Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I think that Calderon by himself is a big chip, particularly becasue of his expiring contract. Next years free agent class is pretty good with guys like Chris Paul, Manu Ginobli, Josh Smith, and Andrew Bynum and don't forget Dwight who is still a free agent after this season. That is Jose's value, he's a good point guard that a team can rent out for the rest of the season then use his cap hit to pick up a free agent. If you add Bargs to that deal you really lose the value he provides becasue of Bargs' cap hit. If you want to move both of them, it makes a lot more sense to trade them seperately, Calderon to a playoff team that wants to be good and still make a splash in the offseason and Bargnani to a team that is looking for that extra scroing punch and has an asset (either a pick or a guy they don't have minutes for that is pretty good) that we are interested in.

    For Calderon, something with Danny Granger could work since Indiana needs a better point and Granger is not a necessary piece anymore. We'd probably have to throw in Ross or Ed Davis or something.

    For Bargnani, I think Atlanta could be interested. They need a big man and may be willing to trade an expiring Devin Harris and pieces for Bargs. This would be more to jettison Bargs and have cap space next year than to actually get a good player. Actually in this scenario it would make sense to keep Jose's expiring and go after Josh Smith in free agency.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

    -Churchill

    Comment


    • #32
      Agrippa wrote: View Post
      Jose for Perkins Maynor, and our pick back.
      So Jose is as good as Lowry, including a much worse contract dollar wise and the fact hes a FA next year, plus we should get another player. That sounds about right ..... ?????

      Comment


      • #33
        footarez wrote: View Post
        The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.
        Thank you. I agree with you

        Comment


        • #34
          I wouldn't want to trade Calderon OR Bargnani until Lowry and Fields are fully healthy. Mostly because of the fact they are the reason we are still in games(well not really Bargs, but rather pckg. him w/ Jose). When those two are healthy, then I'll pull a trade. And when that happens, any of the ones you mentioned would be perfect. I'd personally prefer the Smith/Jefferson ones. But if any of these trades are happening, it's either the Clevelands trade, or the Chicago trade.

          Comment


          • #35
            golden wrote: View Post
            Haha. Good one. Package Jose with Andrea, Amir, Demar or Linas to get draft picks and cap flexibility (expiring contracts, TPE, etc..). We really don't want to get any "good" players back *sarcasm*. Let's get the tank rolling early and make sure we're in the protected draft pick zone for at least the next few years. Oh, and bring Jay Triano back.

            Yes, it's time to "Decelerate the Rebuilding Process". (tm)
            can we throw in Matt Devlin with that package to sweeten up the deal?

            Comment


            • #36
              that amare and shumpert one is awesome imo... is amare great on d? hell no but he could fill the void of scoring left by bargs and by doing it in the paint and also rebounding like we need. My only problem with this is his giant contract mixed with his age. Reduces our flexibility but shumpert could be big add as well hes a DC kinda player.

              Comment


              • #37
                Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                that amare and shumpert one is awesome imo... is amare great on d? hell no but he could fill the void of scoring left by bargs and by doing it in the paint and also rebounding like we need. My only problem with this is his giant contract mixed with his age.
                the void he fills is "who do we play at pf" because he spends all his time in street clothes we don't need to worry about the logjam

                Comment


                • #38
                  How about Bargs + Calderon + Davis to Miami for Bosh + Cole - We get good old Bosh back who can help us get to the playoff. In the offseason, we get Carter, T-Mac, Arroyo, while give Charlie V the vet minimum to play for us.

                  OR

                  Bargs + Calderon + Ross for LaMarcus Aldridge + Wes Matthews.

                  Only in dreams

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    ball4life wrote: View Post
                    can we throw in Matt Devlin with that package to sweeten up the deal?
                    "no call"
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                      How about Bargs + Calderon + Davis to Miami for Bosh + Cole - We get good old Bosh back who can help us get to the playoff. In the offseason, we get Carter, T-Mac, Arroyo, while give Charlie V the vet minimum to play for us.

                      OR

                      Bargs + Calderon + Ross for LaMarcus Aldridge + Wes Matthews.

                      Only in dreams
                      don't mind the miami trade but i think we should grab james instead. he answers our sf problem. then we can sign him to an extension and retire his jersey.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The positive thing about all these losses is that it may force BC to pull the trigger some trades. This could help move AB or JC. Chasing 9th place won't result in any trades.
                        in masai we trust

                        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          don't mind the miami trade but i think we should grab james instead. he answers our sf problem. then we can sign him to an extension and retire his jersey.
                          lol totally.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                            So, let me get this straight: He's playing great ball, knows how to run the team, crazy assist (54 in 4 games..before the last one) and knows how to run a team. So, it's Jose's fault that we lose games? Uhhhh, no. Trade Bargs. Cats need to stop getting trade-happy like this NBA2K13. ***. If it wasn't for Jose, we'd look sillier on the floor, on a nightly basis.
                            The problem is no one will take Bargnani unless they're getting something good to go along. Jose's expiring contract would be a big attraction, as would a young prospect like Ed Davis. You're not going to find a single team willing to trade for Bargnani straight up unless you're trading an equally bad player/contract back. In which case why even bother making the trade at all.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              ebrian wrote: View Post
                              The problem is no one will take Bargnani unless they're getting something good to go along. Jose's expiring contract would be a big attraction, as would a young prospect like Ed Davis. You're not going to find a single team willing to trade for Bargnani straight up unless you're trading an equally bad player/contract back. In which case why even bother making the trade at all.
                              Pretty much this.

                              All of the deals that have Bargnani being moved for players like Josh Smith/Gasol/Varajeo/Millsap/etc. are pipe dreams unless the Raptors are willing to package multiple assets (pick two from the group of Calderon/Davis/Ross/picks) along with him. The market for a historically poor rebounding volume shooter with no interest in playing D is going to be a small one. Teams will not want Bargnani for the same reasons that Toronto is trying to move him; it's becoming increasingly difficult to make the case that you can put a winning team on the floor with him as a focal point.

                              It then becomes a case where you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face as the potential benefits you receive from moving Bargnani and acquiring one of those players is nullified by the other pieces you have to let go of.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Fully wrote: View Post
                                Pretty much this.

                                All of the deals that have Bargnani being moved for players like Josh Smith/Gasol/Varajeo/Millsap/etc. are pipe dreams unless the Raptors are willing to package multiple assets (pick two from the group of Calderon/Davis/Ross/picks) along with him. The market for a historically poor rebounding volume shooter with no interest in playing D is going to be a small one. Teams will not want Bargnani for the same reasons that Toronto is trying to move him; it's becoming increasingly difficult to make the case that you can put a winning team on the floor with him as a focal point.

                                It then becomes a case where you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face as the potential benefits you receive from moving Bargnani and acquiring one of those players is nullified by the other pieces you have to let go of.
                                +1

                                Better that BC use some of his European connections to get someone to put a horses head in bed with AB. Make hom an offer he can't refuse that involves playing D, and driving and kicking.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X