X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig
    replied
    japetas wrote: View Post
    So you prefer to waste the chance to make playoffs this year, and then tank next year too? If we not gonna tank next year, may end up with 8-13 pick again to draft another average talent, or make playoffs at 6-8th seed... I don't like this scenario, just try to win, enough of mid-late lottery picks
    I want to win too, but it wouldn't be a genuine achievement if they happen to make it in my opinion. I really believe that the best thing for the Raptors to do right now is to trade away every player that isn't in the plan for the future, and start all over again through the draft; hoping to net a player like Wiggins. Unfortunately free agency is not an option for us.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I am not doubting his bravado warrior status... the in the moment, pain and shit is real warrior.

I am talking about the dedication and boring grind of rehabilitation. Again, I could be wrong and it is speculation on my part.
    I disagree. He looked so torn about not being able to play and after he said he'd work his ass off and be back in 2 weeks. Lol don't expect that but I wouldn't question his drive to make a quick return from this injury. He's no andrew Bynum.

Leave a comment:

• japetas
    replied
    Sig wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't the smarter move be to just miss the playoffs instead of trading our assets away to make a hopeless playoff run?

What's the point of making the 8th seed with this team? To temporarily please the fans? I don't know, the smart thing to do would be to finish 9th in the East to give our late lottery pick to OKC, so we can keep ours next year in a much better draft.
    So you prefer to waste the chance to make playoffs this year, and then tank next year too? If we not gonna tank next year, may end up with 8-13 pick again to draft another average talent, or make playoffs at 6-8th seed... I don't like this scenario, just try to win, enough of mid-late lottery picks

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    ACL tears can take up to a year to rehab so the C's will probably be without him for a good portion of next year too.. this could kill this season and next for them

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    he rehabed through the elbow flap just fine..came back & played even better, i have no doubt hell rebound from this one as well
    Just like Rose will

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    I am not doubting his bravado warrior status... the in the moment, pain and shit is real warrior.

I am talking about the dedication and boring grind of rehabilitation. Again, I could be wrong and it is speculation on my part.
    he rehabed through the elbow flap just fine..came back & played even better, i have no doubt hell rebound from this one as well

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Rondo Not a Warrior??? really... how many guys have there arm fold backwards in horrifying fashion continue to play with one arm?? then upon his return to health becomes the best PG in the league?? Rondo will be back to his usual self in time for next season..

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    +1

Also, they just beat Miami in 2OT. They might not be a write off.... Ewing Effect anyone?

I also wouldn't trade for Rondo. He doesn't strike me as the dedicated rehabbing warrior type... although that is speculation on my part and I very well could be wrong.

Rondo Not a Warrior??? really... how many guys have there arm fold backwards in horrifying fashion continue to play with one arm?? then upon his return to health becomes the best PG in the league?? Rondo will be back to his usual self in time for next season..

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Pill wrote: View Post
    I dont want anyone on Bostons roster in return. There would have to be a 3rd party.
    +1

Also, they just beat Miami in 2OT. They might not be a write off.... Ewing Effect anyone?

I also wouldn't trade for Rondo. He doesn't strike me as the dedicated rehabbing warrior type... although that is speculation on my part and I very well could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Pill
    replied
    I dont want anyone on Bostons roster in return. There would have to be a 3rd party.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    this def will add Boston to the list of teams intersted in Jose/Lowry.. if nothing else it may help drive up the price for PG help

boston may just decide to blow it up now & trade PP & KG for picks & other assets
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    Wouldn't the smarter move be to just miss the playoffs instead of trading our assets away to make a hopeless playoff run?

What's the point of making the 8th seed with this team? To temporarily please the fans? I don't know, the smart thing to do would be to finish 9th in the East to give our late lottery pick to OKC, so we can keep ours next year in a much better draft.

Leave a comment:

• serbiantiger8
    replied
    long time reader, first time poster.

With Rondo out, I agree that the 8th spot is easier to achieve now, however, I still don't think that the Raptors can make it, they're just not mentally ready yet. i think Boston will be looking heavily for a filler point guard now that Rondo's out for awhile, and look what team has two tradeable point guards on their team....

There were rumours before about a Jeff Green for Bargnani trade, but that makes little sense for Boston right now. One option for them now could be Calderon for Green and a pick maybe. Boston gets a solid, veteran point gaurd who can fill in for Rondo now, and who's contract is also expiring. For the Raps, we get Green, a solid young player at the 3, and a pick possibly. Another trade, and this is the one I like better; Lowry and Kleiza for Green and a pick. Boston gets a pg who can again fill in for Rondo, but could also have a future in Boston as a scoring guard off the bench, or if not, a solid trade piece in the future. They also get Kleiza, who would fit well behind Pierce. Again, the Raps get Green, and I think the pick would defintely be included in this one, and we could use that pick to maybe draft a young pg who calderon could mentor. Also, we get rid of Kleiza, and Lowry, who doesn't really seem able to get himself comfortable in the current squad. These are just some ideas, nothing for sure, but the Rondo injury has opened interesting situations in the Eastern conference.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Man, that is crazy.

What is with the rash of ACL injuries? Is it just me or have there been a lot of them in the last year? Or is the number the same just higher profile players?

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    I am all for sneaking into the 8th spot, not so sure if I want to pay assets for the privilege, unless its something that makes sense long term. No rentals please, unless its just for Jose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X