GT: Detroit @ Toronto, 7:00PM EST, TV:SNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
    I think Ed didn't see the floor because the pistons had charlie V out there who would have given davis a lot of problems
    I agree. If Maxiell was in there instead of CV i bet we'd see more of Ed in the 4th.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• another win. so far my updated prediction of 63 wins seems legit. thats 4 games above 500 in the past 4 games. haha

like dds' game tonight. his effieciency is really nice right now. nice having no volume shooters in the starting 5 and a couple on the bench i think. everyone is making due with their touches in the starting 5 and then the bench of anderson and klieza comes in and fires away to see who hits that particular night.

Comment

• Game Highlights

Comment

• Fields still hasnt played. Im guessing when we have that 5 day break he will be eased back into rotation Good win and how bout Monroe? Dam! check that mans urine lol beast.

Comment

• Are we in some bizarro world?!

Brandon Knight, PG
            36 MIN | 1-10 FG | 0-0 FT | 4 REB | 6 AST | 2 PTS | +3
            Knight didn’t hesitate to look for his shot early in possessions, but he just didn’t make many of them. His playmaking (six assists and two turnovers) was fine. His ability to stay in front of Jose Calderon was not. Calderon frequently beat Knight off the dribble to create passing lanes for his 17 assists.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/

Comment

• Great win! not sure why we went with Kleiza. Dude was horrible but It seems to me Casey has an issue playing Ed in the final minute of games.

Comment

• Ed never gets any PT in the 4th. Even when he is in beast mode. I am not claiming all star or any other BS but ED has looked solid. I think its clear he has turned some sort of corner but still has no confidence from his coach. That is a casey problem not an ED problem.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                  Ed never gets any PT in the 4th. Even when he is in beast mode. I am not claiming all star or any other BS but ED has looked solid. I think its clear he has turned some sort of corner but still has no confidence from his coach. That is a casey problem not an ED problem.
                  I'd like to have seen Ed get a shot at defending Monroe in the second half when he was abusing Amir and Jonas. He would have been giving up a lot of size and strength, but arguably, Ed has the best defensive instincts amongst out bigs.

I don't blame Casey though. He did the right thing by playing Amir whom is the more experienced and stronger big. If you play the more experienced guy that is supposed to be able to do a better job on Monroe and Monroe still scores then you just tip your hat to the better player, but if you play the guy who is not supposed to be the better player in that situation and Monroe still scores on him the the coach is at fault.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I'd like to have seen Ed get a shot at defending Monroe in the second half when he was abusing Amir and Jonas. He would have been giving up a lot of size and strength, but arguably, Ed has the best defensive instincts amongst out bigs.

I don't blame Casey though. He did the right thing by playing Amir whom is the more experienced and stronger big. If you play the more experienced guy that is supposed to be able to do a better job on Monroe and Monroe still scores then you just tip your hat to the better player, but if you play the guy who is not supposed to be the better player in that situation and Monroe still scores on him the the coach is at fault.
                    Agreed, and disagree. Good point about the better player on the experienced player, but Ed Davis was a better player tonight. Casey has been inconsistent in going with the 'hot hand.'
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Maybe he was saving him. Amir just got injured, Andrea is injured. Playing Ed for 40 minutes in a game we had under control may not be the wisest idea for the games going forward. We got the win, Ed still played 28 minutes.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Agreed, and disagree. Good point about the better player on the experienced player, but Ed Davis was a better player tonight. Casey has been inconsistent in going with the 'hot hand.'
                        The problem with playing the "hot hand" is that with this team it's a different player every night. You have to have some sort of consistency out there. Amir is till the better post defender imo, but my hope is that we end the season with a starting front court of JV and ED.

Comment

Working...
                        X