Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Yea i dont buy that. He's got like a 40" vert, his arm and forehead are above the rim on a lot of dunks

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    This post is not to knock T-Ross or his ability to dunk, but in terms of vertical, when you look at the numbers he isn't overly special.

All figures from Draft Express Pre-Draft Measurements

T-Ross Max Vert: 37.5

Comparable Leapers at 37.5 Max Vert
    Austin Rivers - athletic undersized guard
    Ben Gordon - surprising, but it's hard to remember him young since he was mostly a shooter
    Joakim Noah - never thought he had that good of hops
    Trenton Hassell - decent defender at the point, but no hilight reel
    Jamaal Tinsley - really surprising

Close Comparables
    Chris Quinn 37 - a half inch less. Has there ever been a less awe-inspiring player in the NBA? (Ok, maybe Brian Scalabrine and his 30.5 max vert)
    James Harden 37 - solid dunker
    Sonny Weems 36.5 - solid dunker
    Russell Westrbook 36.5 - solid dunker

The cream of leaping crop
    Kenny Gregory - 2001 - 45.5
    Timmy Bowers - 2004 - 43.5
    Nate Robinson - 2004 - 43.5
    Vince Carter - 1998 - 43
    Jamario Moon - 2001 - 43
    Speedy Claxton - 2000 - 42.5 - surprised to see him so high

Random Dude with a cool name
    Cookie Blecher - 2001 - 41.5

Unimpressive dunkers with better hops
    Jordan Farmar 42" - shorter than Ross
    Matt Barnes 40.5" - close to Ross physically
    Joe Alexander 38.5" - close to Ross physically (scary thought!)

2012 Draft Class Only
    No Step Vertical
    Harrison Barnes 38
    No one else reached 35", with T-Ross getting 31" (Chris Quinn got 32" in 2006!!)

Max Vertical - notable draftees only
    Darius Johson-Odom 41.5 - Top
    Marquis Teague- 40.5 (3rd)
    Miles Plumlee - 40.5 (3rd)
    Jeff Taylor - 40
    Damian Lillard - 39.5
    Harrison Barnes - 39.5
    Bradley Beal - 39
    PJ3 - 38.5
    Jeremy Lamb - 38
    Austin Rivers - 37.5
    T-Ross - 37.5
    Moe Harkless - 37
    Quincy Acy - 37

So in the end, Ross is a good player and has thrown down some nice dunks, but to even put him in the conversation at VC is a discredit to VC's stellarness of dunking.
    There is not a chance in hell Ross has equal vertical to Ben Gordon and Jamaal Tinsley. I don't care what your pre draft test told us, Ross does jump higher than 37.5, plain and simple.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    ...So in the end, Ross is a good player and has thrown down some nice dunks, but to even put him in the conversation at VC is a discredit to VC's stellarness of dunking.
    Can't argue with this.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    This post is not to knock T-Ross or his ability to dunk, but in terms of vertical, when you look at the numbers he isn't overly special.

All figures from Draft Express Pre-Draft Measurements

T-Ross Max Vert: 37.5

Comparable Leapers at 37.5 Max Vert
    Austin Rivers - athletic undersized guard
    Ben Gordon - surprising, but it's hard to remember him young since he was mostly a shooter
    Joakim Noah - never thought he had that good of hops
    Trenton Hassell - decent defender at the point, but no hilight reel
    Jamaal Tinsley - really surprising

Close Comparables
    Chris Quinn 37 - a half inch less. Has there ever been a less awe-inspiring player in the NBA? (Ok, maybe Brian Scalabrine and his 30.5 max vert)
    James Harden 37 - solid dunker
    Sonny Weems 36.5 - solid dunker
    Russell Westrbook 36.5 - solid dunker

The cream of leaping crop
    Kenny Gregory - 2001 - 45.5
    Timmy Bowers - 2004 - 43.5
    Nate Robinson - 2004 - 43.5
    Vince Carter - 1998 - 43
    Jamario Moon - 2001 - 43
    Speedy Claxton - 2000 - 42.5 - surprised to see him so high

Random Dude with a cool name
    Cookie Blecher - 2001 - 41.5

Unimpressive dunkers with better hops
    Jordan Farmar 42" - shorter than Ross
    Matt Barnes 40.5" - close to Ross physically
    Joe Alexander 38.5" - close to Ross physically (scary thought!)

2012 Draft Class Only
    No Step Vertical
    Harrison Barnes 38
    No one else reached 35", with T-Ross getting 31" (Chris Quinn got 32" in 2006!!)

Max Vertical - notable draftees only
    Darius Johson-Odom 41.5 - Top
    Marquis Teague- 40.5 (3rd)
    Miles Plumlee - 40.5 (3rd)
    Jeff Taylor - 40
    Damian Lillard - 39.5
    Harrison Barnes - 39.5
    Bradley Beal - 39
    PJ3 - 38.5
    Jeremy Lamb - 38
    Austin Rivers - 37.5
    T-Ross - 37.5
    Moe Harkless - 37
    Quincy Acy - 37

So in the end, Ross is a good player and has thrown down some nice dunks, but to even put him in the conversation at VC is a discredit to VC's stellarness of dunking.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    The guy's a rookie, and still developing. DeRozan, while still not a great ball handler, has improved exponentially since he's came into the league. No reason to believe Ross cannot improve all facets of his game. He's seems to have this quiet demeanor about him, but he's gaining confidence with every game. I'm impressed.
    I hope so, ross is 2 year older than derozan when he entered the league though. I am impressed with the skills he does have however, his floor is high, a very safe pick.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    akashsingh wrote: View Post
    honestly I feel like ross's game is a waste of his athletic ability, he needs to learn to put the ball on the floor. But w.e. can't turn somebody into something he's not.
    The guy's a rookie, and still developing. DeRozan, while still not a great ball handler, has improved exponentially since he's came into the league. No reason to believe Ross cannot improve all facets of his game. He's seems to have this quiet demeanor about him, but he's gaining confidence with every game. I'm impressed.

Leave a comment:

• NoFrillz
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Can Ross jump as high as prime VC? NO.

VC's leaping ability and dunking ability is in a different level. I don't think anyone can compare to VC when it comes to dunking. There's a reason why people call him the greatest dunker of ALL TIME.

Ross is fantastic though. And i've been saying this in this forum for weeks now. Ross reminds me a lot of a young Jason Richardson. Difference is, Ross as a rookie is a much better shooter/defender than J-Rich in his rookie year.

J-Rich in his 1st year with the NBA was nothing but a dunker/slasher. Couldn't shoot, couldn't defend. Then he developed a 3pt shot later in hsi career and became primarily a 3pt shooter.

Ross i think has a chance to be a MUCH better player than J-Rich.

I see Ross more as a young Ray Allen. Sweet stroke, great hops, not the greatest handle. We have to teach him to run around all game coming off screens.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    honestly I feel like ross's game is a waste of his athletic ability, he needs to learn to put the ball on the floor. But w.e. can't turn somebody into something he's not.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Gerald Green is a scrub

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Vince was a freak, pure and simple. I mean...Vince jumped over a 7 footer DURING a game people. That said, Ross is about as close as you get to that without obviously being that kind of freak.

Leave a comment:

• Deadallus
    replied
    Simple answer, NO. Doesn't need much elaborating.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Can Ross jump as high as prime VC? NO.

VC's leaping ability and dunking ability is in a different level. I don't think anyone can compare to VC when it comes to dunking. There's a reason why people call him the greatest dunker of ALL TIME.

Ross is fantastic though. And i've been saying this in this forum for weeks now. Ross reminds me a lot of a young Jason Richardson. Difference is, Ross as a rookie is a much better shooter/defender than J-Rich in his rookie year.

J-Rich in his 1st year with the NBA was nothing but a dunker/slasher. Couldn't shoot, couldn't defend. Then he developed a 3pt shot later in hsi career and became primarily a 3pt shooter.

Ross i think has a chance to be a MUCH better player than J-Rich.

Leave a comment:

• mountio
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Ross' predraft max vet: 37.5"
    VC's predraft max vert: 43"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ss-5747/links/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...er-1951/links/

So it's not really that close in terms of a max vertical. He's very close to Derozan though and has a better no step.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demar-derozan-1319/
    Thanks for this .. confirms what I thought to be the case, that T Ross gets up for sure .. but not quite Vince-like. However, in terms of ability to dunk in games, hes more like Vince (the best) than DD (still struggling).

One thing I will say for T Ross is he isnt afraid to take off far away from the rim .. one of his dunks in the early games he took off inside the dotted line below the foul line and dunked it pretty easy. No easy feat for an in game dunk ... !

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    Ross' predraft max vet: 37.5"
    VC's predraft max vert: 43"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ss-5747/links/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...er-1951/links/

So it's not really that close in terms of a max vertical. He's very close to Derozan though and has a better no step.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demar-derozan-1319/

Leave a comment:

• RAPS4LIFE
    replied
    I played the Raptors online vs the Spurs on 2k13 last night and i made Ross as the starting small forward. This was his stat line:

17 pts, 9 rebs, 10 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk. We won too !

Also TRoss' dunks had more flair than Derozan's. This kid's future shines bright like a diamond

Leave a comment:

Working...
X