Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GT] Raps at Miami: Southbeach showdown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would put AA third in line for blame.

    1) BC for the state of roster and talent
    2) Casey for the reasons you stated
    3) AA - he did force the issue which is great when you make but.....
    EDIT:

    Actually AA goes from 3rd to 4th on blame:

    1) BC
    2) Casey
    3) Lowry - for playing so shitty when it mattered most - he is suppose to be taking those shots in OT
    4) AA

    Comment


    • BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      I have to admit (as Casey apologist), I cant apologize for the lineup in OT. It made no sense.

      Why did Davis only 24 minutes?
      Raps did get killed on the glass. Maybe Casey was sending one of those messages Bargnani never seems to receive? lol

      **yes, Bargnani's fault, lol**

      Comment


      • Bad timing for that message I guess. OT against Miami, how often will that happen? At that point, I say you put away the mental blackberry and play your best players.


        EDIT: Also, the rebounding was disappointing, this is a Miami team that only last month was finger pointing at each other because they were getting killed on the glass on a daily basis.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 PM.

        Comment


        • Give one of your best rebounders 24 minutes, blame him for lack of rebounding. Sounds perfectly logical.

          Comment


          • Pill wrote: View Post
            Give one of your best rebounders 24 minutes, blame him for lack of rebounding. Sounds perfectly logical.
            What was the rebounding with him on and off the floor? He had 5 rebs for the game. Raps got killed on the glass. If one of your best rebounders is having a poor rebounding game and the team is getting killed on the glass, yes, blame him. You know it does sound perfectly logical.

            Comment


            • Matt52 wrote: View Post
              What was the rebounding with him on and off the floor? He had 5 rebs for the game. Raps got killed on the glass. If one of your best rebounders is having a poor rebounding game and the team is getting killed on the glass, yes, blame him. You know it does sound perfectly logical.
              How is he going to rebound on the bench? Do you think our rebounding was going to magically get better with a smaller lineup? Why was Amir Johnson not subject to this? Ed Davis(24m, 5REB) 0.208 REB/M, Amir Johnston(32m, 6REB) 0.1875 REB/M in this game. Amir was no better...actually worse. Him and Amir were pretty active early in the game against the Heat front court before he got sat. Even ESPN noticed this. Teaching him some lesson like he is some child vs trying to WIN. Truly a noble cause.

              The reality of the situation is that Casey tried to match the heat who went smaller and we don't have the personnel. Blaming people who didnt get any minutes and wasn't completely horrible in the limited minutes they did get is pure scapegoating.
              Last edited by Pill; Fri Jan 25, 2013, 01:29 AM.

              Comment


              • Pill wrote: View Post
                How is he going to rebound on the bench? Do you think our rebounding was going to magically get better with a smaller lineup? Why was Amir Johnson not subject to this? Ed Davis(24m, 5REB) 0.208 REB/M, Amir Johnston(32m, 6REB) 0.1875 REB/M in this game. Amir was no better...actually worse. Him and Amir were pretty active early in the game against the Heat front court before he got sat. Even ESPN noticed this. Teaching him some lesson like he is some child vs trying to WIN. Truly a noble cause.

                The reality of the situation is that Casey tried to match the heat who went smaller and we don't have the personnel. Blaming people who didnt get any minutes and wasn't completely horrible in the limited minutes they did get is pure scapegoating.
                You think Gray is smaller? Check the video feed on your TV.

                I don't care how active you are when you are doubled up on the glass - and that included the limited minutes for ED.

                Gray: 1 reb per 3.5min. lol

                This isn't junior high ball. Men are paid millions to win. In the ORL game Matt/Jack said Casey said he was monitoring minutes vs. HEAT due to the back to back. I was offering my personal speculation for limited minutes on a night when Raps got murdered on glass. I could be, and most likely am, wrong.

                Comment

                Working...
                X