• Jclaw
    replied
    Feel loved

From the main menu of SI's NBA page

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/21/raptors...?sct=uk_t2_a13

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Yea, I don't understand why people care about this. Why would you care that another country isn't keen on following a team that is not from that country? What, because we share a border?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Tmar wrote: View Post
    Who cares about how the US covers the Raptors, when they aren't even covered that well in the country they play in. Aside from the GTA, basketball in a whole is not covered very well by the rest of the country. I mean, if there was no NHL lockout, do you really think people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg would care about a 5 game win streak?
    Raptor fans would, yes.

It is really tough to get bothered by US ignorance when Canadians have a healthy dose of their own.

Is basketball #1 in Canada? Absolutely not, not even close. Does basketball have a healthy fan base across Canada? Yes. Is this unique to just Toronto/rest of Canada? No, football is far and away #1 in many US markets followed #2 by MLB in others and there are some markets where basketball would fall #3.

Time to stop caring about those who don't have the same values or interests.

Leave a comment:

• Tmar
    replied
    Who cares about how the US covers the Raptors, when they aren't even covered that well in the country they play in. Aside from the GTA, basketball in a whole is not covered very well by the rest of the country. I mean, if there was no NHL lockout, do you really think people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg would care about a 5 game win streak?

Leave a comment:

• Fair89
    replied
    NBA has vested interests from U.S. companies, so by default the Toronto Raptors who is mostly CDN associated won't receive love from U.S.-run media.

If we had a marquee player with significant U.S. sponsorship, we'd get some spotlight like how Vince did. Even if the team was bad, everyone wanted to see Vince.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    who wants to hear about a team TEN games under .500?
    Pretty much this. A 5 game winning streak is less newsworthy when it only brings your record to 9-19.

The Terrance Ross thing is silly too. He's broken double figures twice during his last ten games and has had plenty of poor games in that stretch too. I'm enjoying watching him develop as a Raps fan but I don't expect "T-Ross scores 13!" to be leading off Sportscenter in the States...

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    to sum it up, they are behind, fox news captivates these people, nothing lost

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Who cares about the us media, all they care about is covering the all you can eat special at wallmart.

Somewhere out there there is a scientist doing a calculation to figure out how many centimeters an inch is. You can't fix stupid.
    umm...what?

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    Who cares about the us media, all they care about is covering the all you can eat special at wallmart.

Somewhere out there there is a scientist doing a calculation to figure out how many centimeters an inch is. You can't fix stupid.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    who wants to hear about a team TEN games under .500?

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    To be fair I didn't hear much from them about us when we were losing either. I'm sure if Ross keeps dunking like he has it may get us some burn on highlight reels.

Leave a comment:

• swingman
    replied
    I ain't even mad.

There's no room for anything NBA on E!SPN other than Lakers coddling and Lebron v. Jordan talk anyway.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Maybe no love from the U.S but in Qu├ębec it's getting good! No hockey and TVA Sports broadcast a lot of Raps games so it's nice! Yeah I know y'all don't care but I just wanted to share my happiness.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Darien wrote: View Post
    Ive stopped going to espn altogether. Its a piece of crap hypesite that doesnt deserve page views. Yahoo has less stuff overall, but you also arent reminded that theyre soul sucking corporate whores every 5 seconds. Is the Heat Index still there? Or did they turn it into the Lakers index after Dwight jumped ship.
    still there. not sure why.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    You noticed that T Ross got the #2 highlight of the night right?

...It's a small victory but it's something.
    just did thanks yo u.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X