• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Colangelo should feel some heat for Raptors’ slow start: Cox

Well done sir, well done.

Comment

I saw this the other day and it reminded me of Colangelo's plan:

Comment

As much as I personally think we should wait and let him stay the course, if this performance continues MLSE will have no choice but to fire him. At the end of the day it comes down to to accountability and they(MLSE) have to act to show that they are serious.

The big question though is "what next"? If Stefanski is allowed to take over, we'll see a continuation of this plan at a lesser cost. If a new guy is hired, he'll probably tare things up and start afresh. This could be time consuming and possibly reap no reward. Hence IMO, it may be a gamble but the best option, let Bryan stay a little longer. Again it's only my opinion.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          I saw this the other day and it reminded me of Colangelo's plan:

Bahahhaaahaaa! Well played!

As for the OP, Cox is nothing but a puck head who knows little about basketball. But he makes a good point about accountability. Why are Raptors fans (and the media) so patient with this guy?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

As for the OP, Cox is nothing but a puck head who knows little about basketball. But he makes a good point about accountability. Why are Raptors fans (and the media) so patient with this guy?
            I don't know about you, but when he smiles I just melt inside

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Its sad that its come to needing a puck head and a rookie journalist to come out and speak the obvious.

I think the comparison between Burke and Colangelo is excellent. I've always wondered why the media has no problems calling Burke out on any little thing, and yet Colangelo always gets a pass. Always and excuse, always another reason.

If it wasn't becoming clear before, the day Bosh walked out the door and Colangelo collected his pick back, a 30th over all pick and a TPE should have been a slap in the face. I don't care who thought Bosh was staying, who said what and how it was said. Bosh leaving was an obvious and glaring risk, one the entire NBA world outside Toronto new was happening, and Colangelo placed his bet and lost. What we got as a response is "Bosh deceived me", "he wasn't good enough to build around", "he stopped trying". Some maybe true, some maybe not but all still Colangelo's responsibility.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                Its sad that its come to needing a puck head and a rookie journalist to come out and speak the obvious.

I think the comparison between Burke and Colangelo is excellent. I've always wondered why the media has no problems calling Burke out on any little thing, and yet Colangelo always gets a pass. Always and excuse, always another reason.

If it wasn't becoming clear before, the day Bosh walked out the door and Colangelo collected his pick back, a 30th over all pick and a TPE should have been a slap in the face. I don't care who thought Bosh was staying, who said what and how it was said. Bosh leaving was an obvious and glaring risk, one the entire NBA world outside Toronto new was happening, and Colangelo placed his bet and lost. What we got as a response is "Bosh deceived me", "he wasn't good enough to build around", "he stopped trying". Some maybe true, some maybe not but all still Colangelo's responsibility.
                Yep, he was delusional enough to think that a core of Hedo/Bargs/Bosh could make it past the first round of the playoffs. Bosh would've left anyway no matter what happened.

Comment

the BIG difference here is NHL Players in general think of the history & success of the past with the leafs & would like to play for them.. NBA is WAY different NBA players think of T.O as an Outpost in Alaska.. nothing but loosing & to top it off most of them think canada speaks french everywere & we all eat poutine & say "Eh" all the time.. it doesnt help when douches like Bosh say even the air smells different up here... Most NBA players asume it stinks like pig shit everywere since its called HogTown LOL

in short Raptors will always have a stigma with Players in the NBA & in turn have a disadvantage with signing players until we create a culture of success.

Leafs are a 1Billion dollar team with a rich "history" in a sport dominated by canadian talent who know the value of playing for a historic original six team..(kinda like how U.S NBA players always like the Celtics & Lakers)

BC def. deserves to be under the knife too though but for burke the hammer should have already fallen on his ego!

at least BC goes for it....Burke does nothing that will hurt his reputation hence why he has done nothing to improve the team..he stuck his foot in his mouth with the NO long term contracts & NO RFA offers crap that if he goes back on it now in Stains his ego!!

Rant Over LOL
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Nov 29, 2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X