Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KaioKev
    replied
    If the team was a perennial contender, MSLE could change the team name to the Pylons and have them wear pink, yellow, orange and green jerseys. All I care about (and what everyone else should care about) is winning. When we start doing a lot of that then we can discuss changing the name and the colours. But for now, why waste time and money on changing some that has NO EFFECT on the performance on the court?

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Looks like something borrowed from a commercial pilot's uniform :|
    with the wings ya kinda.. i was expecting much worse though i guess

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is
    Looks like something borrowed from a commercial pilot's uniform :|

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Sig wrote: View Post
    Worked out pretty well for them? Do appealing team names make the players pay better?

Have you ever seen a lake in Los Angeles? :P I dont think any of their success would have been any different if they were named the Los Angeles Sulfur Dioxides.
    Sulfur Dioxides is still a better name than Pelicans.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    uke2themax wrote: View Post
    +1 for Huskies...BTW, I get that the Raptors use the colour red to distinguish themselves as the only Canadian team, but, other than TFC all Toronto sports teams have traditionally used the colour blue..Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Argonauts...So I'm all for having the blue & white Huskies jerseys
    I would prefer not having any association with the Leafs. If there was some way to sever ownership with them too, I'd be all for it

Leave a comment:

• uke2themax
    replied
    +1 for Huskies...BTW, I get that the Raptors use the colour red to distinguish themselves as the only Canadian team, but, other than TFC all Toronto sports teams have traditionally used the colour blue..Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Argonauts...So I'm all for having the blue & white Huskies jerseys

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Thankfully I'm a recent transplant, so I'm spared the pain of having to be a Flames fan... I think that's far worse than even being a Leafs fan!
    Nonsense. I am not in Toronto but am a Flames fan. Flames at least have won a cup in the last 25 years!

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    if we change our name away from raptors, then kevin durant will never be able to fulfill his childhood dreams.
    +1 lol

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    I am not so willing to throw the past away. I think its a move based on fan insecurity. Probably the worst way to improve the team.

Not to mention that I have been a fan since 95, its my past I would be changing, and I don't feel there is a need to do that.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    If we change our name away from Raptors, then Kevin Durant will never be able to fulfill his childhood dreams.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I agree with the sentiment that if you're going to change, i want a complete whitewash, minus Casey and a few of the players.

a fresh, clean start could be a really good thing for this team, not to mention a talent infusion.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Calgary, where teams refuse to trade assets and commit to a true rebuild. Yup, sounds about right
    Thankfully I'm a recent transplant, so I'm spared the pain of having to be a Flames fan... I think that's far worse than even being a Leafs fan!

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    ...and a Raptor would kill a Pelican any day, just might get a little bothered by the Heat

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I say relocate the team to Calgary, where the name will have all the same positives it currently has, with the added benefit of being applicable to the city/region/province. I could possible have some bias in my opinion though...
    Calgary, where teams refuse to trade assets and commit to a true rebuild. Yup, sounds about right

Leave a comment:

Working...
X