Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! D.C. finds his balls and decides to speak out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    http://raptorswatch.com/2013/01/31/n...-casey-25-000/

David Stern...... Really waiting for the moment he leaves his office. What an douche, at least I wont get fined for this.
    Rick Carlisle just got slapped with the same fine for the same reason..Mavs got screwed 2 games in a row from non calls at the end of the game

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    NBA fines Dwane Casey $25, 000

http://raptorswatch.com/2013/01/31/n...-casey-25-000/

Instead of dishing out another worthless apology to the Toronto Raptors, they have fined Casey for his post-game comments.
    David Stern...... Really waiting for the moment he leaves his office. What an douche, at least I wont get fined for this.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A top 3 pick.

More screwing equals more balls. Fingers crossed.
    I seriously doubt they would give us more balls.I also don't think it would be right. How about the teams that desperately tried to suck all season for balls?(suck for balls ? )This is a messed up league. I guess they make great businesses huh. 25k fine for speaking the truth after being severely screwed seems fair...

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    Criticizing NBA refs is an automatic fine. The real surprise (and kick in the face by $tern and his cronies) is the lack of apology. Fuck those assholes.
    insinsere apologies are meaningless anyway..id prefer if they just called the game by the book

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    which is a drop in the bucket for him but Casey spoke his mind and Im glad he did stood up for his short handed squad last night they were robbed absolutely robbed.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Criticizing NBA refs is an automatic fine. The real surprise (and kick in the face by $tern and his cronies) is the lack of apology. Fuck those assholes.

Leave a comment:

• nayan742
    replied
    Nothing new here; Casey fined by the NBA

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/31/d...s=iref:nbahpts

Since there was no apology by the refs, this was bound to happen. Poor guy gets hit with a fine for speaking (in my opinion) the truth.

Anyone think this will change the ref's approach to future games? I personally think that if it didnt work after the first time, AND the second, I doubt anything will change now.

Sad to say (since its the truth), but I hope having Gay will make the ref's take notice and think twice about not blowing the whistle.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Fined 25 grand by the league today.

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    ^ That'd be nice.

Except we want it in next year's draft.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    footarez wrote: View Post
    No really. Thanks for the official apologies but what good is that. This has been completely unfair and not just to the organization but the fans. The stupidest thing is that they can not give us anything in return. They can not give us wins because that would be unfair towards the other teams. They can not give us draft picks for the same reason.So to summarize we are getting screwed and we get absolutely NOTHING in return/compensation of some sort.Don't even get me started on the "what effect would a few more tough wins on the young guys" ; "it would have brought more positive effect in the locker room and the end result would be more wins and focused play" .We can twist this around as much as we can to our potential benefit "IF" that screwing officiating hasn't happened.
    Basically what I am trying to understand is the following: The compensation for 4 final seconds of games no calls would be ???
    A top 3 pick.

More screwing equals more balls. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    No really. Thanks for the official apologies but what good is that. This has been completely unfair and not just to the organization but the fans. The stupidest thing is that they can not give us anything in return. They can not give us wins because that would be unfair towards the other teams. They can not give us draft picks for the same reason.So to summarize we are getting screwed and we get absolutely NOTHING in return/compensation of some sort.Don't even get me started on the "what effect would a few more tough wins on the young guys" ; "it would have brought more positive effect in the locker room and the end result would be more wins and focused play" .We can twist this around as much as we can to our potential benefit "IF" that screwing officiating hasn't happened.
    Basically what I am trying to understand is the following: The compensation for 4 final seconds of games no calls would be ???

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    Let's get down to business. Can we flip five apologies and cash considerations for a draft pick?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    The Bargnani non-call didn't upset me because I have seen that get missed before. The Amir call I didn't get get exercised about cause the continuation rule is interpreted so vastly different game to game (and play to play) I can see a mistake being made. The Anderson call didn't bother me cause that was weak-ass play from both Calderon and AA.

This non-call was outrageous. Two officials had a clear site-line to the play. It was clear that they had determined before the play not to blow the whistle. You can't do that as officials. Ever.
    The Bargnani play was actually 2 non-calls in 1. After the Bargnani airball, Taylor grabbed the rebound and stepped on the baseline with 0.8 seconds left (which was also missed).

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    The Bargnani non-call didn't upset me because I have seen that get missed before. The Amir call I didn't get get exercised about cause the continuation rule is interpreted so vastly different game to game (and play to play) I can see a mistake being made. The Anderson call didn't bother me cause that was weak-ass play from both Calderon and AA.

This non-call was outrageous. Two officials had a clear site-line to the play. It was clear that they had determined before the play not to blow the whistle. You can't do that as officials. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    phiLLy wrote: View Post
    I love DC.

About time, who cares if he gets fined, somebody from the Raptors Organization needs to speak out.
    Someone should bring sign to next game"Are NBA refs anti-Canadian?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X