X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    None of those trades actually work in Real Life though ... None of the teams involved have the required Cap Space to take on the added Salary. All reasonable deals on Paper, but not realistic when you take into consideration the CBA and Salaries.

Use the trade machine to test out all your trades:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Sacramento and Dallas cannot trade first round picks either.

Use this site to check draft pick status remembering a team cannot go 2 consecutive years without a draft pick:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    Since Raps. don't have a 1st round pick next year, they should definitely try to acquire one. I don't think trading Jose will help them acquire one though. Trading Lowry will. That's what I think they should do. Get creative and package a big contract along with him for a 2013 1st rounder and a useful piece/s. The PG situation can be addressed in the off-season.
    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    The trade HAS to be right. We need him, he's a key part of our wins this season, but we could get someone whatever position to really be a key piece as well.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    knickz wrote: View Post
    like lawrence frank said," i don't know why they keep bringing in gaurds to replace calderon." why trade a assest? the only way i give up on calderon is if we get eric beldsoe
    Or Derrick Williams.

Leave a comment:

• knickz
    replied
    like lawrence frank said," i don't know why they keep bringing in gaurds to replace calderon." why trade a assest? the only way i give up on calderon is if we get eric beldsoe

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Honestly I wouldnt mind if Jose retired a Raptor Lifer..if the deal to extend him makes sense & Jose accepts his role what ever it may be at any given moment... He's earned at least that much

Bargs on the other hand, I hope he never wears the jersey again!
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    I wouldnt

Leave a comment:

• TheR3dMenace
    replied
    Move him. Tell him we'd love to have him back next year and will be in the bidding for his services.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Honestly I wouldnt mind if Jose retired a Raptor Lifer..if the deal to extend him makes sense & Jose accepts his role what ever it may be at any given moment... He's earned at least that much

Bargs on the other hand, I hope he never wears the jersey again!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    raptors98 wrote: View Post
    Even with our nice 4 game streak, the raps aren't going to do anything this season. If we trade Calderon now, we could get some valuable assets, and maybe still sign him at the end of the season.
    Some reasonable deals I like:

Package Jose and Bargnani for Kings first rounder (2013 or 2014), Aaron Brooks and Thompson.
    Calderon to Memphis for Wrotten, and Speights
    Calderon to Dallas for 2013 first rounder(might be lotto) and jae crowder

I especially like the last deal - especially cause it could definitely happen.
    Your potential deals?
    None of those trades actually work in Real Life though ... None of the teams involved have the required Cap Space to take on the added Salary. All reasonable deals on Paper, but not realistic when you take into consideration the CBA and Salaries.

Use the trade machine to test out all your trades:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    was thinking the same thing. sell high like we should have with bargs. its the only way this team will ever get better we always sell low

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    while I won't get into specific trade proposals I am torn about whether to keep him or sell high

Leave a comment:

• raptors98
    started a topic Trade Jose at the height of his value

Trade Jose at the height of his value

Even with our nice 4 game streak, the raps aren't going to do anything this season. If we trade Calderon now, we could get some valuable assets, and maybe still sign him at the end of the season.
    Some reasonable deals I like:

Package Jose and Bargnani for Kings first rounder (2013 or 2014), Aaron Brooks and Thompson.
    Calderon to Memphis for Wrotten, and Speights
    Calderon to Dallas for 2013 first rounder(might be lotto) and jae crowder

I especially like the last deal - especially cause it could definitely happen.
    Your potential deals?
Working...
X