Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to end the Bargnani experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to end the Bargnani experiment

    Raps need a new PF. They're not going to win with Bargnani. Not picking on him but i've had enough watching this guy. Tonight's game was another great example why. He was nowhere to be found in the 2nd half, he always disappears in crunch time, can't rebound, defensively he's so soft. He can shoot the ball but that's really all he brings to the table. Raps need a PF that can rebound the ball, play tough defence and have some kind of a low post game. You know, a true POWER forward.

    When i look at this Raps team. They have 4 legit talents. DeRozan, Lowry, Valanciunas and Calderon. They need to build around DD, JV and Lowry but they also need to surround them with REAL talents.

    If i'm Colangelo i would call the Utah GM right now if Derrick Favours is available. If not i'd ask if Enes Kanter is available. Both talented POWER forwards but not getting much time because of Jefferson and Millsap. Jefferson and Millsap are both UFA's after this season.

    Jefferson in my opinion is the perfect type of player the Raps need but i can't see the Jazz ever letting him go. But if he becomes a UFA he'll cost a lot of $$$$. Same with Millsap.

    If the Jazz re-sign both guys or let's say just Jefferson. One of Favours or Kanter should be available.
    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 13th, 2012, 12:37 AM.

  • #2
    Agreed the guy is just too inconsistent right now he looks out of shape, doesnt box out, run the floor and forcing his shot pretty tired of it. Year after year its something new, BC needs to find someone who wants offence upfront but that will be tough because who is gonna want a liability on defence.

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL another get rid of Bargs thread? I hear you though brother, I hear yah.

      Comment


      • #4
        TRex wrote: View Post
        Raps need a new PF. They're not going to win with Bargnani. Not picking on him but i've had enough watching this guy. Tonight's game was another great example why. He was nowhere to be found in the 2nd half, he always disappears in crunch time, can't rebound, defensively he's so soft. He can shoot the ball but that's really all he brings to the table. Raps need a PF that can rebound the ball, play tough defence and have some kind of a low post game. You know, a true POWER forward.

        When i look at this Raps team. They have 4 legit talents. DeRozan, Lowry, Valanciunas and Calderon. They need to build around DD, JV and Lowry but they also need to surround them with REAL talents.

        If i'm Colangelo i would call the Utah GM right now if Derrick Favours is available. If not i'd ask if Enes Kanter is available. Both talented POWER forwards but not getting much time because of Jefferson and Millsap. Jefferson and Millsap are both UFA's after this season.

        Jefferson in my opinion is the perfect type of player the Raps need but i can't see the Jazz ever letting him go. But if he becomes a UFA he'll cost a lot of $$$$. Same with Millsap.

        If the Jazz re-sign both guys or let's say just Jefferson. One of Favours or Kanter should be available.
        Johnson is not playing to badly. ED seems to be turning the corner. I can't how lost he seemed in overtime. He comes out to help and then gets beat and can't or don't run back to help! Enough is truly enough! ARG!

        Comment


        • #5
          It makes me sad to write this, but I'm now off the Bargs Bandwagon..... Last couple seasons I've held out hope, but he's just not going to put it together, is he.

          If we could steal Favours that would be great, but I don't see it happening. The Jazz could lose BOTH Jefferson and Millsap this offseason. I expect to see one/both of them traded to a contender as the season progresses.

          Comment


          • #6
            Bargnani played horrendously last night, every time the jazz wanted an open and easy look... boom screen roll with calderon and bargnani on defense and it always lead to Bargs showing (softly) and the guy easily beating him off the dribble and both his man and the ball ahndler getting 3 steps on him instantly.. I would easily trade bargnani for a draft pick and some cap filler with an expiring contract. Also their zone D they try to play is just not working, I had so much hope this year but with bargnani as our center were going nowhere.

            Comment


            • #7
              amir and ed played really well last night, especially amir. a frontcourt of JV and Amir would have one hell of a motor, thats for sure.
              @sweatpantsjer

              Comment


              • #8
                Last year there was hope, maybe he has changed, improved defense, effort, but he has regresed in almost all of categories ... People around the league keep saying basketball is a business, so it's time to cut our losses and move forward

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm all for moving him if the deal returns an upgrade just like any player on the roster. Although I didn't think he played well after the 1st it's funny how no one questions the D displayed by Amir and McGuire. When Dre was on Millsap he was having an ordinary night at best. As soon as the Jazz went big and Millsap was guarded by Kleiza and McGuire the game changed and he couldn't be stopped. Jefferson was quite for three and a half quarters and when Amir was gassed he abused him. Scored at will and gobbled up rebounds at an alarming rate. Favors who was covered by Andrea did nothing just like the guy guarding him. I'm curious why Casey didn't let Dre guard Jefferson as Amir clearly couldn't as he was exhausted, over powered and too small.

                  Chalk another loss up on Dwayne Casey... I've got him down for 3 games thrown away. I bet if Rick Adelman didn't concede with 6 minutes to go it would be 4. This guy has no idea how to play with a lead or when to call a time out.

                  On a positive note Demar has taken his game to another level. I had doubted him for the past few seasons and thought he was limited but he is playing some incredible basketball on the offensive side of the ball.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                    I'm all for moving him if the deal returns an upgrade just like any player on the roster. Although I didn't think he played well after the 1st it's funny how no one questions the D displayed by Amir and McGuire. When Dre was on Millsap he was having an ordinary night at best. As soon as the Jazz went big and Millsap was guarded by Kleiza and McGuire the game changed and he couldn't be stopped. Jefferson was quite for three and a half quarters and when Amir was gassed he abused him. Scored at will and gobbled up rebounds at an alarming rate. Favors who was covered by Andrea did nothing just like the guy guarding him. I'm curious why Casey didn't let Dre guard Jefferson as Amir clearly couldn't as he was exhausted, over powered and too small.

                    Chalk another loss up on Dwayne Casey... I've got him down for 3 games thrown away. I bet if Rick Adelman didn't concede with 6 minutes to go it would be 4. This guy has no idea how to play with a lead or when to call a time out.

                    On a positive note Demar has taken his game to another level. I had doubted him for the past few seasons and thought he was limited but he is playing some incredible basketball on the offensive side of the ball.
                    He scored 37 points on 33 shots and missed more shots than Bargnani attempted, plus he had 5 turnovers and that clear-path foul was a backbreaker. Yes he scored, but his +/- was 2nd worst on the team last night (-9), just 1 point better than McGuire. Bargnani was the 2nd best player on the night at +1, one of only 3 players on the positive side (Lucas was +8 and Ross was +2). The team lost and there were several contributing factors... I'm just sick of so many people blaming Bargnani for everything.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i think playoffs might be out of the picture this year.. i mean we have to go three game above 500 from here on in to be 40-42 ( and this might not even cut it anymore given the new look east).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the raptors should have a policy to trade anyone who does food ads.. no more Pizza Pizza & primo pasta.. indian food is OK! we need guys with there ass's on fire LOL or at least playing like it LOL.

                        for real though.. Bargs has got to go..hes worthless to this team in his current role.. his lack of rebounding/boxing out/help defence is putting a heavy load on Jonas to start games..JV would do sooo much more if he never had to play both the other teams bigs by himself..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          He scored 37 points on 33 shots and missed more shots than Bargnani attempted, plus he had 5 turnovers and that clear-path foul was a backbreaker. Yes he scored, but his +/- was 2nd worst on the team last night (-9), just 1 point better than McGuire. Bargnani was the 2nd best player on the night at +1, one of only 3 players on the positive side (Lucas was +8 and Ross was +2). The team lost and there were several contributing factors... I'm just sick of so many people blaming Bargnani for everything.
                          You know +/- is one of the most worthless stats in basketball, Demar played all but 3 minutes of the game (which the team lost by 7) so in the 3minutes demar wasnt in the game the team was +2, thats one shot fyi, would Demar played better if he had some rest, but thats on DC, so dont judge him on +/- stats

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            He scored 37 points on 33 shots and missed more shots than Bargnani attempted, plus he had 5 turnovers and that clear-path foul was a backbreaker. Yes he scored, but his +/- was 2nd worst on the team last night (-9), just 1 point better than McGuire. Bargnani was the 2nd best player on the night at +1, one of only 3 players on the positive side (Lucas was +8 and Ross was +2). The team lost and there were several contributing factors... I'm just sick of so many people blaming Bargnani for everything.
                            Your right he took a ton of shots to get his points but he looked nice with his back to the basket and did a good job on the glass. Demar is doing a good job of backing down smaller guards which he couldn't do last year. There is still lots to be desired from him but no question he's improved.

                            Agreed on the blaming of Bargnani... He has flaws in his game no question and can be frustrating but whenever anything goes wrong it's pinned on him by most. Some great perspectives on this forum and some intelligent posts but the constant none sense towards him is annoying to put it lightly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Vykis wrote: View Post
                              You know +/- is one of the most worthless stats in basketball, Demar played all but 3 minutes of the game (which the team lost by 7) so in the 3minutes demar wasnt in the game the team was +2, thats one shot fyi, would Demar played better if he had some rest, but thats on DC, so dont judge him on +/- stats
                              Agree completely. Plus his line looks a lot more inefficient than it would have had the game ended after 4 quarters or even 1 OT. The dude played 60 minutes...give him a break if his shots stop falling in the third OT. And several shots at the end of the third OT were shots he had to take...it'd be nice if they'd fall, but we all know that three pointers aren't his game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X