Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Colangelo have a job still?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How does Colangelo have a job still?

    Like seriously.
    @sweatpantsjer

  • #2
    didnt u know...BC can sell Igloo's to eskimos! LOL for real though.. i think BC will be the MSLE pres. after this season is finished..all signs point to it in my opinion & the fact he hasnt been shown the door like Burke did only solidifies my belief.. Ed Stefanski will most likely take over..

    Comment


    • #3
      there really is no point to clean house mid season, especially if you are going to keep Casey as the coach.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've ALWAYS been a BryCo supporter .. but now I'm thinking that it might just be best for the franchise to have someone else drive the car. While I'm still of the opinion that he's made more good moves than bad for this team over the last several years, his few bad moves are starting to out weigh the many good things he's done. When that balance starts to lean in the wrong direction, change is certainly required. But mid-season is NOT the time to do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I've ALWAYS been a BryCo supporter .. but now I'm thinking that it might just be best for the franchise to have someone else drive the car. While I'm still of the opinion that he's made more good moves than bad for this team over the last several years, his few bad moves are starting to out weigh the many good things he's done. When that balance starts to lean in the wrong direction, change is certainly required. But mid-season is NOT the time to do it.
          I wanted to reply that changing mid season would help a new gm prepare for the draft, but, yeah ...

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe his time will be up at the end of the season. Rogers and Bell are showing signs that they are committed to winning and making the necessary changes in order facilitate success. Changes have been made to both the Jays and Leafs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Raptors are next on their list.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh look, another Colangelo complaint thread. Do we have an "Everything Colangelo" thread?

              He may or may not be gone this offseason, but they're not going to do anything in the middle of the season.

              Comment


              • #8
                KHD wrote: View Post
                Oh look, another Colangelo complaint thread. Do we have an "Everything Colangelo" thread?
                Haha its being considered.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The MLSE isn't gonna fire BC until they see what he can do before the trade deadline and how well his trades do to help the Raptors. So don't expect him to get fired until after the trade deadline.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Everyone screamed and whined for a rebuild. Guess what! thats what we are still doing! did you expect to be in the playoffs? it would be nice but this team still needs to play and come together. We have key pieces to keep and key pieces to move. And we have been winning without our primary scorer.. in pasta boy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why? Ill suits.

                      And I doubt he's going anywhere. He fits the personality type that MLSE has been bringing in for their other franchises.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What blows me away is that Brian Burke gets axed before the puck drops and he's been here a lot shorter while Colangelo just floats on by like a butterfly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          What blows me away is that Brian Burke gets axed before the puck drops and he's been here a lot shorter while Colangelo just floats on by like a butterfly.
                          The difference is we're trying to rebuild. Burke was trading away draft picks left and right to try and win right away.

                          I really don't get why people are calling for BC's head. It was clear from the start of the season we're rebuilding and that's what we're doing. It especially doesn't make sense to make this thread right now when we've been playing really well even if we blew big leads. This whole season has been a growing experience since we are struggling to close out games (which isn't because of lack of talent).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            The difference is we're trying to rebuild. Burke was trading away draft picks left and right to try and win right away.

                            I really don't get why people are calling for BC's head. It was clear from the start of the season we're rebuilding and that's what we're doing. It especially doesn't make sense to make this thread right now when we've been playing really well even if we blew big leads. This whole season has been a growing experience since we are struggling to close out games (which isn't because of lack of talent).
                            It was clear from the on court play. Off the court the message from the Raps (including BC) was much different.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              It was clear from the on court play. Off the court the message from the Raps (including BC) was much different.
                              Well the president of MLSE (current owners) said they want to see progress so I don't think he'll be gone as long as we keep playing well and improve over last season.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X