Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcrombeen
    replied
    This fan base is so fickle. If Bargnani has one or two more decent games, all the people who called for his head will now be his biggest supporters. The new whipping boy will be Kyle Lowry. This process just repeats itself over and over. Of course I'm not immune to this love-hate cycle, its just funny is all.

As far as Amir being a starter, I have no problem with this. What I do have a problem with is Amir being the best big on the team. Amir is your classic hustle guy, and I love his mobility and versatility in a three big rotation, but if this team wants to do more than just make the playoffs, Amir cannot be the best big we've got.

I'm not huge on the Gasol trade because I see him as a center at this point in his career (too slow to play PF). To me, most of LA's defensive deficiencies could be alleviated by moving everyone "up" one position (ie Gasol - C, World Peace - PF, Bryant - SF). It's been obvious that LA is too slow to guard effectively since they were run off the floor in the playoffs by Dallas two years ago. Why do you think LA's most effective rotations always had Odom at the 4 rather than Gasol? But anyways, I don't like the Gasol move because assuming we ship out Bargnani for him, this leaves only one player (Amir) to play the four.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I..... agree. As much as I want Bargnani gone. Last night, I really liked what I saw from Bargs as a backup. And he told Matt Devlin that he would accept coming off the bench. Stoudemire did not start a game this year for the Knicks. Why would not Andrea be able to do it?

If we could bring in a third PF/C who can rebound and defend (Amundson/McRoberts type player), I think I would be fine with having such a talented 7 foot forward coming off the bench. Let's forget his salary, let's forget he's a first pick. He's still a really, really good player, like him or not. If I had to choose between keeping him or Kleiza as a backup, you know who I'd choose.

Valanciunas/Gray/Haddadi
    Johnson/Bargnani/?????/Acy
    Gay/Fields/Zubcic
    DeRozan/Ross
    Lowry/?????/Lucas
    Actually, if Bargnani ends up staying, you won't need to go out and find the prospect big. Rotation between the main bigs (Valanciunas, Amir) sitting for the bench guys (Gray, Bargnani) and your prospect big (Acy).

Point guard is a must though, and that's when you go out and deal Anderson/Kleiza + 2nd Round Picks.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
    I think Bargnani is better suited as a 3rd big behind Amir and Valanciunas ... scoring off the bench.
    +1. Bargnani actually brings A LOT of energy onto the floor recently.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
    I think Bargnani is better suited as a 3rd big behind Amir and Valanciunas ... scoring off the bench.
    I..... agree. As much as I want Bargnani gone. Last night, I really liked what I saw from Bargs as a backup. And he told Matt Devlin that he would accept coming off the bench. Stoudemire did not start a game this year for the Knicks. Why would not Andrea be able to do it?

If we could bring in a third PF/C who can rebound and defend (Amundson/McRoberts type player), I think I would be fine with having such a talented 7 foot forward coming off the bench. Let's forget his salary, let's forget he's a first pick. He's still a really, really good player, like him or not. If I had to choose between keeping him or Kleiza as a backup, you know who I'd choose.

Valanciunas/Gray/Haddadi
    Johnson/Bargnani/?????/Acy
    Gay/Fields/Zubcic
    DeRozan/Ross
    Lowry/?????/Lucas

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    JV/Amir, is a very good combo, and they should continue to develop with each other.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    If bargs is on the team than I want him to come off the bench and keep amir as the starter. If bargs goes ideally you want to bring in a PF who is better than Johnson and have amir come in off the bench. An effective Bargnani long term (which i still don't think is very likely) works well coming off the bench and can even play some crunch time when you need scorers.

Amir keeps improving and I think can be an average/slightly above average starter, but I think he's probably in the top 5 of pf/c coming off the bench, which is valuable as well.

Is bargnani playing well enough to trade to the jazz for milsap?

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Man Amir erased a 4 point deficit in 10 seconds. Rebound, putback, steal, rebound, putback. What a great sequence to tie the game.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Trade Primo Pasta for a backup PG and keep Amir starting at the PF for the rest of the season. I'd be fine with that with the way he's been playing.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    Im glad to see he is really living up to that contract everyone was complaining about

Leave a comment:

• YoungGuns
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think he can be.... no doubt.

but still think he is best suited as third big"

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I think he can be.... no doubt.

but still think he is best suited as third big"

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    I never thought I'd see the day, but he is becoming a force. Young, athletic, get's better every year, and now he has developed a jump hook and a spin move. He's making me a believer.

Leave a comment:

• YoungGuns
    replied
    If you don't think Amir can be a starting PF

You are a moron. He improves every year and backs down from no man. If I was to buy another raps jersey you better believe its gonna be Amir's.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Another good outing 16 Points, 12 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 1 Block, 1 Steal. Except for that late mistake at the end , he had a good game. Once again showing his a starter in this league.

Leave a comment:

• JasonS
    replied
    Yes...but as many said, long-term he is outstanding off the bench. However if Amir keeps progressing who knows. Pretty quick PF despite being a bit undersized.

I am all about rebounding lately, and Amir does that consistently, and he makes big defense plays by protecting the rim at times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X