Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agrippa
    replied
    It's not like Calderon is an unknown commodity, he's been playing like this for the last eight years. Teams know who he is, a stretch like he is having now will not change his value.

Leave a comment:

• kuzzybear
    replied
    Jose Trade

Stop it ! Stop it ! Stop it ! Keep the man until he retires. Hang up his Jersey in the Rafters( derservedly so!!). You need 2 good PG these days due to the obvious chance of injury. He does a great job with utter professionalism. He is a role model for the younger ones.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Can we trade Bryan instead?
    Haha. Good one. Package Jose with Andrea, Amir, Demar or Linas to get draft picks and cap flexibility (expiring contracts, TPE, etc..). We really don't want to get any "good" players back *sarcasm*. Let's get the tank rolling early and make sure we're in the protected draft pick zone for at least the next few years. Oh, and bring Jay Triano back.

Yes, it's time to "Decelerate the Rebuilding Process". (tm)

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Can we trade Bryan instead?

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    All those trades may seem reaonable in the trade machine - salary wise but in real life they would NEVER happen. The only one remotely possible would be the one with Detroit. I think we reaaaaaaly overvalue Bargnani and Calderon. If we get a decent player + picks in return we should be happy. I don't see another Turkoglu for Barbosa type of trade + didn't turn out so great in the end anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Do you think it's possible that the GM would approach said players and point out that if they want to be another a team, now would be the time to showcase their talents (given the injury to Lowry). And maybe, Bargnani just doesn't want to get traded? Or is it more likely that Bargnani just sucks. I'm a believer of the latter scenario, though I could see Jose stepping up so he can leave..

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    pau would be the best because he is a winner. we need winners
    +1

He also fits the style of game that Casey has been preaching.

By no means is he ideal due to his age and contract but the Raptors need to learn to win.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    pau would be the best because he is a winner. we need winners

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    Have always been a big fan of Andy V, our pick and roll D would b insane with AV and JV with 100% hustle all the time, not much on offense though.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    Of all those trades I like the LAL one the best as it nets us the best possible player in return and really helps the Lakers, seems to me the best win/win.

The most likely trade a rival GM would like would prob be the Chi town Boozer and Rip trade. Rip has given them nothing and Booz is an overrated scorer (like AB) who disappears in the post season and who is owed more money. I think it's a lateral move in that sense and an upgrade in the rip for JC department until Rose is healthy again but it's a huge win in cap terms for an apparently rebuilding on the fly Chicago team. Hurts Toronto big time though.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    The most realistic might be the Golden State trade. We get them out from under Jefferson's onerous contract (we'd owe Jefferson $11M next year if he exercises his player option), allow them to put a true PG next to Curry, and we swap PF/C's who have underachieved on their respective teams, with us getting the better PF out of the bargain, albeit the one with the much larger contract. GS will likely be looking to shed some salary to get under the luxury tax next season, so this one seems at least plausible.

I'd do it. I'm a big fan of David Lee's game and think his contract is reasonable. Last season he put up 20pts 10reb 3ast 50%FG, and he's been doing this consistently for the past 4 seasons. Big upgrade over Bargs and someone I would like on the team regardless.
    Wow, David Lee might be even worse defensively than AB. He's a total void on that side of the floor and he's way overpaid for stuffing stats.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The most realistic might be the Golden State trade. We get them out from under Jefferson's onerous contract (we'd owe Jefferson $11M next year if he exercises his player option), allow them to put a true PG next to Curry, and we swap PF/C's who have underachieved on their respective teams, with us getting the better PF out of the bargain, albeit the one with the much larger contract. GS will likely be looking to shed some salary to get under the luxury tax next season, so this one seems at least plausible.

I'd do it. I'm a big fan of David Lee's game and think his contract is reasonable. Last season he put up 20pts 10reb 3ast 50%FG, and he's been doing this consistently for the past 4 seasons. Big upgrade over Bargs and someone I would like on the team regardless.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    I said it on the showcasing thread: I don't think the theory of value is all that big a player. Is anyone surprised at what JC is doing? No. It's exactly what one can expect from him. Sure the Assist numbers have been rather gaudy recently but we all know that's his game. Hasn't translated into oodles of wins has it? Calderons value is as much tied to his ending contract as to his play.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    this is awesome. like when i use to play wow and was on wowhead for hours just looking at different builds. did you go through every team here?

Leave a comment:

• OzRapFan
    replied
    Probably Boozer and Deng

Leave a comment:

Working...
X