Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hey bargs, leave the team. take the canoli

    Comment


    • #47
      I was on the decision of keeping Calderon, but it seems trading him + Calderon + asset + 2nd round picks would be best for this team. Acquiring 2-3 assets (guard/wing/big) & a first rounder could be ideal.

      Comment


      • #48
        madeupid25 wrote:
        You guys have to realize what a unique talent this guy is...

        Bargnani has such a special skill set for a guy his size. We just have to harness his potential, and with a little more time, and a few breaks our way, Andrea Bargnani can be the focal point of a Championship offense in the NBA.

        Everyone here has to forget this negativity, and just have faith that Bryan Colangelo has a fantastic conception of this team's potential, and its direction. We are slowly, but surely, building towards greatness here. People are panicing way to early right now.

        What guys, I mean, we're only like 12 games in here. Sure, things aren't going as well as expected. There have been injuries during the last two years, but we are trending in a very positive direction.

        DeRozan, Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Amir Johnson... These are great blue collar, lunch pail type of players, who are just such a solid core to build around.

        With Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, and T. Ross, we have budding HOF'ers who are going to push this roster into contention.

        Just stay positive you guys... This is a very well managed team, with some great pieces at bargain contracts. Every team short of the Heat and the Lakers are jealous of the Raps you can bet that!!



        Go RapS!
        I was almost with you until I read that line and my face had the same expression as your Krusty avatar.

        Comment


        • #49
          Also, Calderon should be traded...I actually thought we should have kept TJ Ford instead of him...As nice as his AST/TO ratio is, I dare someone to look at our record with him in as a starter. I gaurantee you all that its below 500. I would actually bet that we were never even above 500 for a significant period of time (maybe 2 weeks? a month?)

          He seems like a great guy, but he should have been traded years ago when it was painfully obvious that he couldn't keep his man in front of him on D

          Comment


          • #50
            madeupid25 wrote:
            You guys have to realize what a unique talent this guy is...

            Bargnani has such a special skill set for a guy his size. We just have to harness his potential, and with a little more time, and a few breaks our way, Andrea Bargnani can be the focal point of a Championship offense in the NBA.

            Everyone here has to forget this negativity, and just have faith that Bryan Colangelo has a fantastic conception of this team's potential, and its direction. We are slowly, but surely, building towards greatness here. People are panicing way to early right now.

            What guys, I mean, we're only like 12 games in here. Sure, things aren't going as well as expected. There have been injuries during the last two years, but we are trending in a very positive direction.

            DeRozan, Bargnani, Kleiza, Fields, Amir Johnson... These are great blue collar, lunch pail type of players, who are just such a solid core to build around.

            With Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, and T. Ross, we have budding HOF'ers who are going to push this roster into contention.

            Just stay positive you guys... This is a very well managed team, with some great pieces at bargain contracts. Every team short of the Heat and the Lakers are jealous of the Raps you can bet that!!



            Go RapS!
            The worst part about Bargnani is that he has the physical tools to be a great defender! That's what upset me so much. He capable of it but, it's actually all about his effort. There no under 7 footer in the league that can move better laterally than Andrea and plus he has a 7-1 wingspan to boot. It's not like his Calderon that he physically can't keep up players and his position. Every time Barney gets put in a iso I expect him to get a stop. He has the strength, quickness and length to stop any PF at any time. He just doesn't always want it.
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • #51
              BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              Also, Calderon should be traded...I actually thought we should have kept TJ Ford instead of him...As nice as his AST/TO ratio is, I dare someone to look at our record with him in as a starter. I gaurantee you all that its below 500. I would actually bet that we were never even above 500 for a significant period of time (maybe 2 weeks? a month?)

              He seems like a great guy, but he should have been traded years ago when it was painfully obvious that he couldn't keep his man in front of him on D
              At the end of the day, it's a business, and you can only be so successful winning so little games. Time to shake up the team, Bargnani and Calderon have been here for years now, and how good has our success been over the years? Especially with those guys big parts of the team? Exactly. I would love to have Calderon retire a raptor, but we aren't getting anywhere when they can't guard their guys.

              Comment


              • #52
                Trade

                Barny and linas Klezie for Paul Gasol. Raps keep calrdone who would love to play with gasol and the lakers get a stretch 4 in barny and a good backup to Meta. La has no reliable SF to back Meta.

                I think this is good for both team. I would even include a second round pick to give to LA

                Comment


                • #53
                  #tradebarney

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    trademachine wrote: View Post
                    Barny and linas Klezie for Paul Gasol. Raps keep calrdone who would love to play with gasol and the lakers get a stretch 4 in barny and a good backup to Meta. La has no reliable SF to back Meta.

                    I think this is good for both team. I would even include a second round pick to give to LA
                    Gasol is no longer much better than Bargs, certainly not for the next 3 years.

                    Pass.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Gasol is no longer much better than Bargs, certainly not for the next 3 years.

                      Pass.
                      In your opinion he isnt much better, but on a team, like the raptors, he would flourish, be a great mentor for JV and other bigs, could play more back to the basket than he does with LA, show of his craftiness, be a leader, number one option, would do that trade in a heartbeat

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I agree that Bargs has overstayed his welcome and BryCo should consider a trade - but Jose? Having him and Lowry at point is one of our strongest roster points - maybe not at the defensive end, but when we throw that second unit out there with rookies and rawer offensive players, we need Jose's steady hand out there initiating the offense and getting his shots up too. Have you seen how stagnant the second unit has been with Lucas running the point? Trading Jose would give us a nightly helping of that every game.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Gasol is no longer much better than Bargs, certainly not for the next 3 years.

                          Pass.
                          Hahaha. he is wayy better than bargnani! don't even kid yourself man. He can do everything better than bargnani cept maybe score. He's a HOF
                          Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sat Nov 24, 2012, 07:18 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Perspective:

                            Pau Gasol is one month older than David West.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Hahaha. he is wayy better than bargnani! don't even kid yourself man. He can do everything better than bargnani cept maybe score. He's a HOF
                              What does the Hall of Fame have to do with the Raptors current squad? You go ahead and trade for the 32 year old, that will really help us 3-5 years down the road when we want to contend and we lost an asset for a retired player.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                love the idea...but pau gasol is NOT the answer....simply not playing bargnani and calderon would be better

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X