Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phiLLy
    replied
    One game, stop panicing.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
    But if you could get jose back this offseason at 5-6 mill a year and trade Kyle for something of value, would you not do it?
    I'd love Calderon back but, at 32, he's a backup/mentor; not a starter. I'd keep them both.

Leave a comment:

• Michel G
    replied
    qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
    But if you could get jose back this offseason at 5-6 mill a year and trade Kyle for something of value, would you not do it?
    You weren't asking me, but I'll answer the question anyway, No. It's time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• qb5PHILA@hotmail.com
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    +1 Please everyone calderon was good but its not like he made the team that much better we gave up Calderon for a guy that can make his own shot, and provide less attention at DeRozan to play his game a lot more free flowing.

GET OFF THE CALDERON **** its the past high character guy great playmaker but come on its a good thing that we are finally making a new Raptors team. Our asisst #s are down becaue Lucas is playing main guard off the bench and those playing alongside him arent looking to set players up.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Time to move on.

+1 Please everyone calderon was good but its not like he made the team that much better we gave up Calderon for a guy that can make his own shot, and provide less attention at DeRozan to play his game a lot more free flowing.

GET OFF THE CALDERON **** its the past high character guy great playmaker but come on its a good thing that we are finally making a new Raptors team. Our asisst #s are down becaue Lucas is playing main guard off the bench and those playing alongside him arent looking to set players up.

Leave a comment:

• Michel G
    replied
    PicknRoll wrote: View Post
    Miami had 17 assists off 40 made baskets today, Raptors 15 off 28. The NBA champs did just fine without a bucket full of assists today. Raptors got beat today because Miami had one more option - a low post threat (public enemy #2 - Chris Bosh), not because Lowry has a sub-par handle...

This is a completely different roster now that creates from the wings, not from screen & rolls. The point guard's job with the starting five is to get the ball in the hands of DeRozan or Gay and run to the corner in case a spot up three is needed at the end of the shot clock. DeRozan is turning into a pretty good passer after all the double teams he has seen this year. Gay seems like he's OK finding guys off the dribble as well.

If the Raptors were missing anything today, it felt like the abscence of someone to make use of Amir's excellent interior passing skills - a low post guy.
    Somebody making sense. And like Matt said, time to move on. After watching Jose for seven years, I think people have forgotten that most point guards turn the ball over.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Lowry played great ball early on this season before his injury/backing up Jose, and he has never replicated that early success. Really hope he can get back on track.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Once Val is 100% i'd expect him to score a lot of points off of dump offs

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    PicknRoll wrote: View Post
    Miami had 17 assists off 40 made baskets today, Raptors 15 off 28. The NBA champs did just fine without a bucket full of assists today. Raptors got beat today because Miami had one more option - a low post threat (public enemy #2 - Chris Bosh), not because Lowry has a sub-par handle...

This is a completely different roster now that creates from the wings, not from screen & rolls. The point guard's job with the starting five is to get the ball in the hands of DeRozan or Gay and run to the corner in case a spot up three is needed at the end of the shot clock. DeRozan is turning into a pretty good passer after all the double teams he has seen this year. Gay seems like he's OK finding guys off the dribble as well.

If the Raptors were missing anything today, it felt like the abscence of someone to make use of Amir's excellent interior passing skills - a low post guy.
    Great point.

Movement and guys getting the ball in a position to score is the issue here. Raps were looking stagnant and, again, AA was the one forcing the offense... handfuls of hair are on my couch.

Leave a comment:

• PicknRoll
    replied
    Rap4Life wrote: View Post
    Is it me already two games in and i miss the assists Calderon provided...I mean 2 assists tonight between our 2 point guards is ridiculous...When the bottom fell out in the 4th we became a jump shooting team that couldnt hit a jump shot and Lowry kept turning over the ball. I'm Begging in what ever trade we do to shed AB from the team can we please get a pass first point guard to at least offset the bad decision making PG's we currently have...We really could have won this game and at one point in the Heat broadcast they even mentioned the fact that we are getting no assists production for the PG's..

Thoughts

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    How bout this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    While I agree that a backup PG needs to be addressed....GIVE IT MORE THAN TWO GAMES BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT, PEOPLE. DO NOT count on the playoffs this year. If it happens great. The style of play has changed. Let's give the people that have been playing basketball since the age of 10 more than 96 minutes to figure some shit out
    Two games? Lowry has been on our team all year. I count all the games I've seen from him when I say that he still needs to do a lot to convince me he's the PG of the future, rather than just a good value stopgap.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    But you have to consider that Bledsoe is a helluva on the ball defender, and the Heat, when they feel like it (which they did today) are fantastic at putting pressure on the ball. I'm not surprised that Lowry's assists were low these past two games.

One thing that does look a little scary, though: without Jose feeding him on pick and rolls, Amir looks completely useless on offence. Hopefully this is partly due to his flu.

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    someone start thread resign Jose in offseason... I feel bad Jose doesn't have the chance to lead with Rudy Demar and Bargnani he would have a field day
    The Spin Doctor traded Jose twice (OK, once + one trade that was vetoed by MJ) so I doubt Jose will be eager to resign with the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X