Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA to suspend Texas guard Myck Kabongo for season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NCAA to suspend Texas guard Myck Kabongo for season

    In most impermissible benefits situations, players usually are suspended from three to 10 games and ordered to repay the amount of the benefits received. In this case, the penalty was made more severe because Kabongo provided inaccurate information to NCAA investigators when he was interviewed, sources with ties to Texas' basketball program said.
    Source

    Didn't see this anywhere in the forums but thought people would be interested. Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate section... is it just me or is it weird that there isn't an Everything NCAA section?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

    "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  • #2
    maybe raps can land him in the 2nd round??

    Comment


    • #3
      What a shame. This kid just made a large shit stain on his possible future career.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sig wrote: View Post
        What a shame. This kid just made a large shit stain on his possible future career.
        i disagree..being suspended for an NCAA season hasnt hurt Kanter's carreer outlook

        Comment


        • #5
          DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          i disagree..being suspended for an NCAA season hasnt hurt Kanter's carreer outlook
          That is true. But Kanter still had the opportunity to play elsewhere while still showcasing his talents so it didn't hurt his draft stock as bad as it could have.

          I'm not writing off Kabongo, but doing something so stupid like this is disappointing. All you get is one chance!

          Comment


          • #6
            Sig wrote: View Post
            That is true. But Kanter still had the opportunity to play elsewhere while still showcasing his talents so it didn't hurt his draft stock as bad as it could have.
            Actually, the year before his draft Kanter spent the entire year just practicing with Kentucky .. and thats it. Pretty sure for two years, all people saw of him was the Nike Hoops Summit games, or whatever they are.

            And the other thing being, is that Myck doesn't really HAVE any Draft Stock to begin with. Haha
            I'd be surprised if he squeeked into the 1st Round.

            Comment


            • #7
              Kabongo can showcase his talent in the D league or Europe, no problem. Any teams that steer clear because a 17-18 year old kid makes a mistake like this deserves to miss out. If Kabongo has talent, he will be drafted. If his stock falls, so much the better for some lucky team. he will pay for his mistake with three years of lower salary, because of falling in the draft, if that happens.

              Comment


              • #8
                DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                i disagree..being suspended for an NCAA season hasnt hurt Kanter's carreer outlook
                The big difference here is Kabongo actually did play in the NCAA and had a disappointing year.

                Kanter never got to play and had the whole mystery appeal.

                Big versus small argument also comes in to play.

                I think this is really unfortunate for the guy.

                I hope he leaves college after this year. I think there is no doubt he gets drafted. For guys that actually make it in the league, they are better off being drafted in the 2nd round anyways versus mid-to-late first round..... now the guys who actually make it, especially in the 2nd round, are few and far between.

                Toronto would be absolutely nuts not to take him in the 2nd round if he is sitting there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  The big difference here is Kabongo actually did play in the NCAA and had a disappointing year.

                  Kanter never got to play and had the whole mystery appeal.

                  Big versus small argument also comes in to play.

                  I think this is really unfortunate for the guy.

                  I hope he leaves college after this year. I think there is no doubt he gets drafted. For guys that actually make it in the league, they are better off being drafted in the 2nd round anyways versus mid-to-late first round..... now the guys who actually make it, especially in the 2nd round, are few and far between.

                  Toronto would be absolutely nuts not to take him in the 2nd round if he is sitting there.
                  I suppose it depends a bit on where they pick and what they need. You are right though he shat the bed last season badly and didn't do himself any favours for the upcoming draft. What would you advise him to do? Go to Europe, D League, just work on skill etc.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sig wrote: View Post
                    What a shame. This kid just made a large shit stain on his possible future career.
                    I guess it is one thing to get caught making a mistake like this, but to then lie about it in the hearing or whatever does not make him look very good at all. Questionable morals and character.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if he quit school could he sign somewhere?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Actually, the year before his draft Kanter spent the entire year just practicing with Kentucky .. and thats it. Pretty sure for two years, all people saw of him was the Nike Hoops Summit games, or whatever they are.
                        I guess I'm wrong then, I could've swore I saw him in some Euroleague or FIBA games a couple years ago.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Soooo, what happens to the asshole agent?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sig wrote: View Post
                            I guess I'm wrong then, I could've swore I saw him in some Euroleague or FIBA games a couple years ago.
                            He played in the U-19 (?) tournament, which took place after the draft. Same one the Jonas played in and dominated. Could be the one you're thinking of?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              if he quit school could he sign somewhere?
                              I don't see why not. As soon as he signs with an agent, he's eligible to sign within the league as he's completed the required one year post-high school.

                              I guess it would just look really bad if he drops out of school because he kicked off the team. Sort of shows where Education lies in the priority scale, right? Haha

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X