Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps have longest win streak in East. Lets enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    As an addendum, Magic never played during his playing career like the regular season was meaningless. I bet if you asked him before any of the 82 games whether they were meaningless or not he'd have looked at you like you had a horn growing out of your forehead (apologies to anyone with a horn growing out of their forehead)..
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8uFIGsMtJq...horn_asian.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    ...Interesting, when Magic Johnson was asked about the Clippers win streak yesterday, he answered to the effect that teams make their mark in the playoffs. The season becomes meaningless....
    This is the kind of basketball cliche that drives me nuts. Of course the season has meaning. It is where teams get a chance to put into effect what they have been learning in practice...to play as a team, to polish their offensive schemes, where players can try out the skills they have been working on, where coaches can test putting the ball into play against particular defences...! Only one team wins it all each year. Does that mean all the other games played are meaningless? What complete bullshit. Just a lazy response from someone who should know better.

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    As a person who enjoys watching raptors basketball, the last 5 games have meant a lot to me. They have been fun. It was nice to see Ross show some flash, nice to see Jose's tripple double, nice to see Anderson's heart.

...then you have markets that do not have an NBA team, and they cant even enjoy a bit of that home town pride.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    +1

Interesting, when Magic Johnson was asked about the Clippers win streak yesterday, he answered to the effect that teams make their mark in the playoffs. The season becomes meaningless.

This win streak only has meaning if the raptors contend, play above 500 ball for the rest of the season, and actually give a faint hope that there could just possibly be a playoff spot available.....
    They might not make the playoffs again but man enjoy this little bright spot will ya! Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    +1

Interesting, when Magic Johnson was asked about the Clippers win streak yesterday, he answered to the effect that teams make their mark in the playoffs. The season becomes meaningless.

This win streak only has meaning if the raptors contend, play above 500 ball for the rest of the season, and actually give a faint hope that there could just possibly be a playoff spot available.....

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Hopefully Lowry comes back guns blazing.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I think the Raps should come with the standard investment service warning. "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

:-)

Still and all, they have been playing well. I really don't expect a melt-down from them at this point. But there area lot of better teams out there. And as gets pointed out ad nauseum, all the teams in the NBA are staffed with NBA pros and any team can beat any other team on any given night. It's been a great run for the Raps. Hope it continues.

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    I think, we will give the Spurs/OKC a very good run.

Pending the play of DeRozan and Ross, I think we could actually pull through with it.

Ed Davis has been solid, and you cna always count on Amir to give 110%, and Calderon will continue to dish out assists.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Minni beat okc and I think we might just got what it takes if coaching is done correctly.

Leave a comment:

• JasonS
    replied
    Raps have also held 6 straight opponents to less than 100 points (one of those teams being the Rockets), that is very impressive considering how pathetic the defense has been all year...or should I just say Bargnani has been all year?

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    this win streak was really important going into our next couple of matches who wants to play great teams like spurs and OKC on a losing streak? Rapsreally needed this for morale. Im predicting an upset against the Spurs (crazy I know)
    we were really close last time! 2OT with Bargnani going 2/19. Any one of his open 3s wouldve won the game!

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    this win streak was really important going into our next couple of matches who wants to play great teams like spurs and OKC on a losing streak? Rapsreally needed this for morale. Im predicting an upset against the Spurs (crazy I know)

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    The people that are saying "oh they're beating easy teams" are just making excuses because we're a bad team...this wouldn't be happening if it were the Heat or any other team. I agree with you, a win is a win

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Did Raps have a win streak this long last season?
    Not since 2 years ago!

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Did Raps have a win streak this long last season?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X