X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    Hope

This Raptor organization reminds me of the OBAMA HOPE.

In the begining there is soo much hope...but the result is the same.

New faces, new mgmt, new directions...same result...4-5 yr

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    During the off-season: Everyone here was so much more optimistic than me.

During the actual season: Everyone here is so much more pessimistic than me

It's funny to see
    Many of the reasons for optimism appear to be gone -- at least in my opinion.

Bargnani is who is he.

Financial flexibility has been tossed aside with an extension to DeRozan that was not only generous but unnecessary given the leverage of RFA.

The culture change of last year appears to be one of those great fads that disappear too soon - kind of like Chip&Pepper shirts.

Fields has been a bust.... the only hope here is his hand really is messed and he'll come back much better.... not implying Fields was going to be a star but I thought he'd at least be able to make a layup.

Leave a comment:

• IamNotAmirJohnson
    replied
    Allow me to add a few to the cylce:
    7. Have your "best" players get injured a the worst possible times...then hype up replacement scrubs to superstar status
    8. Keep telling media/fans you're just about to "turn the corner" when said "corner" is a trillion eons away
    9. Offer $10 seats after Valentines Day to keep a few warm bodies in the ACC
    10. Base contracts/signings/draft picks 100% on expectations/hopes/dreams vs on @#*ing R-E-A-L-I-T-Y

Leave a comment:

• .40 Cal Flakes
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post

It's funny to see
    This. Hahaha

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    Just for the record Ross is a nobody. He can't even get much burn outside of garbage time on a team that is 1-5.

The only reason people know JV outside Toronto is thanks to KD. Not saying they will always be nobodies but for now they are.
    Ross is a nobody because he hasn't got much burn 6 games into his career. JV's a nobody because people outside Toronto don't know him 6 games into his career.

LOL, I should no better than to try and bring the panic button down to earth here. Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    1. Lowry's a nobody? JVs a nobody? Ross is a nobody?
    Just for the record Ross is a nobody. He can't even get much burn outside of garbage time on a team that is 1-5.

The only reason people know JV outside Toronto is thanks to KD. Not saying they will always be nobodies but for now they are.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied

It's funny to see

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't forget about the endless debate between tanking (for draft position), and winning pointless games (for experience/culture change).
    Too true. Far too often as well, unfortunately, for us fans. The irony is that I wonder how substantially a team's culture can change when between 1/3 - 1/2 the roster is turned over each season. Comparitively, I wonder how favorably impactful drafting a top-5 pick who can come in and positively assert himself to actually affect change can be, when it comes to improving a team's culture (compared to a mid-late 1st round pick who's happy to just get some playing time with the 2nd unit)??
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't forget about the endless debate between tanking (for draft position), and winning pointless games (for experience/culture change).
    Hey, yeah, how's that winning culture from last year coming along? Pound the rock, baby!

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    1) Off-Season....acquistion of some nobody players - HIGH HOPES

2) Pre-Season....We're making the PLAYOFFS

3) Post 5 game into Season....I hate this place...fire BC, fire Casey, Trade Andrea, End the Euro Experiment

4) Dec-12....We're missing the playoffs...Sporting scene here sucks

5) FEB/MAR13 - Missed Playoffs confirmed....we suck

6) Off-Season...signing a d-league player...HIGH HOPES...so eggciting...egg citing.

Start again.
    1. Lowry's a nobody? JVs a nobody? Ross is a nobody? Sucks to be you.
    2. Nobody working for the team said "We're making the PLAYOFFS". They said the "goal" was to make the playoffs, but the funny thing in this world is that people/teams set goals and don't always reach them, yet accomplish something in the attempt. Would you have preferred if they said goal was to tank? If you understood differently, Sucks to be you.
    3. ........ Sucks to be you
    4. Personally, I can live with not making the playoffs if the team, and it's young players, show much improvement over the next 76 games, be damned with the first 6. If anything but playoffs this year disappoints you this badly, Sucks to be you
    5. ........ Sucks to be you
    6. ........ Sucks to be you

Overall I'd say,,,,,, hmm, let me see,,,,,,,, it sucks to be you, and if you're this bent out of shape after 6 games, I'd suggest finding a different team to jump on the bandwagon, or find another hobby. Either would be better for your health.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    6 games totally projects the rest of the season guys

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    What my sentence has to do with EURO League? What tf. Seriously. BTW, what I was trying to say is that you just stated what's obvious... You don't need thread for that.
    Risk, you can include #8

Fans start fighting in Raptors Republic due to the stress of a losing season.

hahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    Its not time wasted...its the reality of what the Raptor MGMT shows you...did they not say this team has depth, did they not say this is playoff team...

Meaning that Raptor Mgmt has no clue as to what qualifies as depth nor playoff team in the NBA. This isnt EURO League.

Cheers
    What my sentence has to do with EURO League? What tf. Seriously. BTW, what I was trying to say is that you just stated what's obvious... You don't need thread for that.

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    hahahaha so true!

You have to point out tho if your comment is sarcastic, or subjective, otherwise, its no fun.
    Its Sarcastic with some truth as to how the RAPTOR MGMT is trying to lure your $$$ and attention.
    They said its a playoff team...meaning they cant judge quality of team...they said this team has dept...yet the second unit is total screw-up....meaning the starting 5 have to play full to allow us a win.

BS

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    shutup.
    Peace be with you brah

Leave a comment:

Working...
X