Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dwane Casey still the right coach for the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Dwane Casey still the right coach for the Toronto Raptors?


  • #2
    Yes

    Comment


    • #3
      wait for the team to be at full health, and then decide in my opinion.

      But yes, we should be critical of Casey.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

      Comment


      • #4
        enlightenment wrote: View Post
        wait for the team to be at full health, and then decide in my opinion.

        But yes, we should be critical of Casey.
        What? We're missing Landry Fields and Alan Anderson...it could be ALOT worse in that regard.

        I never got the fuss for Casey in the first place. I guess everyone loved him in Dallas, but he seems like a player's coach. Bargnani's back to being allowed to sleep walk around the ACC while DeRozan and JV pour there hearts out. Sometimes a player needs a kick in the ass, or a benching, or both.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #5
          I see Casey getting the point after criticism. He started playing Val more, once he sees something working he usually adapts. I think he will grow just as this team grows.

          Changing coaches frequently causes more harm than good... Casey is not a hard head, he will get it right, eventually.

          Comment


          • #6
            BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
            I see Casey getting the point after criticism. He started playing Val more, once he sees something working he usually adapts. I think he will grow just as this team grows.

            Changing coaches frequently causes more harm than good... Casey is not a hard head, he will get it right, eventually.
            Well we're all patiently waiting for him to get it right then, take your time coach.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              He's not fulfilling his all duties at this moment, most crucial ones, if this continues I'll say no. But it's beginning of the season so I shouldn't overreact.


              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

              Comment


              • #8
                I wish he could admit to some of his mistakes for us. It would make us feel better about his potential to grow with the teams strengths.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The coach is playing his veterans... that's what coaches do.

                  It's a square peg/round hole scenario here. Trade Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for more defensive/gritty players that give a damn and Casey will be far more successful.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    planetmars:

                    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The coach is playing his veterans... that's what coaches do.

                      It's a square peg/round hole scenario here. Trade Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza for more defensive/gritty players that give a damn and Casey will be far more successful.
                      I would never lump Calderon in with Bargs. Calderon's problem is lack of mobility on D, not lack of effort.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I would never lump Calderon in with Bargs. Calderon's problem is lack of mobility on D, not lack of effort.
                        If Jose stays on the team, Casey will want to continue to play him with Lowry at the end of the game. Jose is a good player but doesn't fit. He needs to go.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            planetmars:

                            #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
                            LOL.. if I had a twitter account, I would join the movement.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              planetmars wrote: View Post
                              If Jose stays on the team, Casey will want to continue to play him with Lowry at the end of the game. Jose is a good player but doesn't fit. He needs to go.
                              I agree. He's a PERFECT backup PG, even on a really good team, but it's like Casey fell in love with him after his hot streak with Lowry out and now he wants a rotating PG set to finish the game. Hopefully that changes when Fields gets back, weird as that sounds I think I'd rather have him in there to keep the offense "normal"
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X