 Stls
    - Last game vs Phx/Beasley, 5/10, 13 pts, 7 RBs

All of those guys with much more experience, and MUCH more size and strength than TRoss. Put TRoss out there against Williams and Corbin will have Williams posting up every play and he'll likely be 1st or 2nd option all night.

Look, Ross isn't built like a LeBron. He's very slight right now and the coach has to pick his spots where he throws Ross to the wolves. Kobe,,,,,, KOBE for heaven's sake, played in 2 games (14,17) over 8 minutes in his first 10, and by the end of the year, only averaged 15 minutes. Was his progress hampered by bringing him along one step at a time?

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    I think Kleiza hates mormons so he kills the Jazz whenever he can. LOL

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    I think Kleiza hates mormons so he kills the Jazz whenever he can. LOL

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Hayward vs Demar should be a nice match up as both will look to put the other in foul trouble. Really hoping for Mo Williams to have an off night shooting the ball as Jose won't be able to get around those picks by the Jazz bigs. Article on Kleiza was a nice read and fingers crossed that it's another similar outing for him tonight off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    amazing!

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think I'd like Ross starting over either McGuire or Kleiza.
    I'm on board with this idea

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    "marvin williams" and "dominate" don't really belong in the same sentence

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    tucas wrote: View Post
    Ya I don't like the raptors chances this game. Utah is suited well to blow us out.
    You're probably right.. But the Raptors are due for a random upset game. Hopefully it comes tonight with all the injuries

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Marvin Williams starts for the Jazz would be mismatch to start the game. I like starting DM too. Ross and Klieza to come out big tonight!
    I don't recall Marvin Williams ever using his size to dominate anyone. Perhaps we're giving him too much credit based on nothing more than his measurements. With Mo Williams healthy, Marvin is easily the 5th option for Utah. Tonight, he's barely above Tinsley in the pecking order (a guy who played 40 minutes on Saturday and didn't score a single point).
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    Kleiza goes off tonight... for 42

Leave a comment:

• wtfraps
    replied
    Kleiza's number
    Jan 17, 2008: 41 points, 9 rebounds, 4 threes, 11/14 FTs, and a bunch assists as a member of the Denver Nuggets

lol wtf

also Ceez, that pic was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    JV vs Kanter will be fun to watch

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Ya I don't like the raptors chances this game. Utah is suited well to blow us out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X