Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani out indefinitely(likely 1-2 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian
    replied
    LOL Jclaw.. Silver Spoons! You've totally dated yourself there.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    Yes .... Ed played well tonight. As did Jonas. Even Erin Gray (somewhat). But this was not a good test. Brooklyns' Bigs were Bench equivalents. Dwill has been in crap mode of recent, but wthout Lopez, this team is f**ked.
    Sorry, you lost me at Erin Gray. Not sure if it was intentional and I missed the joke or if I missed that Ricky Schroeder's mom was playing for the Raps

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Holy hell cant believe I read all of this. Kudos to each and everyone of you for caring about the team when realistically the franchise doesn't deserve it. TO has incredible support for arguable the biggest collection of losing franchises of any city.

Hate blaming coaches as they don't choose the players they get but all summer we kept hearing Casey type players and no difference if anything its been worse. Casey has got to go back the defensive side of the ball and focus there and forget the offense as he clearly isn't capable of coaching it.

BC did a great job with the first roster haul over IMO but ever since that summer its been down hill from there. Way too much player change over and no clear direction or identity with the roster leaves many puzzles including myself. Free agency hes been a nightmare, small trades hes done well, big trades have been god awful and hes done a very good job with his first round picks when hes kept them (second rounder have been bad but cant hold it against him). Other then drafting i don't see a purpose for him and think hes overstayed his welcome.

Christmas wish is for BC to get his walking papers and for the franchise to take a long hard look at the right GM with a plan to rebuild this team through the draft. Let Casey finish the season and see if he can get the current players motivated to play defense again. If not then let him go and not pick up his 3rd year option.

Would love to see a reputable coach with a no nonsense attitude to lead this team as we don't have a leader in the room (don't tell me Lowry is). Time for MLSE to dip into the pocket and pay a big time coach.
    It's time for MLSE to get a legit GM, not a used car salesman like BC.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Holy hell cant believe I read all of this. Kudos to each and everyone of you for caring about the team when realistically the franchise doesn't deserve it. TO has incredible support for arguable the biggest collection of losing franchises of any city.

Hate blaming coaches as they don't choose the players they get but all summer we kept hearing Casey type players and no difference if anything its been worse. Casey has got to go back the defensive side of the ball and focus there and forget the offense as he clearly isn't capable of coaching it.

BC did a great job with the first roster haul over IMO but ever since that summer its been down hill from there. Way too much player change over and no clear direction or identity with the roster leaves many puzzles including myself. Free agency hes been a nightmare, small trades hes done well, big trades have been god awful and hes done a very good job with his first round picks when hes kept them (second rounder have been bad but cant hold it against him). Other then drafting i don't see a purpose for him and think hes overstayed his welcome.

Christmas wish is for BC to get his walking papers and for the franchise to take a long hard look at the right GM with a plan to rebuild this team through the draft. Let Casey finish the season and see if he can get the current players motivated to play defense again. If not then let him go and not pick up his 3rd year option.

Would love to see a reputable coach with a no nonsense attitude to lead this team as we don't have a leader in the room (don't tell me Lowry is). Time for MLSE to dip into the pocket and pay a big time coach.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    In my opinion, this is very poor choice of words considering he got hurt driving hard to the basket to dunk over a defender.

There is a side of me that wants him out just to see who would be the next RR target. No big deal, I will continue to cheer for the Cavs and the Raptors, and hope most ex-Raptors do well on their new teams.
    Everyone is pretty sensitive these days.

I was being facetious.

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    seriously it is like he is going out of his way to screw the raps.
    In my opinion, this is very poor choice of words considering he got hurt driving hard to the basket to dunk over a defender.

There is a side of me that wants him out just to see who would be the next RR target. No big deal, I will continue to cheer for the Cavs and the Raptors, and hope most ex-Raptors do well on their new teams.

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    You could of made this trade all day after his 13 games last year. I know I wasn't the only one yelling to flip the switch while the value was high.

Leave a comment:

• Mal
    replied
    Now we can really rebuild on the court! Sorry I'm not sorry.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    This is just delaying a trade. Must be a part of BC's evil plan
    It may be a blessing in that BC may be gone before AB proves he is healthy and thus valuable as an asset to trade.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm glad flipping is not in your DNA. Unfortunately the capacity for rationale thought and admittance of being wrong does not also appear to be present either. It is time to put your big boy pants on and deal with the reality of Andrea Bargnani and the Toronto Raptors.
    I think it is about time for flipping. I wish Colangelo flipped or Bargnani flipped. As fans we also require respect and after all we spend our money on the franchise as well. So we are being constantly lied about this franchise. And this preseason it was IT. The management of this team had playoffs as goal for this yeat. WTF...
    I agree in everything you say Matt. And every scenario which includes Bargnani to be OUT so that this team can really start to resolve the issue which has a lot to do with him is a great thinking and I am glad there are people who share my opinion. Whether Bargnani is traded or injured - I don't care as long as he is away from the court.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    LOL classic LOL can i get tickets to the premier u think? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    this reminded me of the movie "The Fan" with wesley snipes...wasnt that dude who got killed named "Primo" Too??? LOL

do you sell Knives Letter N ??? LOL

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    I don't really understand people who call out a person for 'not being a fan' because they criticized a player, coach or GM. That does not compute. I think it's time to revisit the definition of what a fan is, and perhaps differentiate it with another word -- fanboy.

Fanboy of X: A person who unequivocally cheers for X regardless of good/bad. Through thick and thin. No criticism required because X is perfect in every way.

Fan of X: A person who loves X and wants to see it do well.

An analogy would be "FAN" is like a parent of a child. The parent's goal is to help the child reach their full potential. The parents points out the child's mistakes and corrects them. "FANBOY" is Uncle Ned on the father's side 3 times removed.

When Uncle Ned approaches the child, he is happy and gives him a hug and a big teddy bear. When the parent looks at the same child he/she notices that the child still doesn't know how to clean up after himself after pooping his own diaper, and that he's 35 years old.

Are you a fan or a fanboy?
    id like to add that it is very possible to be a fan of a team rather than its players...I have no loyalty to anyone but the team itself..if u disrespect the team then expect backlash!

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    I don't really understand people who call out a person for 'not being a fan' because they criticized a player, coach or GM. That does not compute. I think it's time to revisit the definition of what a fan is, and perhaps differentiate it with another word -- fanboy.

Fanboy of X: A person who unequivocally cheers for X regardless of good/bad. Through thick and thin. No criticism required because X is perfect in every way.

Fan of X: A person who loves X and wants to see it do well.

An analogy would be "FAN" is like a parent of a child. The parent's goal is to help the child reach their full potential. The parents points out the child's mistakes and corrects them. "FANBOY" is Uncle Ned on the father's side 3 times removed.

When Uncle Ned approaches the child, he is happy and gives him a hug and a big teddy bear. When the parent looks at the same child he/she notices that the child still doesn't know how to clean up after himself after pooping his own diaper, and that he's 35 years old.

Are you a fan or a fanboy?

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    I hope on his way to the hospital he gets run over by a truck and dies a slow death, we can then get his contract off of the books due to grisly death. Then we can have that awkward moment when the team does a fan vote to see if we want his number raised to the rafters and it loses out by a 90/10 vote.
    this reminded me of the movie "The Fan" with wesley snipes...wasnt that dude who got killed named "Primo" Too??? LOL

do you sell Knives Letter N ??? LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X